1582 replies to this topic

jonsmodaco

jonsmodaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
Hi Larry,

You said to post any problems getting a game to run. I'm trying to run Another World on the Mega Drive on the beta version of Smart Gear - the titles come up but the game goes black. Any chance of fixing this?

Thanks.

dablo

dablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
hi again bitbank,

i'm still having a problem running this emulator. it has lagging when i play a game specially gameboy, sometimes in NES and i'm not playing much in Sega Genesis so i don't know. i didn't find this kinda problem with previous release. Have you change the engine?

my device is Samsung Valencia C6625, 393Mhz. winmo 6.1.
Maybe you should post what minimum requirement playing this emulator.

i have already upgrade the firmware into latest one but it doesn't solve anything.
Now, i have already upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5.3 cooked rom (Remora). i hope there is improvement there.....

Hope for the Best....

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

hi again bitbank,

i'm still having a problem running this emulator. it has lagging when i play a game specially gameboy, sometimes in NES and i'm not playing much in Sega Genesis so i don't know. i didn't find this kinda problem with previous release. Have you change the engine?

my device is Samsung Valencia C6625, 393Mhz. winmo 6.1.
Maybe you should post what minimum requirement playing this emulator.

i have already upgrade the firmware into latest one but it doesn't solve anything.
Now, i have already upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5.3 cooked rom (Remora). i hope there is improvement there.....

Hope for the Best....

Hi Dablo,
The biggest impediment to SmartGear performance is the video display. Some devices have very slow video memory and this is especially bad when running at a non-0 angle for the display (e.g. with the keyboard open). The emulators within SmartGear are highly optimized and most will run full speed on ARM chips slower than 100Mhz. Try using the latest beta build with the "best perf" option for video.
L.B.

the fastest instructions are none at all :)

dablo

dablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Hi Dablo,
The biggest impediment to SmartGear performance is the video display. Some devices have very slow video memory and this is especially bad when running at a non-0 angle for the display (e.g. with the keyboard open). The emulators within SmartGear are highly optimized and most will run full speed on ARM chips slower than 100Mhz. Try using the latest beta build with the "best perf" option for video.
L.B.

thanks for the reply.......
OK. i get it. its true that video display in my device, specially using wm 6.1 are most common issue. But some forum said that there is some upgrade in cooked WM (6.5.3). i have already try it in high quality video and no problem. i'll try it and i'll tell it as soon as possible because i don't want to lose this emulator. The Best, man.....

hope for the best....

dablo

dablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
wow.... in ROM 6.5.3 (Remora), games run smoothly...... thanks for the advice.... :D :D ;) :D

Hope for the best.....

TripFX

TripFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with wires.
  • Devices:TMobile Dash
whens the new version coming out. Also never got a new key for the last beta to keep testing games on : (

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

whens the new version coming out. Also never got a new key for the last beta to keep testing games on : (

You're right - I thought I would have more time. I've been working non-stop for a client since last week and I finish on Friday. At the end of the day I have no energy to do anything else :huh:. I haven't forgotten and will get some progress when I'm done with this contract.

Please send me a note ([email protected]) and I'll get you a new reg code.
L.B.

the fastest instructions are none at all :)

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the update. We look forward to testing new betas so that the final build of Version 2.0 can be released. Hopefully, the slowdown with the Genesis ROM Might and Magic 2 that I reported in the previous builds can be looked at and resolved.

Thanks!

TripFX

TripFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for the update and not going to worry about the reg code til next release. Also I hope the pm i sent you about the reg system helps you out.

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the update. We look forward to testing new betas so that the final build of Version 2.0 can be released. Hopefully, the slowdown with the Genesis ROM Might and Magic 2 that I reported in the previous builds can be looked at and resolved.

Thanks!

Hmmm wonder why you have the slow down and i don't on might and magic 2. using v2.0.17. Here is my phone and specs if you wish to compare it to yours.

Phone: HTC Excalibur / S60
OS: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 standard (i also use Wing Linux (with is droid)
CPU: OMAP
Speed: Overclocked 216mhz (default is 200hmz)
Ram 64MB

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Hmmm wonder why you have the slow down and i don't on might and magic 2. using v2.0.17. Here is my phone and specs if you wish to compare it to yours.

Phone: HTC Excalibur / S60
OS: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 standard (i also use Wing Linux (with is droid)
CPU: OMAP
Speed: Overclocked 216mhz (default is 200hmz)
Ram 64MB

I know that Larry released some betas earlier this year (I guess in January or February? I don't recall exactly) that eliminated the Genesis slowdown, at least with that particular ROM. Then with subsequent builds, the slowdown somehow got reintroduced. Larry mentioned that it had something to do with the accuracy of the sound emulation (the more accurate the sound emulation, the higher the CPU load). I believe Larry mentioned that he would be removing the extra code to allow for less accurate but faster emulation. There is also some issue with the Qualcomm chipset my device uses, on which Larry was able to confirm and replicate the slowdown.

I'm using:
Phone: unlocked GSM Palm Treo Pro
CPU: Qualcomm MSM 7201
Speed: 400Mhz (native clock speed, not overclocked)
RAM: 100MB

Are you able to play the Genesis ROM called "Might and Magic 2: Gates to Another World" without graphical or sound slowdown on full-screen video?

Edited by hockeyfan, 24 August 2010 - 04:13 PM.

jlccarv

jlccarv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:HD2, Omnia II and Topaz
i have a HD2, how do i use the touch screen to control a Genesis game? its seems, you can configure the touch screen to have D-Pad controls or ABC, but not both?? or am i missing something, lol... cheers =)

jlccarv

jlccarv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:HD2, Omnia II and Topaz
whoops, had an old version..

and yeh, the on-screen directional controls are off, when not at 0 deg.. other than that, seem ok

dablo

dablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
dear bitbank,

still, sometimes i have same problem (lagging) even using cooked rom.........
BUT i finally found the problem!!!!! the problem appear when i check "auto frame skip". If i uncheck this option, the games run smoothly and i didn't find any problem. So, i don't have any problem with video render......

if anyone find this kinda problem, just uncheck the "auto frame skip" option. :huh:

dear TripFX,

i'm sorry. i have late to give you "the compatible games list". i'm very busy lately (we have serious disease problem in my country). also, i have lagging problem like my previous posts. in the other hand, i have more than 300 NES and GBC games to test. i'll send you my list as soon as possible.

hope for the best.

TripFX

TripFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
no problem i've been pretty busy my self. Just send me the list whenever you get a chance no rush. the more we can gather up the better for everyone that uses smartgear.

hockeyfan

hockeyfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

dear bitbank,

still, sometimes i have same problem (lagging) even using cooked rom.........
BUT i finally found the problem!!!!! the problem appear when i check "auto frame skip". If i uncheck this option, the games run smoothly and i didn't find any problem. So, i don't have any problem with video render......

if anyone find this kinda problem, just uncheck the "auto frame skip" option. :P

This was one of the first things I tried when trying to run the Genesis ROM Might and Magic 2 (along with reducing the sound output and video settings), but it did not make a difference. I even tried disabling throttling, and when the game gets to the main screen, the FPS drop to about 15-20. :)

I'm hoping Larry will be able to revert to the code that he had in an earlier beta from January-February of this year which completely fixed the slow lagging problem (at least with this particular ROM).

dablo

dablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

This was one of the first things I tried when trying to run the Genesis ROM Might and Magic 2 (along with reducing the sound output and video settings), but it did not make a difference. I even tried disabling throttling, and when the game gets to the main screen, the FPS drop to about 15-20. :lol:
I'm hoping Larry will be able to revert to the code that he had in an earlier beta from January-February of this year which completely fixed the slow lagging problem (at least with this particular ROM).

i also try this trick on might and magic 2 too. same with you, cannot find any different. a lot of games also has this problem too.
Note:
If i'm not mistake, when i set the game with the "uncheck autoframe skip" or other setting (GENESIS setting), the emulator won't let that happen and revert to original setting. maybe this is the problem. i found it on 2018. you can check it either.....
tell me if i'm wrong....
edit: oops..... my fault. sorry. i try it again. nothing problem with the setting. arrggghh........ the only thing that error is my brain.

Edited by dablo, 17 September 2010 - 05:26 AM.

hoanzlmann

hoanzlmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:hd2
Hi Larry,
do you plan to add support for the widcomm bt stack as well? I have the hd2, and a zeemote control from another phone - would be cool to use it but as far as I know it's working only with the microsoft bt stack.
Or is there a way to change the bt drivers on the phone? HTC's drivers are s*** anyway..
thanks for your great work!

dablo

dablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
this is what i'm talking about (Playing might and magic 2 using 2.0.1.8) :

1. i check sound support without stereo and 16-bit audio quality. i assume that maybe it can run smoothly with less quality.
2. i start playing the games.
3. as you know, the fps games not more than 30 fps.
4. i open setting again.
5. surprisingly, i found that sound support, stereo, 16-bit audio, all of them are check.

Attached File  sshot004.png   8.39KB   4 downloads
Attached File  sshot005.png   8.79KB   4 downloads

when i run games without sound support, it run with appx. 60 fps. NICE!!!!

my handheld:
samsung c6625. ROM 6.5 cooked (Revalution). Procc. 393 mhz (233 mhz).

Hope for the best...

TripFX

TripFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
hope we get a new update soon or at least get a progress report oh whats going on very soon.

hoanzlmann

hoanzlmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:hd2

hope we get a new update soon or at least get a progress report oh whats going on very soon.

Yea, I'm waiting too.. Seems that Larry is very busy at the moment.. that's OK I guess

Meanwhile I solved the problem for me - I use GamePro driver for HD2, works very well, but sucks battery fast in combination with smartgear. I would be lucky if there is native support for widcomm bluetooth..

Edited by hoanzlmann, 08 October 2010 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users