crap games

Guest barkythedog

Guest barkythedog

why are all the games for the spv e200 crap and not just crap i mean really crap im an x box live user and playstation 2 networked so i play generally good quality games, why are we putting up with crap like trick soccer (for starters is bloody called Football) and bored games that even my cats would get bored at, my phone is simply a media toy and everything is fine apart from crap games aimed at 5 year olds, im not having a go at anyone directly but if developers are going to make games please dont make crap ones 2 dots walking across a screen is not a game or that one thats basically simons says, Sorry just hacked off that when theres suddenly a new game its always crap,the old dog

Guest _Drake_

Try:

-Toki Tori

-Eclipse first wave

-Rebound

-Snails

-roozbeh's doom port

-roozbeh's duke3dport

and if your a retro gamer

-picodrive (genesis/megadrive emulator)

-smartnes (nes emulator)

one of these must be able to suit you, and al these games are farrr better than crappy ugly java games.

don't expect great 3d graphics (wel doom and duke are quit nice though)

or superb sound but these games wil propobly be decent enough for you.

Tricksoccer btw is an example of a not so good spv game (infact it's quit worse)

Guest barkythedog

i appriciate where your coming from m8 but both dukey and doomy are almost as old as my cats i suppose its me graphically all the games ive seen even the tennis and i love tennis are just really bad and that you not get a top quality game playable on a phone for a good few years, time for the dog to get real you cant play a good game on a phone

Guest mike-oh

Try the Yeti3D engine demo. Very impressive graphically. Very much a work in progress bear in mind. I'm looking forward to see what people do with it!

Guest sgannon

Tennis (Addict) is another bad example. It looks okay but I completed it without even losing a set. That's not good value for money, nor has it got any replay value whatsoever.

As _Drake_ says, install the emulators and you've got access to hundreds if not thousands of games for free (assuming you own them). You cant go wrong with classic board games like Scrabble and Monopoly. If I haven't got time for those I have a quick go on solitaire or Muff's SPVMan.

Guest _Drake_

atleast try Toki Tori

has for A PHONE (were not talking about a 3.6ghz p4 with a geforce6800 ect) good graphics, good sound and music and good gameplay.

You can't go wrong with that game unless your addicted to violence or hate chickens :P

Guest Disco Stu

Yeah, get real Dawg :wink:

The only games you need on your phone should last no longer than you can smoke a fag.

Want to play for longer, fire up the PS2.

Or get yourself outside with a stick and a ball. I don't know, this younger generation.... :evil:

Guest Vector
if you think you are good at games i challenge you to play Eclipse:First Wave :P

Too right!

I have been playing it since it first came out, and still can't defeat the level 2 boss :oops:

:D

Guest AvWijk

OMG some people still cannot understand that a smartphone is much less powerfull than a game console like xBox or PS2. :roll: Yet, the smartphone offers very addictive games :P

Guest barkythedog

yes i do understand its less powerful, anyway games are still crap and im off for a spliff or 6 maybe my cats could teach themselves to be developers

Guest midnight
yes i do understand its less powerful, anyway games are still crap and im off for a spliff or 6 maybe my cats could teach themselves to be developers

sorry, but game developers such as myself dont like our games being called crap. Eclipse took us 6 months, and Kumite is taking even longer, but we put a hell of a lot of hard work into making these games and someone like you expects ps2 quality on a 132mhz device with no 3d acceleration, what drugs are you on? its certainly something much stronger than marijuana

Guest barkythedog

look im just fed up with the way things are but thats life i think the quality of all your programes skins games and apps are fantastic, i seem to expect too much from the phone and thats down to my own limited knowledge of it and stupidity , please if people have taken offence i whole heartedly appologise, i obviously need to learn far more about the phone before i make a fool of myself or offfend , as to my spliffs two parts bonio one part chum mixer, once again apologies, barky

Guest michaelcp

You complain about 'crap' games on the 'smartphone', and I agree there are some! But, what about all the crap games available for the PS2 and XBox?

How many of those games are actually playable and enjoyable!

I think you will find the 'crap definitely outnumbers the 'good' by about 3 to 1 on 'any' system!

But if you want a really good,fun, and entertaining game for the 'smartphone, try this: 'Pocket MiniGolf' by Momentum Games.

This works on all 3 versions of the 'smartphone' is extremely amusing and addictive and should keep you happy for hours, especially if you buy the 'add on' pack too.

Just make sure you have easy access to a battery charger!

Also try the games previously mentioned and see how good you really are!

Have fun :P

Guest pwest13

Hey all i odnt wanna sound lyke a toddler here but the only game i ply on my Mio is Pokemon. b4 u all rofl at me, give it a try, its sure as hell addictive, last REAL long, and had good playback/ save game facility.

Give it a whirl, you'll need the Gameboy Emulator, and the rom, BTW u must own the game etc.....

Westy

Guest agent.m
why are all the games for the spv e200 crap and not just crap i mean really crap im an x box live user and playstation 2 networked so i play generally good quality games, why are we putting up with crap like trick soccer (for starters is bloody called Football) and bored games that even my cats would get bored at, my phone is simply a media toy and everything is fine apart from crap games aimed at 5 year olds, im not having a go at anyone directly but if developers are going to make games please dont make crap ones 2 dots walking across a screen is not a game or that one thats basically simons says, Sorry just hacked off that when theres suddenly a new game its always crap,the  old dog

It could be worse! You could have an NGage

Guest djfuego

:P Crap games

You can't possibly appreciate the blood sweat and tears that goes into developing, then releasing a piece of software.

I think consoles are a waste of time because you can't develop anything on them without a spare grand or so for the dev kits.

Plus the price for a console game is a rip off (supposed to compensate for the prince of the dev kit)

Guest mrchrisdavies

Bring us the original Grand Theft Auto for the Smartphone! :P

A lot of older/retro games would be good, especially from the Commodore and Amiga days.

Not many of the Smartphone games I've played are all that addictive :cry:

Guest agent.m

was gonna agree then I thought about my gamecube. I dont even play on it anymore. Only pc game I play on a regular is vice city. Sensible Soccer is the only Old school game that still hold its own today in my opinion :wink: