Where can you get 512mb mini SD cards?

Guest JasonKenny

Guest markbrads

According to my sources which are very good :wink: they are not available as yet, the format is fairly new and I am advised it will be available in due course as market demands and usage of format grow

Guest markbrads

They maybe there to see but can you buy them now or later? besides which like a lot of other users I would only use Sandisk memory, do these cards come complete with the SD interface and do they have a 3 year warranty and do you want to send faulty product back to Rotterdam or phone for technical support :roll:

size doesn't always matter, it's how you use it :wink:

Guest crafty

If anyone wants to take advantage of the weak doller at the mo, then you could order one from the states, like from here. They're offering a 512mb Toshiba miniSD for $109 + $16 p&p, thats about £69. Not tried it myself but thought i'd bring it up...

Guest M@rtin
If anyone wants to take advantage of the weak doller at the mo, then you could order one from the states, like from here.  They're offering a 512mb Toshiba miniSD for $109 + $16 p&p, thats about £69.  Not tried it myself but thought i'd bring it up...

Thanks for the link! I don't often find a cheap US supplier that a) is willing to ship overseas, and :P doesn't charge the earth for it! I can feel an order going their way once I get the phone :)

I'm going to pop down Tottenham Court Road at lunchtime today to check out some prices. Will report back my findings and hopefully grab myself a card.

Loving the phone so far, picked one up in Bromley yesterday, not put it down yet, just need more storage space to play some more! :)

Oops, sorry. Meant to reply yesterday.

I didn't have much luck at all. Quite a few of the shops didn't even know what mini-SD was. A couple only had small sizes. The only place that had a 256 was trying to charge £90 for it. I'll just wait for EBuyer or someone to get them back in stock.

Also, just incase anyone was wondering after the MMC cards being compatible with SD, RS-MMC is NOT compatible with Mini-SD, mainly due to them being completely different shapes!

--

mg

Guest gnoonan

I have just got a few extra 256mb Sandisk mini-SD cards with SD adaptors new & sealed in their packets if anyone is interested.

I've added one to my C500 and it works a treat.

I'm going to list on ebay later tonight, otherwise you can call me on 07792648347 if your in a hurry or want to collect in London.

£40 including 1st class postage, add another £2 if you want special delivery.

cheers,

Greg

[email protected]

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

Someone has said these are OEM cards with no adapter :roll:

Why buy outside of the UK you may save money initially but will spend more money if you have problems in the future.

Think about it :wink:

Guest dynamike

Damn... bought mine for 86 Euro two days ago :) Its also a Kingmax 512MB, came with an normal SD adapter and a little storage box.

Works great with my C500...