Flip open Sound

Guest logicalstep

Guest logicalstep

Hi all,

Ok so I'm a star trek fan and would love to have the communicator sound when I flip open my phone, only problem is where does it go ? and how do I make it activate ? Any ideas ?

Please help

MPX 200

Logicalstep

Guest sophantim

Will you can (But!!!!!) u find out later just try it.

ok!! first u go to PHM Registry Editor HKEY_CURRENT_USER/controlpanel / sounds/keypress/press values and press the BeepMode and change the Value data to the number 2 and press done and go to your sd card and pick the song or the tone and name it as HWandSW.wav and copy to the windows and paste in there and they will ask you if you want to overwrite press yes and dont worry if u reboot your phone it will come back to normal. one more thing go back to home screen and try it. sorry for english

I think this might be some help

PS you file have to .WAV only and name it HWandSW.wav

Guest awarner [MVP]

The problem with placing anything in the Windows folder is that on every reboot the folder gets rewritten, so anything you put there will be deleted

and the files would have to be replaced every time :P.

Guest jcjdoss

Here is question. Does WM2003 or 2002 for that matter have a start up folder. If so couldn't you creat a cab that installs automaticly every time you start up.

Seccondly, couldn't you use sprite backup, Seems a bit excestive though.

Thirdly you could assign a cab you want to install a speed dial number. But somebody would need to make a cab for this flip open sound.

Guest SpeedmaXX

Hi there,

has anybody some short sounds for this in the wav-Format?

It would be very kind of you if you could post the link or send them to my mail address [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

The other question I have is, how do i make a .cab File that installs a Sound to the Windows directory?

Greets SpeedmaXX

Guest SpeedmaXX

Hi again,

@sophantim: Thanks for the link to this very helpful Site :shock:

@jcjdoss: I've got downloaded several sounds from the link, I don't need anymore, thanks anyway :wink:

@Pigo: I've got the same problem as you. I've copied the File to the Windows directory after I renamed it. And i also changed the Value data in the Registry.

I anybody out there who can help? I mean does it work anywhere else as on sophantims´ Smartphone?

Thanks for your help

Greets SpeedmaXX

Guest awarner [MVP]

I could not get this to work and have tried before, unless the

sound I used was not compatable :?

EDIT DOH!! I remember now and to why this does not work :P

You also have to enable the keypad tones so you get the flip sound

every time you press the action back buttons etc as well :roll:

As I stated in my first post it's not really possible as you would soon get sick of the sound every time you press a key.

Guest SpeedmaXX

@ awarner,

thanks, now it works. But ehmmm what should I say. Every time a key is pressed i hear this sound and thats not so nice. Therefore I would prefer to disable Keysounds and Flip open sound, too. Its better for my nerves ;-)

Guest jcjdoss
I could not get this to work and have tried before, unless the  

sound I used was not compatable :?

EDIT DOH!! I remember now and to why this does not work :P

You also have to enable the keypad tones so you get the flip sound

every time you press the action back buttons etc as well :roll:

As I stated in my first post it's not really possible as you would soon get sick of the sound every time you press a key.

Awarner wouldn't it be possible, like fembot to install a sound you want to hear on the phone or even record blank sounds. Make a sound file that is quiet?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Like your way of thinking :P

I've actually been working with midnight on this.

We looked at this before then dropped it but have been looking again.

The answer is still no as the flip and SD eject etc appear to be hard coded. So you can either have sound all the time or none of the time :D

Guest jcjdoss
Like your way of thinking :P

I've actually been working with midnight on this.

We looked at this before then dropped it but have been looking again.

The answer is still no as the flip and SD eject etc appear to be hard coded. So you can either have sound all the time or none of the time :D

After installing I see what you mean. Hmm, I'll get my wheels turning too and let you know if I can think of anything.

And this is off the subject, could we do a thumbs up emoticon?