Orange Backup with C500

Guest tomesy

Guest tomesy

Can anyone confirm if this is possible...I keep getting a "Network Error".

I've just changed from an SPV (original) to the new C500.

I used Orange backup to back everything up.

Now, I've tried to restore the backup on my spanking new C500 and I get the network error.

If it makes any difference, my number has changed as part of the upgrade.

Cheers,

Richard.....

Guest Dr Who

I got that last week on my E200 when GPRS was down. Can you connect to the internet, i.e. check you can connect to GPRS services, if not might be your settings that are wrong or GPRS might be dead in your area.

Guest cactusbob

it's stuffed just spent an hour speaking to orange data services about it. they reckon it's a problem with the new spv, however Action Engine run the backup service so they've reported it to them. I can't de cert it either. Cb Posted from my C500!

Guest cactusbob

Were the apps you installed de-certified?

I've fixed mine now. It seems that Orange didn't correctly register the handset on the network.

If you go to de-cert the phone and deliberately get the IMEI wrong it will give you a link to download an app to the phone which will register it on the network.

Download this app and run it. It'll fill in your phone number but it needs to have this prefixed by +44 and the leading zero removed eg. 07984 xxxxxx becomes +447984 xxxxxx.

The phone will then register OK, and backup/restore and decert will work. Make sure that you use the IMEI from the box, or ignore the last two digits if you *#06# on the phone

CB

Guest Dr Who

What exactly is happening ddieter? You backed up your contacts from your ? phone with your username and password. You then are going into Orange Restore, inputting your username and password, hitting go and then? Does it connect to the server and give you a choice of which items to restore? If so does it then complete the restore function but not restore contacts or is it not completing. The devil is in the detail.

Guest ddieter

I have backed up my contacts and calendar off my original SPV using Orange Backup and then tried to restore those on my SPV C500 using the restore function.

However all I seem to get is a Network Error.

Guest cactusbob

ddieter - Have you app unlocked your phone? If not have you tried and failed?

I had the same problem, see my post earlier in this thread

CB

Guest ddieter

Hi Cactusbob,

No I haven't app unlocked the phone yet. How do you do that exactly again? Through the orange website? Do you happen to still have the link?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Normally i back my contacts to outlook and then within a few seconds all my numbers are on my spv by using active sync , as far as the orange backup goes that is pointless between a spv classic say and a c500 as the back up does also links ect that are changed as its storage in a 2003 model not ipsm as in 2002 :wink: :wink: :wink:

peekie, which OS does the E200 use? I was trying to restore data backedup with Orange Restore but afterwards the data would not sync with Outlook using activesync. Could this be why???

the os on the E200 is 2003 ( C500 is the 2003 second edition )

the C500 uses the newer version of active sync , i thought the version i had on my computer was the newest till i got a C500 which asked for the newer version.if you have a good version you should be asked for a new partnership to be made then make sure the contacts is in the list of sync items :wink: :wink: :wink:

• 1 month later...
Guest ddieter

A little help please.

I received a recent replace C500 and my I am having the same problem that occurred when I originally got my C500....the fact that I get a network error when I try to use Orange Restore.

I've downloaded the Orange Register program...and tried to register my phone....it basically tells me its registering my phone to the network..but then nothing else happens.

A little help please.

I've downloaded the Orange Register program...and tried to register my phone....it basically tells me its registering my phone to the network..but then nothing else happens.

Same here.