READ THIS AND TAKE MY ADVICE - E200!!

Guest ffr3ality

Guest ffr3ality

lol well basically im gonna write and complain about how not to buy an e200 :D

well... why?!? i hear you ask

i bought my fone (sorry MY FIRST FONE) back on december the 5th. about 6 months ago. Until now it has broke errrm 5 times, and its just this very moment broke again to make 6 which i guess, is why im writing this.

Ok if your planning on buying one, stick with orange, customer services to do with orange care owns. Replacement next day delivery gr8 or what? well no... 15 quid a peice, times by 6... well u get the picture!

so what exactly has happened to each one of my amazing and unbreakable e200s? well what hasnt happened is perhaps closer to the truth.

1- back key stuck, how flippin annoying!! moisture problem supposodly

2-right softkey would not work- again a moisture problem

3- liked to crash alot, buittons get stuck and for it not to send text messages!! well this time it was a moisture problem + a fault in the fone

before i go on i would like to no how moisture got into it and after the 1st time i didnt use it in rain, bt rain shouldnt harm a fone shud it?? especially if its light rain which it was. so the 2nd and 3rd could not have been moisture so wtf?!?! something fishy is goin on, 45 quid and im on my 4th fone now. :|

4- crashed alot, then decided to downgrade itself to windows 2002 :| how does it do that?!? this fone is just a cheap upgrade then?!? or badly made. - they told me it was a manufacturing fault

5- OH LOOK A MOISTURE PROBLEM... wonder what it was, nothing worked :|

6- happened 5minutes ago actually, when 7 minutes ago i was just taking pictures with my girlfriend, listening to story of my life on windows media player and bla bla. so what did it do? get rid of everything, goto windows 2002 AGAIN, so i switch my fone off and back on and theirs no homescreen... just white!

I MEAN COME ON... this is gonna cost another 15 quid, and what do i get another e200... i dont want a differant model no others offer as gd as this in one on orange. the ones that do arnt released yet.

So ppl read this and take my advice, and if you already have one and dont happen to be on orangecare, pick up ure fone in ure right hand (left if ure left handed) pull it back... swing and let it go.... u shud feel a great sense of wonder and happyness when it hits the wall and smashes :D

DONT BUY AND E200!!!

and also has any1 else had the same problem as me... it downgrading itself?!

thanks

Guest sparkisgti

sorry to hear about your problems mate..

ive got an e200, just upgraded to the latest orange rom and still have no problems with it whatsoever.. has only locked up twice since ive had it and its now about 6 months old :D

Guest beersoft

Yay, another post moaning about the E200

you forgot to add the other 'major faults that should make the phone be recalled', you know the stuff like : the little white line thats at the bottom of the screen or random locking up when the sd card goes to sleep or the shade of orange the light is when its charging and the 3 other _MINOR_ things the phone sometimes does for some people.

last time i looked it was a mobile phone, and mine for some strange reason works like a mobile phone, and if i have been good and eaten all my greens it also does some other cool stuff, but 99% of the time its a mobile phone

i don't know about you but are you expecting five nines uptime from it or it to more reliable than a bt landline? if you are may i recomend a satellite phone or maybe a triple redundant fixed line running across 3 carriers.

pah, i've lost my thread here, its a gawd darn mobile phone, its not life or death that it will pay mp3's or games or anything like that, all it needs to do with a 99% chance of it working is make phonecalls (when in an area with signal) and if it can't you can always reboot the phone and try again

ohh and if your phones keep breaking with a moisture problem, have you considered a case for the phone, or not using it in such a humid place?? its more likely to be a condensation problem than a "its got wet" problem

later

Owen

"boo hoo things aren't working and i want to cry"

Guest beersoft
6- happened 5minutes ago actually, when 7 minutes ago i was just taking pictures with my girlfriend, listening to story of my life on windows media player and bla bla. so what did it do? get rid of everything, goto windows 2002 AGAIN, so i switch my fone off and back on and theirs no homescreen... just white!  

this i would like to see

last time i looked, there wasn't a smartphone 2002 image contained in the E200.

the problem your getting there is: your homescreen has a lot of plugins on it, and your phone has run out of memory to display the homescreen, quitting some apps or rebooting the phone will sort it out

later

Owen

Guest ffr3ality

lol if i js wanted a mobile phone i wud get a 3310 or something, y pay 150 quid for a minidisk and 100 quid for a fone and still u have to carry round 2 things wen u can do them both in one? isnt that alot easier so why shouldnt i expect something that costs 250 quid wen i brought it to work? (well obviously i got it on contract for free lol bt u no)

And bout rebooting my fone and not enuf memory, can c wher ure coming from and everything cz it was full to the max,(just music and pictures everything else is standard no extra programs/plug ins etc) bt it wont let me on any programs becuz ther not digitally signed now:S(standard ones i mean) and i cant connect it to pc either and rebooting it is impossible. lol now it wont even start up its like it has deleted everything so in that sense i cant see why memory would have caused that.

Last time it happened and i sent fone back 2 orange they sed it had gone back to as if nothing had been on the fone and was ready for 2002 not 2003 so :D

and for the cocky guy again, lol humid?? ye ok fair enuf bt its abit crap if it messes up in ure pocket or house cz thats only wher its bin lol, expensive fone that brakes if it stays in a bathroom for 10min : very nice lets all buy 1 lol

the thread was only to warn ppl and ask about a problem, i dont care if im wrong to be honest bt the e200 is unreliable and js wanted to make ppl aware of "MY" problem incase it happend to them

Guest midnight

there is no way it can have reverted back to 2002, because the E200 has NEVER had the 2002 OS, it comes preloaded with WM2003 and CANNOT be downgraded to Smartphone 2002

Guest ajb3000
And bout rebooting my fone and not enuf memory, can c wher ure coming from and everything cz it was full to the max

That's your problem right there, hard reset and you should be fine.

Guest ffr3ality

lol ye 1st thing i tried, sez its not digitally signed, i think its something to do other than memory here :D anything i click will not work apart from windows media player, and i deleted all the songs out of there incase the fone couldnt load everything due to low memory but it still doesnt work. SD card is out aswell. so now the fone had about 15mb free of 30 :S

i dint mean it downgraded i js meant orange had said it went back to before an OS had been put on and it was ready for 2002 and not 2003, thats what they said to me in ther letter.

Guest t12345uk

Two things....

1. No mention of Bluetooth range (or lack there of) in headset mode (fine in all other modes)

2. Why are you paying £15 a time? The charge doesn't apply if it is a faulty product. Which it sounds like. It only applies for loss or damage.

I would suggest trying to get a rebate.

Guest beersoft

the £15 fee applies for every claim or replacement, you can get a refund on the fee if the replacement phone or battery doesn't solve the problem and they have to send out another phone or battery.

later

Owen

Guest ffr3ality

oo that sounds gr8 lol, they owe me alot of money back now then if what u sed will work. lol time to get complaining.

let u no how it gets on tommoro

Guest HurricaneDave
there is no way it can have reverted back to 2002, because the E200 has NEVER had the 2002 OS, it comes preloaded with WM2003 and CANNOT be downgraded to Smartphone 2002

maybe not but it can/does revert back to the exact same menu system that 2002 has.. IE: all the software that is built in to the rom IE: ia album and all that dissapears.. all the things that are on 2003 that are not on 2002 dissapear (FACT) i know this because its happened to me twice..

it may not be 2002 software but its definatly the 2002 menu system or do you care to explain why ONLY the 2003 menu items dissapear when this bug occurs?

Guest t12345uk

Just rang 150. Told them I had an e200 and was having problems.... said it dropped 6 calls today, media player was making loud clicking noises and the old bluetooth headset range problem. I said that the headset worked ok if they were no more than a metre apart and if the battery was below 50% you can forget using the headset at all.

OK sir we can a replace handset out to you tomorrow between 9am and 1pm.

Thank you.

Guest Porkspeare

I feel for the guy, I've had my E200 3 weeks, it crashes constantly.

Orange say it's not their fault ring HTC, I ring HTC, they not our problem ring Orange.

I've had the SPV and the SPV E100 both fantastic phones with no problems. The E200 has the makings of a great phone / PDA but it lacks

testing before release.

Why in god's name does it crash when anyone rings me, I have a fekkin huge phone bill as it is, without me having to call everyone back.

I wish I had stuck with the E100, much much better phone for reliablity.

Guest ffr3ality

tangerdave m8 thats half the prob, otherhalf is that nowt works :D nd swappin it for the new nokia 7610 this week for free nd no upgrade price so its all good :D

Guest bluesmudge

It would seem to me people have either been blessed with a working e200 (me) and others with a completely useless one....... maybe its an initiative by orange to make sure their customer service centre is working? ..... just a thought

Guest Silent Killer

:evil: Sorry - this is off topic but why the **** is it that no one can hear me properly on my E200 - Im fairly sure Ive maxed the volumes but I keep having arguments with my girlfriend because she can just about hear what Im saying! - Is it just me or is this a common problem?

Guest maxh2003
I keep having arguments with my girlfriend... - Is it just me or is this a common problem?

No, we all get that problem - regardless of handset... :D