Sound folder 8390

Guest chiwah

Guest chiwah

Dear all,

I know the 8390 can handle mp3 if you put them in you storage/app/sound directory, the funny thing know is i cant select 'DONE' after i have put the file in the folder (3MB mp3 file). It refused to select DONE.

The thing is i could play a MP3 file before. But since i installed things like the GDI wrapper and the unlock program and some other software like a new desktop theme, my phone acts "funny".

Problems i have now:

-it freezes and the appears to be online full reception, but if someone tries to call me, it says the mobile phone is switched off.

-sound problem for as putting a ringtone in your storage folder. It doesnt select.

Is there someone who can help me figure this out? A hard reset maybe?

Hi chiwah

welcome to modaco, hope u get the most out of it. There are loads of people here that can help. so dont be afriad to ask, hope u enjoy the forum.

Well about your questions,

- yes the mio8390 can handle mp3 ringtones, but i dont recomend using 3mb files, there are loads of software out there that can change the size and length of the the song, coz i doubt very much u need the phone to ring all 3mins 30 seconds. so i recomend chopping the mp3 to about 40seconds at the most this will reduce files size and stop the phone from freezing up all the time.

- about the phone going funny, well prob u have all your programs opened if this is the case u will have loads of ram used up, so i recomend using smart taskmanager. to free up some ram, hopefully that sould solve it.

- i do recomend using the signiture app rather than the wrapper, wrapper is slower than the signed method, so if u can use the signed method.

try those steps it should work, if not, hard reset and try them, its amazing how good a hard reset can be! :D

hope this helps

"Z"

• 3 months later...

storage/app/sound SO Thats where you put the mp3s THANKS! made my day hahah...

*edit.. i made that folder and placed a small mp3 in there.. nothing can anyone help.. i should have the latest rom (42h)

Tried

-made app folder> made sound folder in app folder> put mp3 in sound folder > went to settings, sounds> mp3 will not show up.

Does anyone else hear tones go off during a phone call.. where the person on the phone AND you can both hear them?.. or just me?

Guest pwest13

TRy converting thw file into WMA there are loadsa trial programs that will let you do this just google "MP3 to WMA conversion" The file may be bigger but a 3MB is huge for a ringtone after all you only hear the first few rings!