SPV power joy

Guest SmartCarl

Guest SmartCarl

Power packs (uk/us/eu mains/airline/sync and charge/ card charge)

Single sync and charge cables

And the pick is the emergency charger, 9V battery and cigar lighter

http://www.proporta.com/Dept.asp?id=110

What i said on the USB charge posting, but you don't want to miss this, i stumbled upon this forum and did a bit of sniffing around, so someone finding this is a real find, just wanted to make sure everyone sees it.

Guest claudine

Smartcarl you are brilliant - thank you so much for the link to proporta. I ordered the battery recharger and if it works it might make the difference between me sending this great phone back or keeping it. I am going off to the states in a few days and need it not to die on me when waiting around in airports. Actually, in the last few days the battery life does seem to have got much better - I remember someone else said the same in an earlier post - how come this happens?

And thank you everyone, by the way - this is such a good place to come for help - don't know where I'd be without you. Some of the people at 156 are really great but some of them know less than me (and that's not an awful lot)

Guest claudine

yes! It arrived two days after I ordered it (the emergency battery charger). It works fine and is nice and portable and not fiddly or fragile looking. Would recommend Proporta to anyone

Guest HelloDave
Does anyone know how long a 9v can supply the SPV with juice???

Well, this is only a very rough estimate - I thought the battery life you'd get from a PP3 would be dire but it's not that bad! Checking the back of the SPV battery says its capacity is 1000mah. The capactiy of your average 9v alkaline PP3 is somewhere around 550mah. Allowing for power losses in conversion (which shouldn't be too drastic) you can probably work on roughly half the life of the SPV's battery (depending on how efficient the charging process is - you might get more life by taking the SPV's battery out as charging generates waste heat). Don't use rechargeable PP3's though - their capacity is around 150-250mah depending on the battery!

Guest HelloDave
do you mean that I can only charge my phone til it's half full of power once per battery?

Speaking roughly...yes! Unless there's some very clever power conversion circuitry in the charger which I doubt. Look at the physical size of a 9v PP3 battery - you can't expect to get that much out of it! A few years ago I had an ancient Motorola brick which was supposed to be able to run off 4 AA batteries and that would barely start up with them, never mind make a phone call!

SPV battery ~ £70 (probably). 9v PP3 ~ £2. You can't expect too much!!!

Not having used one of these chargers I stand to be corrected - I'm only going by relative battery capacities, so when someone actually uses one for real let us know how it goes!

Guest comanchero
UNBELIEVABLE!! I ordered the power pack at 2pm yesterday and it arrived at 8.45 this morning! and thats with the christmas post as well...Sterling service

Guest claudine

yes it works fine. I haven't quite worked out how long one battery charges the phone for because mine was already half charged when I used it, but it does definately work!

Guest SmartCarl

Been away from the forum for a while, just checked on my post, had no idea that it would get so much interest, hope there are as many happy customers out there as myself and a couple of my friends were, good to see they did well with getting things out over Xmas too, guess it gets pretty busy.