Confirmed - C500s shipping to stores now!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest winterdude

cheers for the sugestion about being waiting for a while but

it looks like their is no way (at the moment) to send files over bluetooth from the phone to pc/phone

im sure it will come soon ( or if im wong please let me know )

Guest Simon Desser

Binarys Smart Explorer will let you send files via bluetooth.

If the C500 is the same as the E200 then you can only send contacts by bluetooth out of the box.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest machiavell1

Also, I managed to decertify the C500 using the E200 utility, so now I can load on other apps and skins, but I still can't load on the PocketMac software (although pocketmac claims that the SPVs are supported). The C500 tells me that the file was not "intended for this device"

Anyone shed some light or help out on this? I have to have Mac Sync!

thanks

Called up Orange Upgrades last night to enquire about the C500 availability. As I'm on the old skool ED50 geezer told me it'll cost me £80 to upgrade, but after using the "....I might as well disconnect and go elsewhere..." line, I was offered it for free! :P

Looking forward to this. Should have it either tomorrow or friday. :) ......at least I won't have to charge my phone every night anymore!

Me and a friend have just bought 2 from the Eldon Square shop in Newcastle. 2 others were sold when we were in there, they've probably all gone by now.

Dave

Yeah bwoy! Just got my new C500. Well impressed. Looks so much better in the flesh....err....plastic....whatever you want to call it :)

Reckon gonna take me a while to get used to the navi key and button layout! Old SPV will be going back into it's box when I get home!

Guest Snoopstah

Just found this forum after doing a Google search!

Popped into my local CPW on the way back from Sainsburys, to find out when my Vodafone contract expired, and also to find out when the P910 and SPV C500 would be available.

Was told that my contract was over 12 months old, and that they had one brand spanking new C500 in stock there and then! And they'd give it to me for free!! One quick call to Vodafone resulted in my PAC number and I walked out of the shop with a shiny new C500! Cool!

Sadly, it doesn't actually activate until the end of the month when the number transfer takes place, so I can only play with the offline functionality - oh well. Still looks cool.

Couple of questions - firstly, I can't get the keyboard backlight to come on, with or without the light sensor being enabled. The only time it comes on is when I switch the phone off, when it switches on for a couple of seconds during power down. Known problem, or am I doing something dumb?

Secondly, the 5-way joystick type thing feels as though it has two pressure levels when you push it up (goes half-way up easily, then the rest of the way up if you push a little harder), but not when you push it down. Again, normal behaviour?

Right, off to play with it some more! :)

Guest Vector
Couple of questions - firstly, I can't get the keyboard backlight to come on, with or without the light sensor being enabled.  The only time it comes on is when I switch the phone off, when it switches on for a couple of seconds during power down.  Known problem, or am I doing something dumb?

The backlight only comes on when the light sensor detects low light levels (if you have the sensor on)

eg. Turn the ligh sensor on, and put some dark clothing over it, press a key, and the backlights will come on :)

Guest Snoopstah

OK, that works. I had assumed that if I disabled the light sensor, the keypad lights would always be on, whereas in actual fact with the light sensor off, the keypad lights never seem to come on.

So pretty and bloo!! :)

Guest Snoopstah

You could try phoning them and ordering like that? I can't imagine they don't have them, as mine wasn't even from an Orange shop, but was from CPW - so distribution seems to be pretty wide.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.