C500 Bug List

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jasonkentwest

hehe, so you wont get a c500 just cos it makes a sound when you insert a contact by pressing the action key when creating an sms????? (even though you can stop it by turning system sounds off or inserting a contact with menu>1)

Nah..........C500 is ordered and on its way..........well, hopefully! :P

Guest Pagemakers

Disregard this one. It's working again now!

Infact it's not woking. It locks up sometime and not others. Tested now on 2 phones. Must be a different system to the e200 because the homescreen worked fine on that.

Guest dearsina

Speakerphone icon placement off

The little icon that comes on when you put the phone on speakermode has for some reason been shifted a pixel or two to the left, or the GPRS-coverage 'G' has been moved a couple of pixels to the right. 3 years of design school and I cringe seeing things like this. This should surely be their top priority when making the update.

Also, for you guys that are reading this thread to consider buying the phone, a little note of interest that I haven't seen posted anywhere else: The speakerphone and the "place you put next to you ear to listen" are actually two different places now. The speakerphone are two little holes on the right side of the phone, convenient, because you can easily cover them up, as a sort of manual volume control. Well I thought it was pretty cool anyway. :-)

sina

london

/with his brand new toy

Guest mfvx5jb1

You can no longer open cab files from within ' messaging' as they may damage the phone! i may damage the phone if i can't install the stuff i've sent myself!

Posted from my otherwise lovely c500

Guest akarno

OK, this seems to be a real bug. I have tested a number of games. You cannot press 2 keys at once. A number have people have reported this. I can confirm that it effects everything I have tried so far. The latest thing I tried was SPVInvaders by muff.

Basically forget moving & firing or moving & jumping.

This seems to make the C500 even worse for games than I thought.

I will not be able to make the chat with Mr. Orange, maybe someone could mention this one.

Midnight, you seem to have had this phone for a while, have you come across this?

It's a huge hassle to set an alarm - tucked away in:

start --> '4 settings' --> '9 more' --> '3 Date & Time'

then, once the alarm's set, there's no icon (or any other indication) on the home screen.

i can see this being very annoying - either missed alarms in the morning, or the bloody thing going off & waking you up when you wanted to sleep in!

Guest rikwebb

Here's a new one....

Activesync crashes on c500 when syncing contacts from phone with about 170 contacts to pc with none !

Plug in the usb, activesync starts on both, but crashes on phone when trying first contact.

Copies tasks and calendar ok.

Rik

Guest zen123

When I disable the light sensor the keypad backlight doesn't come on at all. I thought that disabling this would enable the keypad to light up whenever a key is pressed regardless of it being dark or bright room.

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug, a fault or just a naff function.

Guest dearsina

It seems like you can only select non-wave format files when selecting the ringtone, not reminders, sms, alarm etc. Am I missing the obvious or have they once again missed the boat when it comes to simple functionality?

sina

london

/still thinks c500 is good stuff

Guest awarner [MVP]
It's a huge hassle to set an alarm - tucked away in:

start --> '4 settings' --> '9 more' --> '3 Date & Time'

then, once the alarm's set, there's no icon (or any other indication) on the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen.

i can see this being very annoying - either missed alarms in the morning, or the bloody thing going off & waking you up when you wanted to sleep in!

This has been the same since the first SPV was released.

Guest midnight
OK, this seems to be a real bug. I have tested a number of games. You cannot press 2 keys at once. A number have people have reported this. I can confirm that it effects everything I have tried so far. The latest thing I tried was SPVInvaders by muff.  

Basically forget moving & firing or moving & jumping.

This seems to make the C500 even worse for games than I thought.

I will not be able to make the chat with Mr. Orange, maybe someone could mention this one.

Midnight, you seem to have had this phone for a while, have you come across this?

i dont have a c500, but i have heard of this HUGE bug, i was hoping itr wouldnt happen in all games and a solution would be found, but seems not. This need to be confimed as to whether its a software bug (2K3SE), or a hardware bug.

Guest SirGaz

This has been the same since the first SPV was released.

No it hasn't awarner. On the original SPV the date and time settings were on the first page of settings so were (slightly) easier to get at. No idea about E100 or E200 as I didn't have one of those.

Still say it should have a proper alarm as in being able to set a different time for each day of the week, like on one of the plugins (can't remember the name at the moment)

Guest chucky.egg
When I disable the light sensor the keypad backlight doesn't come on at all...

I played with the power options and it seems to make the screen just switch off at random intervals.

I disabled the sensor, set Backlight timeout to 30secs and "Screen off" to 60secs. Then, while still working through the menus (about 2 seconds after making this change) the screen goes blank. Proper blank - not just no backlight. Pressing a key brings it back.

Repeated the process and it did it again, but after a slightly longer interval.

Guest midnight
No it hasn't awarner. On the original SPV the date and time settings were on the first page of settings so were (slightly) easier to get at.  No idea about E100 or E200 as I didn't have one of those.

Still say it should have a proper alarm as in being able to set a different time for each day of the week, like on one of the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins (can't remember the name at the moment)

Try usingh my settings hack in the Customisation section of this site to move Settings Menu items around, as I said their, i think Time/Date should be the first item in settings anyway, and the Alarm On/Off should be the first item in the Time/Date options, simple useability study would tell them the order they should put things in, all they have to do is talk to us.

Actually, should I do the study and then present it to MS?

Guest midnight
Midnight, i have been trying to find that out my self i am surpised that there has not been much fuss about this

well put it this way, if i had a C500 i would have spotted it, and i would have made a fuss, cos it effectively kills off our next couple of games (at least), so effects our revenue in a huge way :)

[edit]just found out that multipress works on the keypad, so its the joystick that doesnt allow multipress, that means it can be designed around, Kumite may stand a chance yet hehe

Guest Dr Who

I agree with pagemakers that the backlight to 'never' thing (then still going completely blank after you lock the phone) is annoying. Set mine to 1 hour, which is OK but would prefer 'never' to work.

One bug I have seen is that the camera cannot zoom. It is listed as a function but you can't select 2x or 4x. However you can select 2x on the video recorder. Doesn't seem to be a resolution setting. Check that, sorry it is a resolution setting. You can only zoom when set to less than 640x480. Sorry, guess that is me being a bit ignorant?

Guest dreamweavel

Re pressing more than 1 key at a time, if you're pressing the new action key *none* of the keypad buttons can be used at the same time. its made half of my games entirely unplayable :)

Another bug - multiday appointments show as 2 identical appointments on the homescreen plugin.

Another bug tho might be doing something wrong. Tried several times to bluetooth a 1mb wmv from my e200. It completed, the c500 said Ok to Save but the file never appeared in either storage or card "my docs" after saving. Used Find in new file manager but def not there. i tried using the full speed option but not the slow one. small files worked ok tho but only tried the slow connection.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest dearsina

Of course the very VERY annoying problem of disappearing SMS messages is still prevalent:

SMS comes in.

Phone crashes (becomes unresponsive) because of it.

Battery off.

After phone is turned on, the SMS has disappeared.

I don't know how many SMSs I've lost because of this.

sina

london

/just lost another text