Headphones for MPx200

Guest greenwood

• 2 months later...
Guest Troxelke
Here's the simple pinout for MPx200 audio connector.

Is this the correct pinout also for the MPx220? Because I would like to make a carkit on my own... 8)

I have red something with a 1k resistance between ?? two lines...? Can anybody inform me a bit what to do? :?:

Thanks in advance!! Roy. :)

Guest awarner [MVP]

Have you tried to use normal headphone with a 2.5 to 3.5 adaptor?

I have not had the chance to play with an MPX220 but the headset on the

MPX200 is not standard, so Moto may not have gone with this option again.

Guest pfakkert

Found on another MPX site:

The no bass problem!

HKey Local Machine -> Audio -> Softwaremixer -> and press the left top button for "Values" and viola.......the EnableLowPassFilter pops up. On default it's on 2, so changing in on 0 makes a difference!

Maybe this helps? Use it at own risk!

Regards.. Peter F.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thenet

My friend used to cut the original mpx200 headset and use the original jack to make adapter and it's work fine. but it's have to use the expensive mpx200 headset 55+

Guest Iron_Trigger

you can actually use a standard 2.5 to 3.5 mm adaptor to get stereo sound from your 3.5mm speakers/earphones.... just make sure that the adaptor is not fully plugged to the phone... what I mean is that the adaptor has to be sticking out slightly... it works... try it...

Guest keybeeCZ

I used the standard 2.5 mm (3 pole) plug and it works fine. It only needs some kind of "customization".

You cannot plug the jack fully as were listed above. Some people say this results in 2-way mono sound. They are NOT right - as MPX has 4 pole connector you will only "disable" the mic pole this way. After doing this it is good to isolate the top of the plug or you will hear some noise when the jack touches the "pole-slot" for mic (i used normal isolation sticker - be careful to fit it well or it can stuck in your phone).

Another problem is the right position of the plug - try it in different positions and then use the spacers for exact fitting. I have got the spacers the same hight like the half of 4th pole on the plug (it "replaces" the plug by one "mic" pole).

At the end I recognized the plug is moving out from the phone sometimes as it is not fitted properly by the "inner spring". I drilled my plug coating in the point it touches the "headphones slot cover" and connected it together.

The last thing you have to do is the registry edit like described in this topic (for bass sound enabled - it works without any problems):

..."HKey Local Machine -> Audio -> Softwaremixer -> and press the left top button for "Values" and viola.......the EnableLowPassFilter pops up. On default it's on 2 (I had it 1 on WM2003), so changing in on 0 makes a difference!"...

Finally I used the betaplayer with 10 band equalizer...

It works perfectly for me - the sound is not the best like from any professional CD player but it is sufficient and comparable with standard MP3 players...

PS: It is better to buy the 2.5 - 3.5 adapter from e-bay with 4 pole jack but I am from Czech rep. and so it makes me to much problems to get anything from US e-shops... I used the Hama 2.5 - 3.5 mm standard headphones adapter.

Guest keybeeCZ

2:Moby2 - You are not right... the low-pass-filter removes the bass sound from the final output - it isn't possible to by-pass it via Betaplayer. Maybe you are using WM2003 like me - in this case is the filter set 1 by default (not 2 like WM2002) and so the sound is not "cleared" from bass completly. Try to change the value in registry and I'm sure you will hear some improvement in the bass reproduction, especially in the low-bass section.

Guest danmarell

does anyone have pocketmusic installed? i read in an ealier post that the headphone eq setting worked well with headphones. if someone does have it, could they put a pic up or just the settings of the frequencies. id like to put them in betaplayer.

ps ive applied the registry lowpassfilter option but cant test cos i cant find my 2.5mm adaptor and headphones! ill post when i do to tell people if it works or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Angultra
I used the standard 2.5 mm (3 pole) plug and it works fine. It only needs some kind of "customization".

You cannot plug the jack fully as were listed above. Some people say this results in 2-way mono sound. They are NOT right - as MPX has 4 pole connector you will only "disable" the mic pole this way. After doing this it is good to isolate the top of the plug or you will hear some noise when the jack touches the "pole-slot" for mic (i used normal isolation sticker - be careful to fit it well or it can stuck in your phone).

I bought a 2.5-3.5 adapter from Radio Shack, and sound only comes out of 1 ear when fully plugged in, and when pulled out slightly, I get "stereo" sound (probably dual mono).

2740373l.jpg

Obviously I wasn't aware that the MPX200 needed an extra pole in addition to the L and R channels.

And are you saying that I can PERMANENTLY disable the mic pole by having the headphone adapter slightly pulled out? And on another note, where can I get the official MPX200 stereo headphones so I don't have this problem?

Edited by Angultra

Guest Angultra

Anyways I want to use my own headphones, so I just bought a 2.5-3.5mm adapter off of eBay. A bit pricey at $19 (after shipping to Canada), but looks foolproof. I think this seller has more of them, so if you can't make your own adapter, this is a good alternative.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6359352842&rd=1

ab_1.JPG

Oh, and one question, how do I edit the registry of my Smartphone, to enable the extra bass? Is there a 3rd party program I need to install?

Edited by Angultra

Guest Angultra
My question is , is it possible to adjust the in-call volume separately to Windows media volume,when I get a call my eyeballs come out on stalks ?

Haha I'll keep that in mind when I get my adapter. One solution would be to put it into silent mode whenever listening to music. This SHOULD eliminate the ringtone altogether, but allow the music to play.

i googled a little bit and found this:

PHM REGEDIT

ok the software works but I don´t have this entry - I´m using 2002 and a German MPX 200 (Win Build: 13258) anyone got an idea?

you can find more info about the registry keys in the msdn:

Link

for the skilled engineer of us you can build your own:

build your own

Edited by bhohe

I have same problem, I've got the PHM Regedit and this entry doesn't appear in my phone either. I have a Spanish MPx200 with WM2002 (13258) too.

In my case, the sound quality of the device is pretty good, and better than several mp3 players I've tried. The definition of mid-treble frequencies is really good. It's true that it doesn't have a very powerful bass, but I think that it's caused mainly by the low quality of the headphones that I've used to try it (originally from a Benq camera). Until I have a 3.5-2.5mm adapter and try it with my headphones, I can't confirm it.

Sorry for my bad English :D

Guest Angultra

I just got the correct 4 pole 3.5mm headphone adapter, and hooked up my ipod earbuds. Did the registry fix (you need WM2003 to do this), then turned on X-Bass and cranked up the lowest frequency to the max in PocketMusic.

I can't say the bass is good at all, maybe a 4 (with my iPod at a 7 and my iRiver at a 9). Just at the lower end of acceptable with a lot to be desired. But I do get stereo sound, which is a relief. However, because of the lack of bass, the quality is more like listening to FM radio. Anyways, I'm happy that the Smartphone can now be used as an MP3 player, so it's money well spent in the end.

Edited by Angultra

I got the original headset from Motorola and I really not satisfied. I payed aroung 30 € for the headphones and its like there is no bass at all. I thinking of buying the Koss "Plug" and solder it to the original from Motorola like they explained it at MGN

I already got the 2'5mm adapter and tried it with my Sony headphones. Now I can confirm that the bass is quite poor, although these headphones give a very powerful bass with all other players I've tried. The only thing I need now is upgrading OS to WM2003 and doing the registry fix, so I hope it will improve this.

ok tell me about your experience with 2003 and perhaps I will rethink of changing but meanwhile i added the registry entry manually and there is a change in the sound quality but if it´s more bass I don´t know I think it´s just louder.

has anyone read the info from microsoft on this entry:

This improves audio quality at the expense of the CPU overhead.

Edited by bhohe

• 5 months later...