Demo C500 going back to Orange

Guest zuffzuff

Guest zuffzuff

I got my C500 Saturday morning from the local Orange shop. They had one in and they did me an upgrade. Monday afternoon, the down key on the joystick stopped working.

I rang Orange this afternoon and they wanted to know how come I had a C500, as they are not supposed to be released yet. When I told them how I got it, they told me to take it straight back to the Orange shop and reject it.

When I went into the Orange shop and started explaining what the problem was, the manager came straight over. They sold me the phone Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon they got an email from Orange wanting to know why they had sold the phone. It's a demo handset and was not supposed to be sold. The guy didn't know if this was because it's pre-production or just not the retail product.

Anyway, I've still got the handset but they are going to replace it as soon as they get a delivery. The manager was very apologetic about it.

I'd suggest anyone who already has a C500 might want to have a word with their Orange shop.

Guest zeta101

i really hope these demo phones are pre-production or something, i was reading on here about an orange shop somewhere that had a dodgy joystick.

Guest blackhorse

Our demo handset we recieved last week are the real mccoy. They are not shoddy beta's.

Your right in the fact it wasnt to be sold to you, its more for the fact the phone trainers to get a grip on it before its release today.

The demo handsets we have received, as Blackhorse has mentioned are definitly not pre-production modals. They are exactly the same as what will be available to customers when stock becomes available.

Guest zuffzuff

Well, if the handsets that are current available are real units, at least one had a joystick that lasted 2 days - mine. :)

Don't think I'm particularly heavy handed.....

Guest zeta101

what happens if you get the c500 and have a new 12 month contract and then the joypad breaks say after a few days...can i return the phone and get a replacement asap? or does it have to be sent off for repair for 2 months or something? (i dont plan on having orange care) if it was in the first week or so id imagine they have to replace it right away without cost to myself cos the phone would clearly have been defective...?

Guest Xenzo1990

if it happens in first 14 days you could sya your very dissatified, and cancel. But orange are bending over backwards to keep customers latly, because Three are stealing alot of them.

Guest Xenzo1990

Np, but also, if there is a fault with the phone within the first 30 days, you can get it replaced for free. I know because my first SPV's camera broke, and I had to hunt high and low for a new one with orange.

Guest blackhorse
Np, but also, if there is a fault with the phone within the first 30 days, you can get it replaced for free. I know because my first SPV's camera broke, and I had to hunt  high and low for a new one with orange.

28 days is the time scale on faulty handsets. (To instore replace)

After this is down to either warranty or Care

Guest machiavell1

28 days is the time scale on faulty handsets. (To instore replace)

After this is down to either warranty or Care

Not necessarily- 6 months within Sale of Goods Act. It is for the retailer to demonstrate that the flaw is not inherent in the product at the time of sale. Those statutory consumer rights can't be curtailed by the retailer.

Hi, Blackhorse, Hal from W@Mob here... :)

Guest rikwebb
if it happens in first 14 days you could sya your very dissatified, and cancel. But orange are bending over backwards to keep customers latly, because Three are stealing alot of them.

Well they dont want me!. I have complained about my e200 since the day I got it. Bluetooth not working with my expensive car kit, etc, only to be told that the next rom update will fix it!. Well I have applied two now, and the bl**dy thing still doesnt work with the car kit, and has now started to power itself off when I get calls.

So today, I called them and asked if they would upgrade my phone to the c500, explaining the problems and the fact that the updates had not solved my problems.

Ok they said, that will be £75 as you have 2 months left on your contract!. I explained that the phone had been problematic from day 1, and that I was promised that the Rom upgrade would solve all my problems, so the 7 days return had passed. I have placed numerous calls with tech support, and had three phones - all having problems. Could they waive the fee in light of the 10 months of having to put up with problems.

NO was the answer....

But I also have a 3g card from you that doesnt seem to work, I pay you almost £100 per month in total, please replace my phone with one that works!...... I am very disapointed with the service and products I have from you at the moment.

With that they put me though to "Customer Relations", where I was asked for £79 and told they where cancelling my account !!!!!!!!

You are customer relations?

Yes, we do disconnections, pay us the £79 and we will end your contract.

Anyways - this is getting long

After spending all afternoon on the phone, being passed from one department to another, I have got nowhere, apart from being told that I do not spend enough to warrent then waiving the fee (rather rudely). They would rather lose my custom.

WANT TO KEEP CUSTOMERS - HUH !

Anyone know of the email address of someone in O that can make a discision without the conputer in front of them telling them what to do?.

Rik :) :P

I e-mailed the Executive Office about a problem I was having and was phoned back by a very rude rep. After discussing the problem which he dismissed out of hand, he asked me why I had e-mailed the Executive Office. I explained that they were the only ones who ever seemed to be able to sort out problems. He told me never to e-mail them again as all they would do is forward the query back to customer services. Apparently, the only way to talk to them now is to be referred by customer services. Whenever I've contacted them before, they've bent over backwards to accommodate me, but things seem to have changed.