THIS IS HOW TO HARD RESET THE SPV C500

Guest peanut

Guest peanut

Had major problems and needed to hard reset, Orange did not know how so i emailed HTC directly and below is their instructions for reset back to factory settings.

1. Press and hold soft1 and soft2 keys.

2. Press and hold power button for around 1 to 1.5 seconds. Release power button. Keep hold soft1 and soft2 keys.

3. Later, screen shoould show instructions to ask user to press '0' key to reset to factory default.

4. Press '0' within the timeout period, which is only several seconds only.

5. If no instruction is shown on the screen, repeat steps 1 to 4.

The timing is sensitive.

I know i am a GOD, but please do not worship me!!

Regards

Guest mikeparky
Nice tip and I'll add it to the main <a href=http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset</a> link.

Don't worry about the worship bit that will not happen :)

Moved and made a temporary sticky post in the C500 section.

this doesnt work. or im being silly. ive tried it loads but keeps going to quick list or powers off if i hold the power button in too long

Guest Vector

You are meant to start the procedure with the phone turned off, not on, mike :P

So when phone is off, then hold down both soft keys and power on etc...

I had to use this procedure yesterday when my Screen went blank, had to pull the battery, then wouldn't get past the orange startup screen, so had to hard reset this way, but all ok now :)

Phew!

Guest Fruitini

Have just had to do my second hard reset in as many days. My C500 completely freezes up at random times (once on the homescreen and once while locked in my pocket) and following removing the battery and reassembling will not get past the blue orange screen. Any one else having a similar problem?

This Wont Work for me, by "soft Keys" you do mean the two menu buttons dont you ? When i try this (phone off, press & hold both menu buttons/soft keys and boot up) my phone just starts up as normal, have also tried holding the vol up button and camera button with no avail. Can anybody help/confirm ?

Guest Abbas04

You don't have to hold the power key down for long. Hold the 2 soft keys and press the power button for about a second - you should see a black menu pop up asking if you want to do a hard reset.

I didn't realise that it wipes your contacts and all data on your storage card as well. Makes sense really - Good job I had all this backed up.

Guest midnight
I didn't realise that it wipes your contacts and all data on your storage card as well. Makes sense really - Good job I had all this backed up.

It wipes the Storage Card?????? are you sure???? thats one hell of a flaw if it does

Guest Phil Lee

The two black keys to the left and right of the SPV logo. They are the ones that you press to perform the actions displayed in the bottom left and right of the screen.

Guest spark-x

Is there a way of backing up everything on the phone.. settings, contacts, txt messages? Also, does anyone know if there's a program that converts phonebook formats? eg- i'm using a C500 now but if i moved to a series 60 device in a few months can i keep my new neatly ordered phone book?

hope thats not too off topic!?

sx

Guest sparkisgti
Is there a way of backing up everything on the phone.. settings, contacts, txt messages?  Also, does anyone know if there's a program that converts phonebook formats? eg- i'm using a C500 now but if i moved to a series 60 device in a few months can i keep my new neatly ordered phone book?

sx

get sprite backup.. will backup everything :)

Guest Confucious

My C500 finally turned up about 3 this afternoon. I synched with the PC OK then promptly nstalled all the software I've been downloading over the past few days.

All seemed to be going well until I rebooted and the phone went into a reboot loop a reboot loop a reboot loop a reboot loop a reboot loop a reboot loop a reboot loop a reboot loop ...

Phoned Orange who after I had waited 20mins for them to answer after asking lots of questions had to pass it to the techinical support team. I was told the CS guy would phone me back when he heard from them and when I asked when this would be I was told 1 to 5 DAYS! :shock:

Found this thread and did a reset and can now get back into the phone. THANK YOU! :)

Interesting to note it did NOT reset my date and time.

Guest awarner [MVP]
only asking because to do that on the e100 you had to run the thingy from the PC, not so now then? or untill the patch comes out (ie like 1.6 for e100)

I presume you are talking about application unlocking?

If so then you still need to do this, click on OTA for more info :)

Guest adamkimber
Is there a way of backing up everything on the phone.. settings, contacts, txt messages? Also, does anyone know if there's a program that converts phonebook formats? eg- i'm using a C500 now but if i moved to a series 60 device in a few months can i keep my new neatly ordered phone book?  

sx

Why would you want to abandon your C500?! :)