C500 - Upgrade price news

Guest louisg

Got my C500 today.

It's on my wife's line (on my account), on OVP O2 100.

I got the upgrade for free, with my £100 upgrade fee waived (a month to go before my 12 months are up), and put on Select 500 (£25/mth for 500 mins x-net)

Nice bit of kit.... my first Smartphone since the SPV E100. Out of curiosity, I went onto Orange Restore, and managed to lift over 200 numbers from my old, departed SPV E100 from the Orange servers. Saved me about 3 hours work!

Thanks Orange!!!

Simon

Guest Dark Horse

Orange will also upgrade you out of contract if you phone them direct but the cost is pretty expensive at £219 Sep upgrades (changes on a monthly basis). The good thing though is that you can upgrade on this if you have the OVP Virgin tariff or don't want to sign a new 12 month contract.

Guest hamstar50

This may upset you guys a little but...

I got my C500 today from Orange.

- I am on Everyday 50 - £15 odd per month.

- 9 months in to my contract.

I got phone free and waived any other upgrade fees etc. So all in all £0 and only 9 months into my contract. Naturally, this initiates a new 12 month contract.

To give you an idea of what happened, I rang asking about upgrades, she said £75 (with 3 months remaining in current contract). I said anything be done in reducing that cost or waiving it, she said hold and went to speak to "retentions" department. Came back and said can have it for free now that i'm only 3 months till end of contract.

:-D Chuffed! Installing software on my C500 as we speak

Guest TheMadScot

Same here - wandered into the Orange shop in my town, enquiring about the chance of upgrading my E200 (received early January, which itself was an upgrade from the original SPV) and, after the trainer spoke to someone at their call centre, I was told I wouldn't have to pay anything for the handset. Since I had my E200 on me I was also eligible for the £50 credit offer when trading in an old phone.

So: SPV E200, 8 months into contract, upgraded FREE to C500 plus £50 off my next bill :)

FYI I'm on a 200 minute plan shared with my wife's MPx200 = £50 / month.

The next upgrade will be my wife's handset (also received in January) to an MPx220. I wonder how that will work out? :P