My e200's buttons stick! Help!

Guest Austin519

Hi All - just to report I've also got the sticky key problem, number 4 repeating once pressed :roll: . Spoke to Orange and they are replacing the phone (on insurance, next day delivery) :lol:

jezza1

Guest Die Bruine

My buttons were sticky. I opened and cleaned my E200.

How to open a SPV-E200

Put the E200 face down. Insert your thumbnail (screwdriver gives nasty scratches) just above the +volume button and lift your finger. Move your thumb from the top to the buttom. Al clicks will spring open. Do this on the other side. Now lift the front (begin at top) and voila it's open. Top left corner there is one screw. Loosten it to disassemble the print.

Should take 1,5 minute :wink:

• 1 month later...
Guest my4000

allrigth all u guys r telling me that u got problems either with the 4 key, the return button, or the 4 way key. well i have been using my O2 Xphone for around 7 months now and i got PROBLEMS WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!! i have no idea what to do. does o2 give u a new piece if this one's faulty??

Guest bennyyos
i just got my 02 xphone like 2 weeks ago. i have the same problem with the back botton..

example:

when i write a message and use the backspace it will constantly erase all the characters.. in normal mode you when i press the backspace you will here the sound continously sounding, like pressing the backbotton and holding it.  i did find a temporary fix though, i hit the backbotton with 1 of my knuckles to shut it up.. it will work after a few tries, but i am worried it will just make things worse eventually.. most probably there is some contact problem.. do you think i should open up the phone and try to clean it myself?

i can't stand this phone.. first it hangs a lot and now this!!!! ARGH!!!! give me hope puhlease!!!!! i am desperate!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem after 8 months of usage. It is terrible when you are composing halfway and in the end erasing all sentences when you hit the back button. I am thinking of migrating to other brand, any suggestion ? I like the Outlook Synchronization though. Will Nokia and Ericsson do the same synchronization ??

Guest Disco Stu
I have the same problem after 8 months of usage. It is terrible when you are composing halfway and in the end erasing all sentences when you hit the back button.  I am thinking of migrating to other brand, any suggestion ?  I like the Outlook Synchronization though. Will Nokia and Ericsson do the same synchronization ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt those phones will as they don't use MS software.

Why not get a C500 ?

:D

Has anyone tried repairing the phone instead of replacing it? Since there is no chance of me getting a replacement, i would like to know if i can get it repaired somehow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the phone is less that 12 months old and has a hardware fault HTC europe will fix it for free. My husband has just done this (orange wanted to charge him for replacement phone) and within 10 days it's back, with all buttons working wonderfully. His joystick was naffed and the menu softkey and back button seriously dubious. All is well :D

HTC Europe Website

Try raising a case for your phone, I think you merely need a valid IMEI code to raise a case

Best of luck

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure is ROM(Software Problem), My E200 is in good condition until flash new ROM , "4" Button became a trouble, Then I do a test on other 3 phones, after flash new ROM, All of them the "4" button=Trouble!

We have to wait... wait some hack & unlock version ROM released by some TOP guys

Guest manirai

I'm am having the 'Sticky Keys' problem with my E200, I stripped it apart several time and cleaned the contacts, tried this and that, got it working for a short while, I'd be texting away and all of a sudden I can't delete or use the 4 key, tried the twisting method, turned the phone off and on........... no joy.

After finding out that it wasn't just me having the problem I decided it was time to go for broke and strip the keypad down to the tiny silver disc's, either I'll have a fully functional E200 or a very expensive paper weight.

So for the final time the phone came apart and I swapped the tiny silver disc around, the number 4 disc for the # disc and the return disc for the * disc, and so far its been working fine.

I'll keep you posted if this has been a permanent fix.

:D :D

Guest mschafe

I'm having the SAME problem.. its driving me crazy!!! I can't program in any of my internet settings, and there is nowhere to send my phone for repair (i'm in the states). I've opened my phone up checked everything, and it looks OK. It appears my phone is running the I-MATE rom if this makes any difference, if that's the problem, then i'd like to flash to something else I suppose.

Guest manirai
I'm having the SAME problem.. its driving me crazy!!!  I can't program in any of my internet settings, and there is nowhere to send my phone for repair (i'm in the states).  I've opened my phone up checked everything, and it looks OK.  It appears my phone is running the I-MATE rom if this makes any difference, if that's the problem, then i'd like to flash to something else I suppose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think its a software problem, try swapping the silver disc's around, also have a look at the keyboard pcb where the sd card goes, see if its bowing, if it is try bending it gently back into shape, be careful you don't snap it.

Guest mschafe

Ok.. I disassembled the phone again. Those silver discs are underneath a clear tape, and i'm afraid to pull that up, because it takes all the discs with it. Not sure i'll be able to get it on there right again. I also twisted a few things around, and put it all back together and no luck. :lol:

Guest manirai

Yeah I too was a bit mmmmm should I or shouldn't I with the silver disc's.

Your right when you peel the tape back the disc's will come away from the board.

I went for it cuz my new C500 arrived the same day so thought what the heck lets go for it now, and I ended up fixing the ruddy thing, I saw your mail about the facia I bought a faulty fone off another use here, now mine looks like new.