NEW ROM from Smart: version 1.8.13.2 -- post queries here

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

then I guess we should show SMART a little more respect.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Respect? What about them, do they show as respect? tulad nalang po ng junk sms, they should not be sending us this sms, wala naman po tayo ina-apply na junk sms ah, why do they keep sending it to us, even if you call smart CS to stop sending sms, wala po nangyayari, is this what you call respect to the customers. at least po yung phone na ni-unlock natin property napo natin yun dahil sa contract na pinasukan natin so we have the right to do whatever we like to do with it, eh sila binabayaran ba natin sila para padalahan tayo ng junk sms. they should be paying us to recieve this commercials kung saan kumukita sila. buti kung libre service nila ok lang padala sila ng commercials.

sorry for the comments, nothing personal. :)

Guest ppcsurfr
Respect? What about them, do they show as respect? tulad nalang po ng junk sms, they should not be sending us this sms, wala naman po tayo ina-apply na junk sms ah, why do they keep sending it to us, even if you call smart CS to stop sending sms, wala po nangyayari, is this what you call respect to the customers. at least po yung phone na ni-unlock natin property napo natin yun dahil sa contract na pinasukan natin so we have the right to do whatever we like to do with it, eh sila binabayaran ba natin sila para padalahan tayo ng junk sms.  they should be paying us to recieve this commercials kung saan kumukita sila. buti kung libre service nila ok lang padala sila ng commercials.

sorry for the comments, nothing personal.  :)

As service providers they are allowed to do this.

We can request them to turn these off... if they don't get turned off, then probably it's something to complain about. But to get into their program to avail of a handset for free so that it can be tampered with so that it can be used for another Telco... is definitleysomething that falls under "Naisahan ko nanaman ang SMART" category. Getting a PhP 33,330 phone without paying for it... [-X

Like movies in movie houses... we pay them so we can watch movies, but at every beginning of the file are a bunh of adverts and trailers. Do we complain? Not really... if we don't like them, we just ignore them and enter a bit later...

Same thing with SMS. Ignore them and delete them. Until a law is passed that says it is illegal to advertise over SMS, then I think they have the right to do so.

If you don't like their service, then why not drop them?

If you really like the Voyager, and opt for another service, then why didn't you just buy your phone from iMate or O2 and have a legitimately unlocked phone?

But of course... the whole unlocking thing is still a grey area...

If they did offer their phones unlocked... then I think things will even be better...

Carlo

Guest mar9118

@ALL,

I think we are getting OFF TOPIC na dito, this tread is supposed to discussed about the SAP version 1.8.13.2 ROM :wink:

Just a final word, this is a forum to discuss about the Smartphones whatever model it is and not to defend a service provider, other threads are even offering unlocking for the e200 or SAP2 as such for a fee, so maybe we should get back to the real purpose of MoDaCo and not argue on the vested interest of phone companies :roll:

Guest rcperez

Sentiments exactly, you don't get anything for free, period! you'll still have to pay for it one way or the other. Once you get a free phone keep this in mind, it's yours! you paid for it! do whatever you like with it (it's as if your paying the exact amount everymonth becuase of hidden charges and stuffs - so in a sense they are still earning the same, you do whatever to your phone and keep on paying the bill).

There's only two things thats keeping you from doing these things, one, for the most of us, its voiding of warranty, and second for some, fear of sponsorship or commercial pullout.

Guest roncom

Why do i unlock my phone??

I travel a lot. When I go to Bangkok or Singapore, I want to be able to slip in my SIM for that country. I won't be able to do that with a SMART locked phone. And I won't dream of subscribing for a roaming service.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Guest dinoalbert

If we talk about respect for Smart then maybe we can consider that.

BUT some people say na baka malulugi ang Smart if we use their SAP with another network's sim....that, I do not agree. What is the difference if we use a SAP with a Smart sim or we use it with a Globe sim? Considering you are under a plan and a 2-year lockup with Smart?

Respect? ok.

But...Smart lugi? NO

Just my 2 cents. I know no one here ever mentioned about smart getting lugi with sim-unlock SAP :)

OK back to the topic :P

Guest mar9118

@dinoalbert,

Last hirit na ito, after completing your 2 to 3 years contract with Smart or other service providers who SIM locked their phones, your phone may either be obsolete or already beyong repair, so mga service providers, stop SIM locking your phones it's really useless and just making your company spend more :idea:

Guest lukeap69

Sim unlocking doesn't mean you are not going to use the smart sim. As you said, may plan. However, kanya-kanyang gimik ang mga operators so, may maganda sa globe, ganun din sa smart. Before globe has a free wap browsing sa selected sites. Now, wala na. Starting 19.August.2004, P0.15/kb na ang browsing sa kanila.

So, to Smart, don't worry, ang globe na mismo ang pumaparehas ng service nyo.

What do you think guys?

lukeap

As service providers they are allowed to do this. 

We can request them to turn these off... if they don't get turned off, then probably it's something to complain about.  But to get into their program to avail of a handset for free so that it can be tampered with so that it can be used for another Telco... is definitleysomething that falls under "Naisahan ko nanaman ang SMART" category. Getting a PhP 33,330 phone without paying for it... [-X 

Like movies in movie houses... we pay them so we can watch movies, but at every beginning of the file are a bunh of adverts and trailers. Do we complain? Not really... if we don't like them, we just ignore them and enter a bit later...

Same thing with SMS. Ignore them and delete them. Until a law is passed that says it is illegal to advertise over SMS, then I think they have the right to do so.

If you don't like their service, then why not drop them?

If you really like the Voyager, and opt for another service, then why didn't you just buy your phone from iMate or O2 and have a legitimately unlocked phone?

But of course... the whole unlocking thing is still a grey area...

If they did offer their phones unlocked... then I think things will even be better...

Carlo

Out of topic, last napo ito.

Have you tried to call them to turn off the junk sms? i have already called them 3 times, but nothing happened. tuloy pa rin ang ligaya nila sa pag send ng junk sms. ewan ko lang kung may thread dito with regarding this topic. pero i think a lot of their subcribers ay nagreklamo na pero wala din nangyari.

Pano po natin sila maiisahan? we are still tied with them for three years, hindi naman po pag na-unlock mo na ang phone mo wala ka ng SPAMyaran sa kanila, tuloy parin ang dating ng bill even if you don't use their service. [-X

Sa movie hauses po may oras ang paglabas ng commercials, lagi po bago magsimula ang palabas, so you have the option na pumasok sa movie house pag simula na ang film, pero po sa kanila, strike anytime ang junks nila, wala po tayo kalaban-laban sana po may oras nalang na sabay sabay ang junks nila para you have the option na patayin ang phone mo kung oras na ng commercial. :-)

and saka po as owners of SAP we are also allowed to do whatever we want to do with it. property napo natin ito once you have entered to their contract and as long as we are paying our monthly bills form them.

and also Until a law is passed that says it is illegal to unlock our phone, then I think we also have the right to do so. :wink:

Guest mar9118

Getting back to topic:

Can anyone who has already upgraded to the latest SAP 1.8.13.2 ROM tell us what the pros and cons are aside from locking our phones to Smart?

wow daming bago! :shock: new look na ang modaco, tapos may bagong ROM na ang smart, tapos may unlock procedure agad :shock:

di lang ako naka-log in ng 5 araw, marami ng bago. had to take care of our guests from manila, cebu, ozamis and zamboanga kaya di ako naka log in. marami kasing mga happening na nangyari dito sa amin kasi Kadayawan 8)

galeng talaga ng mga pinoy, may unlock procedure agad. sa sobrang galeng, ginawa pang debate ang thread na to. heheheh :) mga pinoy talaga, mahilig magpalitan ng ideas. mas maganda sana kung may beer at pulutan, mas maayos ang debate. heheheh 8) tama na yang mga debate nyo, sagutin nyo na lang ang tanong ko (hehehee):

Naka post na ba yung unlock procedure ng 1.8? salamat in advance mga tsong. 8)

Guest rcperez
HINT! HINT! HINT!

C'mon... please get the hint. End of discussion.

Carlo

yes people can't you take a hint? if we keep on talking about these no matter what we say, there is one which is not taking all of these lightly, im not going to say any names because im being SMART about this comment. Imagine no more sponsors and hosting of the grand opening. Just what like the CSR always says, "The customer is always right, when we say they are" - simply amazing.

Note: Business is business, they could afford to sell less because they bought more for less, thus if sold more they will earn more. They will even thank us for taking their liquidated merchandise off there grimy little hands in exchange for solid cash.

Guest lukeap69

@Carlo,

You are quite right. If you don't like their service, drop them. So if you don't like the whole idea of unlocking, don't do it. It's anybody's call naman yun eh.

For me, I am still using my Smart line as before. However, now I can do more with my phone. What do you think?

wow daming bago!  :shock: new look na ang modaco

how come sa isang computer ko lang lumalabas ang new look ng Modaco? luma parin sa other 3 pc ko. :)

Guest mar9118

@ALL,

Ibalik natin na sa original topic ang thread ..... please :wink:

Ano mayroon na bang nakapagupgrade? Paki-post naman ang pros and cons.

@jbyte,

Kumusta na ang unlock phone mo na naka SAP 1.8.13.2 ROM, baka gusto mo i-share ang procedure mo? Pagawa tayo ng bagong thread kay Sneeky Moderator :)

Guest jerbau

Hi guys, I'm currently using the new ROM - Version 3.0 (Build 13258) Operator 1.8.13.2; since last week. (Monday, 16th August to be exact, I think) So far it's working excellently naman. I just noticed that some of my previous homescreens are not working as expected, hindi siya nagi-install at all. I don't know ha? Pero yung iba working naman.

Hmm ano pa ba? Medyo noticable yung less hangs for me. I guess mas frequent dati... or because wala pa gaanong apps naka-install. I dunno.

Not yet open-lined yung phone ko kasi wala naman akong ibang ginagamit na telco. Kaya I can't comment dun sa open-lined version. All else.. it's the same banana. The upgrade comes lang with the new Action engine... sa Amazing Explorer. Period. Same core... additional add-ons. Sorry sa mga nageexpect... gaya ng sabi ng iba... it's only there to lock your phone again... or so it seems. :)

OT: Carlo I was at Smart Ayala the day you were there. I know kasi Nap told me. It was that day I upgraded. He says hindi pa daw nare-release yung ROM kaya he was the one who personally upgraded my phone.

Are you as inspired? Be inspired :P

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@jerbau

Thanks for the info.

Re homescreens na di nag iinstall, na try mo na bang mag decertify? Weird question pero yung sa phone (SmartROM 1.7) kasi dati nung kaibigan ko, ayaw mag install yung ibang h.s. After gamitan ng pang decert, nakapag install na. hehehe.

Smart ROM na... ano na ba tawag dun...'homescreen-locked'? :) Nakakagulat pero totoo. Akala ko Orange lang ang app-locked.

Guest jerbau

@Pzee np

Hmm... my bad... I guess it wasn't a faulty ROM after all.

Nacorrupt kasi SD ko... then after overwriting the homescreen (.cab file) I was trying to reinstall... it worked perfectly. Btw, it was Randy's OSX theme for SD that I was trying to reinstall.

Hmm... I thought nga some ROM-specific code kept the cab file from installing hindi pala. It was just corrupted data. Other than having the latest ROM, wala na akong maisip na advantage over the previous version.

Anyways, I will do my best to report things I've experienced with this ROM. Same lang talaga yung core eh. Mas pinadami lang yung items sa Amazing Explorer thingy, hindi lang yung SSS ang nakikita.. hehe. :)

What exactly are you waiting for? Be inspired! :P

Guest iaddict

Don't know if it's worth your effort. Took a shot at it. Upgraded to the latest ROM, hardly any difference. Since 1.7 works just swell, stick with the old and trusted sh!t until they (microsoft), comes up with something new.

-All these for the love of our smartphones-