Smart browser 0.1BETA (YES BETA!!!!)

Guest ultimasnake

Guest ultimasnake

Hahahaha great to hear that people like it... I am looking for some more All-round beta testers (yes i think its getting beta soon)... if you want to help me beta test it even more please pm me i will give you my msn address and we can discuss stuff :P

Guest drblow

The new BETA version is working nice! :P Looks a bit slicker, & works faster than previous versions. Glad to see that the fast type is working again. Only problem seemed to be when I typed just 'yahoo' into the address bar, it caused an error which shut the app down! :shock: Is there a bunch of predetermined addresses contained in / recognised by the address bar? Should I just have typed the full address?

Apart from that the app is working really good! The biggest thing now for me would be to get the favourites working. I also wonder if more could be made of the softkeys while actually browsing? It seems a little awkward to have to keep clicking to the menu bar, and then navigating around that - just a thought ...

But overall this is outstanding work fella! :D Each version has had pretty major improvements, so the excitement is building for the final release! Keep it up m8! :wink:

Guest ultimasnake

At first drblow THANK U!!!!

The slickness will change soon, i am working on my own skin and build a skinning ability at the same time (already finished!)

*Quik adresses are predefined sites that are currently only editable by editing the fastaddress.ini file.

*Dunno why it caused an error while you typed yahoo, and then crashed (will look into that RIGHT NOW)

*Favorites are maybe next up...

*Softkey two + click might function as a right click function which will then let you do things like download the file that is linked etc!

*Loading will even be speeded up ALLOT more (i hope) once I am done with the gui (i can program it in a faster way then visual studio 2003 programs it by default, but every time i edit anything in the gui the code is reset by vs2003 :S)...

I am also looking (this anoys me big time) into the fact that backspace on a textbox (in a webpage) seems to be hidding the form and makes you go back to the homescreen

Guest kurtfhouse

Can you give more detailed instructions on how to install this :oops:

I have created a folder called Smart Browser in storage copied the contents of the FULL winRAR folder into it and then copied the smart browser.exe into my start menu to open the app, but everytime I try and open it it gives me errors???

Have I done the install right?

Where is the CAB everyone is on about?

Will the app work on my MPx200 with the wm2k3 update?

Really want to try this it looks fantastic :D

Thanks in advance Ultimasnake, and thanks for your work :P

Guest ultimasnake

the cab is history that cab used to included some dll files used by smart browser, these come with the zip file now and you don't need to install them :P...

You should not copy the exe to the start menu , but you should make a shortcut (through the phone) and copy that shortcut to your start menu :D.. if you move the exe it can't find it's files any more

Will the app work on an upgraded MPx200 with wm2k3? i think it should totaly work the only reason why it doesn't work on 2002 phones is the fact that 2002 doesn't support the .net framework (of which C# is a part)

Hi just wanted to post another idea, is it possible to open multiple instances of smart brower and then switching between them so you can for example open a link in a new page or is this a limitation of PIE? thanks for the great software.

Edit: Also there is no way to cancel a page loading if you want to open another page or mistyped an address or have I missed something?

Guest ultimasnake
Hi just wanted to post another idea, is it possible to open multiple instances of smart brower and then switching between them so you can for example open a link in a new page or is this a limitation of PIE?
Well this is something i can make, but up to now this results in HEAVY memory usage, Slow phone responce etc.

Also a point someone told me was the fact that if the page would auto reload, you won't see it while it keeps ticking the GPRS charges up.

So this is still a point I am looking at but might not be done in the future.

thanks for the great software. 

Your welcome, the new version (you might have to wait a while, but who knows maybe I can release a new version tommorow) will be much better,cleaner,faster and richer of functions :P

Edit: Also there is no way to cancel a page loading if you want to open another page or mistyped an address or have I missed something?

No you didn't miss that, the odd thing about the HTML viewer I am using is that there is no navigation stop function this is rather odd but If i am correct this is beeing fixed by the developer (or I still might find a way to do it myself). I hope the next version will contain a way to stop the page from loading, sorry about this.

Well this is something i can make, but up to now this results in HEAVY memory usage, Slow phone responce etc.

Also a point someone told me was the fact that if the page would auto reload, you won't see it while it keeps ticking the GPRS charges up.

So this is still a point I am looking at but might not be done in the future.

maybe you could limit to one extra page being opened? But if not no prolem, the app still rocks :P

No you didn't miss that, the odd thing about the HTML viewer I am using is that there is no navigation stop function this is rather odd but If i am correct this is beeing fixed by the developer (or I still might find a way to do it myself). I hope the next version will contain a way to stop the page from loading, sorry about this.