Dougie Lampkin's Custom Tracks.

Guest PiSONG

Guest PiSONG

I've recently purchased this game and love it. Finished all the levels and decided to make more :D

I've got a few on the go at the moment, but here's the first I made. Its a little crappy since it was the first, but its still lots of fun.

If anyone has any requests for levels let me know, as this is a blast 8)

Kenya:

HINT: the rock peak is reachable, just lean forward, then throw your weight backwards, and goose the throttle :D

kenya_preview.png

Kenya_PiSONG.zip

Guest kevlar

Thanks m8, I'll give it a go now. I was rather dissapointed at the lack of user made levels, I tried myself but have zero photoshop tallent. I wanted to make a bus jumping level, like in the evil knevil days, you know, long downhill ramp in a football stadium leading to a ramp to launch over buses. The skill would come from getting the speed right so you landed correctly on the landing ramp. I tried to make this level but it looked awful so gave up. I was going to make a few levels with increasing difficulty, i.e. 5 buses, 6 buses etc.

well done m8.

Kevlar

Guest PiSONG

Thanks!

I thought I would have more tracks for you by now but Im having the most frustrating time. I've made 5 tracks. One work, four don't. Yet they were all made the exact same way :shock:

Anyone have any ideas, or potential pitfalls to watch out for??

They crash the game back to the programs menu when trying to load the level.

So far only Kenya works.

PS. how did you go with the level? :D

Guest kevlar

Your level is very nice, just bloody hard!. We need more variety, a lot of the levels in the game are made of rocks. Do you fancy making my evil knevil stadium level?

Do you have the free extra levels Aim released ( iraq etc )?

I'll mail them to you if you don't have them.

Kevlar

Guest kevlar

PiSONG, if you work out why some alpha.png's work and others don't please post the secret. You have awoken my interest in this game so I decided to try making a few levels again, but I'm getting the same results as you, some levels just crashing for no apparent reason.

Kevlar

ps, great work on your website!

Guest xavierjohn22

We havé pöstéd töo träcks för this gamé.

Its in Thé Döugié lampkins förum, aim pröductiöns forum where they dönt reply.

I think i havé 8 tracks theré. hé hé. we did nöt cöntinué anymöre since they dont réply.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest PiSONG

Thanks, glad you like the level :D

Once you know the trick to get up the rock face its pretty easy. Just lean back, goose the throttle and throw your rider forward again, you'll pop up easy as that :D

And yes I have the xtra levels AIM released :D

I'll have a go at the evil knevil level, but I want to work out why some alphas work and others don't first :lol: Once we jump that hurdle life will get alot easier

Xavier, I've tried your custom levels also. Awesome work, I loved your waterfall level. Could you shed any light on the alpha problems??

And Kevlar, thanks for the kind words on the website :D

Guest kevlar

PiSONG, I've managed to get a level running that I couldn't get running earlier. Still don't know what the problem with these .png files is but this is what I did; I took the .png file from track 1 in the game , resized it to the size I needed and used this as the basis for my .png. My level is still crap though, but it runs!

Looking forward to some top levels from you!

Kevlar

Guest PiSONG

Kevlar, I tired as you suggested, but still a no go for me. I'd love AIM to get back to us on why these alphas work and don't work. As far as I can see theres no difference between the ones that work, and the ones that don't.

Eitherway I'll keep at it :D

Guest kevlar

I did the same with another track yesterday, the user made skate track someone posted in the competition thread. I took the .png which was 1200 x 297 pixels & resized it to 2400 x 297 pixels to double it's length. I then blacked out all the blue. I copied the blue from the original png again and pasted it twice so that the track was now repeated. I made a few alterations to make it a bit easier to complete and then did the same with the _fore.jpg. I was surprised when it worked!. Takes a while to load being such a big level but it runs. I wish I had some graphical skills, everything I attempt looks terrible. If you want to try my extra long skate level I will email it to you, I won't post it here as it is someone elses work really. PM me if you want ti try it.

Kevlar

Ps, when saving the altered .png, just click ' save ' to save the file as the original, that way it should be saved in exactly the same format. I think if you click ' save as ' and tell it to save as a png file it may be creating these somehow incompatible files. I hope that makes sense!

Guest PiSONG

I've done exactly as you suggested, still no luck.

man is this frustrating. No matter what I do, some tracks work, some don't and I have no idea why :!:

Guest kevlar

What about the little white start and finish lines? maybe they have to be within a certain distance of the edge? Have you tried putting a alpha that you know works with a new track foreground and renaming it? Obviously the bike won't follow the ground but it should work. Then modify the alpha.

Basically I have no luck creating alpha levels but can modify existing/working alphas no problem and they work.

it's a bit of a mystery isn't it!

Hope you get them working soon, I'm hoping for great things from someone with your gfx skills!

good luck

Kevlar

Guest kevlar

PiSONG, finaly managed to complete your level...nice m8!

Any luck with the other levels? this is actually starting ti piss me off too, I've been playing around with a few levels and contrary to my earlier post alphas I have been altering have started crashing on me too. It's anoying when you've spent ages playing around with a level and then it doesn't work.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Kevlar

Guest kevlar

At Last, I managed to finish a level!. It's not the best, and has no original artwork, just a photograph from the net. Anyway, let me know what you think!. PiSONG, I've PM'd you.

Kevlar

Ps, it is possible to complete!

Stonehenge.zip

Guest PiSONG

Awesome, I'll download your level now and see how I go :D

I also got your PM. I'll see if I have any luck with what you suggested and let you know how I go.

here's hoping 8)

Guest AIM-Koen

Hello guys,

I hope I can help you with those custom made track issues. When a level doesn't load, it's almost always the fault of the alpha image. Check these things for me:

1. there should always be black pixels on top of the level (this is air)

2. there should always be colored pixels in between top and bottom (ground)

3. the bottom row of pixels is a special case and should only contain black and white pixels. Black pixels are default and a white pixel is a checkpoint. Always have at least 2 checkpoints! The first checkpoint is the start of the level, the last checkpoint is the end of the level.

Tell me if you guys where able to fix those problems.

regards,

Koen Witters.

P.S.: If you can't get a level to work, mail it to me [email protected] and I'll try to locate the problem.

Guest kevlar

Thanks for the reply, Koen, I think I can safely say the levels I ( we ) have been failing with all pass the above points you mention. I have found a way to create an alpha that works, using original alphas and altering them. The problem comes with creating new alphas. If I create a new image in photoshop, and save it as a .png, with all the points you mention above covered, it just doesn't work. Or if I take the background jpg, and colour it in black and blue as needed, with the black bit at the bottom with the 1 pixel wide, white start finish points, and then save that as a .png then that won't work either.

Thanks for stopping by, please visit your forum while you are here.

Kevlar

Guest kevlar

Here is my latest level, again, not brilliant but it works, and is completable. It's all about the landing!!

ps, nice level PiSONG (cavelands ), I think your second checkpoint needs moving though, I keep just falling to my death when restarting from this point! :D

Rocky Horror2.zip

Guest PiSONG

Wow thanks for stopping by Koen

I'm certain all levels so far have met those criteria you have posted, so I may have to fire off some emails in the morning :D thanks again for the offer I for one really appreciate it 8)

Kevlar, the second check point was placed there for a reason :D Hold back as you drop you'll get the speed you need for the next bit.

BTW, I though my Kenya was hard, stonehenge is freaking hard. I consider myself a decent player (the last level in the regular game was a peice of cake) but damn dude. :evil: hehe

Guest kevlar

I can do Stonehenge quite easily, well I may die a few times but it's easier than Kenya!! :lol:. Rocky horror 2 is harder!

FMI how do you create your graphics? for instance the cave level, did you create that image? All I can do is steal a photo off the web and use that :D

Anyway, it's your turn so get back to work! :D

Kevlar

Ps, I'm surprised this game isn't more popular, definately in the top 3 on smartphone for playability!