NEW ROM from Smart: version 1.8.13.2 -- post queries here

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest ppcsurfr
OT: Carlo I was at Smart Ayala the day you were there. I know kasi Nap told me. It was that day I upgraded. He says hindi pa daw nare-release yung ROM kaya he was the one who personally upgraded my phone.

Yep... same day I upgraded my phone to 1.8...

That was the time I was also trying to figure out what my Password for the Action Engine apps... well, I figured it out after about... an hour or so...

Carlo

Guest ppcsurfr
Don't know if it's worth your effort.  Took a shot at it.  Upgraded to the latest ROM, hardly any difference.  Since 1.7 works just swell, stick with the old and trusted sh!t until they (microsoft), comes up with something new.  

-All these for the love of our smartphones-

Oh... Microsoft did come up with something new... It's called Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition for Smartphone... You'll need a new phone though to make use of it.

If you're expecting any upgrades for the old unit... I don't think it will ever happen. All that can be done with it is to fix some bugs... and that means not even adding any more features...

Carlo

Guest iaddict
Oh... Microsoft did come up with something new... It's called Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition for Smartphone... You'll need a new phone though to make use of it.

If you're expecting any upgrades for the old unit... I don't think it will ever happen. All that can be done with it is to fix some bugs... and that means not even adding any more features...

Carlo

Carlo, i am stuck with my N3210. Don't know how much you're getting paid but i bet ya it's more than enough to buy yourself a leash. Aaawwww!!!! BTW, how stupid of me. I'm jst about done.. will step out and grab me baygon for the "bugs" instead. You have 2003 version? Get outta here!! :wink:

Guest ecorche

off topic uli, smart deny my aplicati0n 4 voyager, an0 b talaga ang gust0 nila, sa mga sumasah0d ng 10thou about d na makakaaply! gosh mga ewan ko ang smart, stik na lang ako sa sap 1 ko, ang sarap sirain ang network ng smart, may CCNA b d2?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest andgerry
Pag may nag upgrade na please let me know, I have a revised procedure for test, don't worry it will not kill your SAP, pero hindi lang tayo sure pa kung puwede, worst scenario is you will be stuck with the SAP 1.8 ROM which is already the case anyway if you have upgraded or you have a new SAP with the version 1.8 ROM  :wink: 

I have nothing against Smart and I am still using a Smart line, but I believe that they should not be locking our phones if they come with a 2 to 3 years contract (in short binayaran natin yun phone), kung libre yun phone as in no strings attached, then I will not complain having a locked phone  8)

-----------

@mar9118: bro, am a newbie but willing ako mag-experiment dun sa procedure mo na bago. i'm thinking i still have to downgrade the ROM which means changing the bootloader version then the rest of the steps for unlocking na galing dun sa procedure mo for the SMART 1.7.

kung iba pa dito yung procedure mo, pwede pa-email sa [email protected]. thanks! :)

Sory guys! It's been two weeks and two days since my last post. I haven't posted anything after my last post since we move out from our previous home (transfer residence). We are now in a not so technologically updated place. :P I'll have to subscribe for a telephone line to go online. :evil: Hope it will be installed soon. I am using a demo unit of a telephone company where I moved from.

The unlocking thing was a success on my part. I have already upgraded 10 sap1's and unlocked them all.

I think the only difference from the previous version (v1.7) is the Amazing Explorer. With regards to stability, well, I can say that it is as stable as v1.7. For the speed, I would say that the new version is a "little bit faster" than the previous one. But probably, for the most of us will say that no improvement in speed. Well, you can say that, but for me, just a little bit faster.

That all for now. See you soon on this thread! :)

Guest obingkong

i posted on CHANGING FROM QTEK - SMART thread how my SAP came up with a 1.8 Smart ROM.

well, basically nothing much is different with the 1.7 ROM. two things are quite noticable, though: slower and less free (data) space after Hard Reset.

well, i tried flashing 1.7 over 1.8, it gets stucked on the deleting IPSM (Step 1) part. won't even get to 1 percent!

i tried master MAR's procedure, but i cant rename or delete the original NK.nbf file when the upgrade application is running. system says that the file cannot be deleted or modified cause the system is using it.

smart really did their homework well this time. now i'm stuck to 1.8! for now. if only jbyte would help us out.

respect for smart? nah...if not for the phone...

Guest damo_0017
Hello damo_0017,

Ganun ba sa ROM 1.8?  :shock:  

Anyway, I think a fellow Pinoy (X-Mint) is already coming up with 1.8 downgrade procedures.

You may check this thread for developments:http://www.airfagev.com/forum_view.asp?msg_id=56906

yun ang pansin ko, actually mga 1.5 days naman! :roll: one thing's for sure, malayo mas malayong tumatagal battery ko when i was still using i-mate/orange. di ko lang alam if the change in battery life was due to some programs i have installed na di ko dati ginagamit sa i-mate/orange like yung resco, oxios hibernate, homescreen with analog clock, but i really doubt it na yun ang dahilan. most probably, the new rom is the real culprit.

tnx for the thread (re:x-mint), i'll be monitoring it for sure. :)

ABOUT THIS: "The unlocking thing was a success on my part. I have already upgraded 10 sap1's and unlocked them all. " by: Jbyte.............Im proud to say im one of those. Im really thankful to sir jbyte for my FREE hehe service....mabait talaga e. yun nga lang hindi pa sya maka online as often as before, totoo yung sabi nya. and to the "other" guy! ----- MABUHAY ANG MGA TAONG TUMUTULONG SA AMIN!!!! GO FOR OPEN LINE!!!! galing mo jbyte! keep up d gud work.....

sabi sakin sa ng isang employee ng bright point na hindi daw talaga maganda ang 1.8 rom ng smart, sila daw mismo sa brightpoint don't recommend smart subscribers to install 1.8, kung magpa reflash ka nga ng sap mo sa kanila due to stuck on bootloader problem, 1.7 pa rin gagamitin nila and not 1.8

Guest damo_0017
sabi sakin sa ng isang employee ng bright point  na hindi daw talaga maganda ang 1.8 rom ng smart, sila daw mismo sa brightpoint don't recommend smart subscribers to install 1.8, kung magpa reflash ka nga ng sap mo sa kanila due to stuck on bootloader problem, 1.7 pa rin gagamitin nila and not 1.8

free of charge kaya if punta lang ako sa brightpoint tapos request ako na i-flash nila ROM ko to 1.7?

if not lam niyo ba how to revert back from 1.8 rom to 1.7? may mga naSPAMsa kasi akong threads (here and sa kabila) na naii-stuck lang yung SAP nila sa canary mode.

Guest mlkanapi

@ NextMint,

A lot of guys are eagerly waiting for you to share your procedure. I believe that our friend Mar is likewise awaiting your procedure.

Thanks in advance.

mlkanapi

Guest nextmint
Hi NextMint,

I would like to know where we can download the file X-Mint SAP 1.8.13.2 Procedure.zip

Great Job!

mlkanapi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys the files are now available for download, Thanks to Mar for web space.

download here

http://efcld.com/xmint/procedure.zip

Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------