Nokia games with DeltaMIDP: Possible

Guest xAix

I noticed that quite a few people are looking for a way to emulate Nokia games using the DeltaMIDP emulator. Well, I know one way to get through this: Use the Nokia java classes themselves. Though this is somewhat limited, it works for me. I attached the com.zip that contains the classes needed. Unzip this in one place, and (using WinRAR) open the *.jar file you wish to emulate, add the com folder you just extracted, and PRESTO. Some games will work, some wont.

**An additional note on this.

Before someone calls this illegal, take note that emulating the classes are legal, because it's open-source and available to all developers. Thank you.

com.zip

Guest kunehoman

some of the nokia games really work? how about the control layout/scheme for the games? i made some of the java games work on the DeltaMIDP work but only to the main menu of the game but controls aren't working

anyone here knows how to configure the controls?

Guest kunehoman

i have successfully loaded java games but not nokia java games...

motorola java games worked ! but still no controls? how could i change the key configs?

it's really not that hard to add keypad controls, though; I'm not complaining that much, I'm just thankful that Delta runs at full speed, and now supports Nokia games. If someone released the source cde, then I'd be glad to add keypad cntrols myself.

Guest gravity

Delta Midp is a copyrighted application, and I highly doubt they will release the source considering they make big money licensing it to phone manufacturers.

oh, yeah... that's sad. Wait-- did you say that Delta is licensing the product to cell companies? Which ones?

Well, anyway, here's hoping that Delta releases a new build sooner or later...

Guest Schweitz

Thanks....

I did try to get Townsmen running and Ancient Empires with this class, didn't work.

Did anyone manage to get a siemens game running??

And anyone any luck getting Townsmen running??? I like Simcity, so i think i like this game.

Guest Schweitz

I tried the Siemens and nokia classes on Townsmen, both don't work....any tips of tricks to get this game working on DeltaMIDP on my SPV??