Running .exe files

Guest dmk

When I run the .exe installer I can't seem to find where on the phone, if at all, the application has been installed.

It does not ask me if I want to install the program on the phone or storage card when the storage card is in the phone.

The application is not available through programs after the installation????

Any thoughts on what might be happening? I limited to only beinbg able to install .cab files. This is very frustrating.

:D :D :lol:

Guest Nukl3ar

I can get very little software to install through the activesync program myself. It sounds like you are having the same problem I do ... the phone's screen says "download of successful blah de blah" then goes back to the main screen & never actually installs the program. I've been alot more successful installing cabs when I can find them. I think the activesync program is buggy. I have everything from the samsung site installed. None of it seems to have made a difference in any performance of the phone.

Guest mark_k

I use AS tomove the .CAB into the windows accesory foder then using the phone I select the .cab file using explorer and it installs.

I can get very little software to install through the activesync program myself. It sounds like you are having the same problem I do ... the phone's screen says "download of successful blah de blah" then goes back to the main screen & never actually installs the program. I've been alot more successful installing cabs when I can find them. I think the activesync program is buggy. I have everything from the samsung site installed. None of it seems to have made a difference in any performance of the phone.

That is exactly what happens. Nice to know I am not the only one. If you find a cure, pleae let me know.

Guest Nukl3ar

Well I've tried all the ideas anyone has come up w/ on any of the forums I can find to no avail. The only thing I havent tried is putting in a new storage card & performing a hard reset of the phone & then trying to install. Doesnt seem like much of a solution as I'd lose anything that was installed to the phone each time I had to do it. There are some progs I like to have resident on the phone. If I find anything I'll most certainly post it.

Guest xmradiojunkie

Ive had this issue happen twice and had to hard reset to resolve the issue. I found a website that explained how to fix it but it didnt work. I cant remember what the site is either. It just said to clean out you cookies, cache, history, call history.

I don't know of another solution eccept for using ALL-backup. If you hard reset, install everything and immediately perform a backup. I have had good experiences with it. Just set your power saving time out in settings to "never" before you backup/restore. I learned the hard way.