Installing a smart rom over qtek

Guest coolangot

Guest coolangot

guys is there a way to upgrade from a qtek 1.5 to Smart rom 1.5, 1.6, or 1.7?

Dinala ko kasi sa brightpoint ang SAP ko- they refused to fix it (for free) dahil Qtek. So pinapalitan ko to smart ROM 1.6 and 1.5 pero ayaw. nadedeect ang qtek rom.

I was able to downgrade pero hindi ako makapagupgrade.. ideas?

Guest kalinte

hmmm this actually puzzled me as well. what procedure did you follow to get to qtek. maybe you want to try and reverse the procedure? not betting my bottom dollar but seems logical.

Guest coolangot

hmm.. funny.. pero I was able to downgrade from Qtek 1.5 to smart 1.3..

If I remember the procedure correctly, I tried updating/reinstalling sa "on" ng Qtek, then nag white screen ( I think it was canary then white screen) tapos inulit ko ng 1.3 .

I was able to bring it to Brightpoint- nalibre ng pagawa. 6 months lang daw under warranty, pero the lady from Brightpoint told me na pwede pa raw ng 1 year- pero sa smart pa raw ipapadaan- I don't know kung nakapost na ito sa Brightpoint thread- tignan ko..

Anyway thanks sa reply nyo guys!

Guest zoegod

i got an ORANGE 1.6.1.10 na SAP and i want to upgrade it to SMART rom 1.7

any ideas on how to do this?

kept on dearching threads to no avail.

links naman o or steps

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sweetyls

ei kakaonline ko lang after a long time, and sakto pa yung question ko. I'm getting tired of my qtek rom, and am planning to go back to smart rom, preferably 1.6. I couldn't find the file online, so I decided to use 1.7 na lang. Problem is, it just won't upgrade. Kainis. I'll try to do the downgrade (1.7 to qtek) in reverse, but I misplaced my copy of the procedure (sir mar's procedure). Can anyone send it to me? Thanks!

[email protected]

Guest poofy

question again: whats the difference between the eurotel, imate, qtek i.5? is there a major difference like all sms are now readable? i mean the msgs you receive that goes #$##$##%#@!@!#@$(!$#$_!$#@(_#@!??? input people please, im planning to change my rom from eurotel to qtek. samrt lang ba ang may 1.7 upgrade?

Guest Stryper Aquila
question again: whats the difference between the eurotel, imate, qtek i.5? is there a major difference like all sms are now readable? i mean the msgs you receive that goes #$##$##%#@!@!#@$(!$#$_!$#@(_#@!??? input people please, im planning to change my rom from eurotel to qtek. samrt lang ba ang may 1.7 upgrade?

Basically its a garbled message. Per experience ion QTEK and ORANGE, mas lesser na ang garbled sms. But its more on network signals kaya nagkakaganon. I suggest go for changing ROM :P

Yes smart lang po ang meron, may palabas na rin silang 1.8 version.

Guest kalinte

tyup going back to smart from qtek is thru 1.3 but hte problem is, its a fairly old rom version and quite had to find. pero the BL downgrading seem to work as well.

Guest poofy

1.8??? kung kelan pa ako lumipat ng globe, may bagong version na naman ang smart. la na time to change to another sim, unless may stalker ako. hehehe :P how about the other roms? any news from them?

Guest Stryper Aquila
STRYPER AQUILA,

DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA AS TO WHAT ARE THE CHANGES IN THIS NEW ROM?

Actually its intention is to lock the phone. I just got no feedback yet from my fiend :P

@ppc,

I guess you're right :wink: