c500 - IS IT JUST ME?

Guest afroahmed

Guest afroahmed

OK i just wanna say before i begin that i fully understand the c500 is an extremely fast fone wwith many exiting features and im sure that it really isnt that bad.

But, is it just me or does nayone else find the c500 EXTREMLLY ULGY? :shock: :shock: :shock:

i was shocked when i first saw pictures of it a couple of months back, i thought that it was a joke, a mock up that someone had made and posted on modaco for a laugh. until it actually came out :shock: :shock:

i was shocked at the pictures :shock: they took no time to make the design look good! its so plain and ..... well just plain :shock:

i honestly think , the old spv series looked nicer, why couldnt they make the old spvs smaller and faster?! :shock:

the casing is horrible. Looks like the kind of thing that was around 4 years ago when mobile fones just came out! it has no curves or fancy case designs on it. ITS PLAIN !!! :shock:

now dont get me wrong, i love the c500. y do u think i even entered the competition?! but i just think that they could havbe put more thought into how the fone looks.

I must say though. when i went into the orange shop and held it in my hand, it wasnt as bad a in the pictures.

tell me ur comments below! :)

Guest zeta101

have u actually seen one in RL yet? there is something to be said for simplicity, and you cant go wrong with silver and black. I guess it cos its supposed to be targted towards business type people, but i think its 1000000 times better than the old spvs :)

Guest stu.mcandrew

Well, I have now got one, after having an SPV original and E100, I think the C500 looks pretty smart in the flesh.

The silver and black work well togther, particularly the silver round the sides and back.

My mates who are not Smartphone users, but prefer the style conscious Nokia and Motos etc... thought it looked really cool due to the combination of style, size and features.

My wife who has a T610i also thought looked really nice, so much so she wanted to swap!! No chance.

In summary, general view in my part of the world is that the C500 looks great!

Guest afroahmed

ok i suppose it can be 'cool' but doesnt it just lack something? .... its ... PLAIN. Im begginging to like it now, but id prefer the new motos. which frankly will kick ass

Guest londonlad

afroahmed i totally agree, its lacking that finish (e200 has it to an extent), but it does seem like a good model to have, size, shape and silver and black combo. Its just the buttons :roll: :roll: :roll:

Guest afroahmed

well thankyou for sharing our opinion, we now know that u aint bothered about how your fone looks or feels, wow if only there were more people like you in this world, crappy fone companys like Siemans would be rich ...

Guest Disco Stu

:shock:

No. We are bothered.

Thing is, what I think looks / feels cool possibly won't correspond with what you guys / the Smartphone market in general thinks is good.

So it's a compromise.

C500 - yeah it's alright. MPx220 - could be better. MPx - cool as, muthascratcher 8) (but a bit big after all's said and done)

C500 "Extremely ugly" ?

It's not a N*kia mate :wink:

Guest afroahmed

ok, just cos its a not a nokia means it has to be s***? nokia make some pants looking fones! and the mpx220 and mpx both look AMAZING so i think im gnna stick by my thoughts that the mpx's will kick ass! also i never dsaid it was EXTREMELY UGLY.... (dunno where u got that from), rather i said it was ugly, buy im seeing its good points now :)

Guest Disco Stu
OK i just wanna say before i begin that i fully understand the c500 is an extremely fast fone wwith many exiting features and im sure that it really isnt that bad.

But, is it just me or does nayone else find the c500 EXTREMLLY ULGY? :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  

Hmmmm..... :wink:

I actually meant that it's better looking than all the Nokias and I think we agree on things anyway :)

Guest SeaneyC

It looks cool, and it doesn't feel like it has been knocked up out of recycled plastic cups! *coughhint* Nokia *cough*

The last Nokia phone i got excited about was the 7110! And i wouldn't say the moto 220 or MPX look amazing either, in fact, IMHO, the 220 is downright fat and a bit of a minger! All that said, i'll wait till i see one in the flesh till i pass further judgement.

And what's wrong with Siemens? I like my SL55 :)

I agree.. it's (too) plain looking for a good looking phone. I have to admit I wasn't smittend by the Mpx200 when I saw it but I thought it rocked so I bought it anyway.

this indeed looks a bit like recycled plastic stuff.. and the buttons are very ugly. but the size does somehow make it more apealing.

so I agree with some others here. there should be an option in the middle. not pretty but not ugly either.

Pigo

o yes... seeing as that otion lacks I chose not to vote.

Guest snowgoon

This is similar to that comparison of the C500 vs the MPX220 that msmobiles did on their site. One of the PLUSES for the MPx was that it "looked cool".

Now, everyone is entitled to their opinion and all, but frankly I'LL decide what I think is cool. Each to their own and all that.

I think the C500 looks quite smart. And as others have pointed out elsewhere it is primarily aimed at business users (whether you agree with that or not, is quite evident from what Orange keep saying about it), and the FEATURES are what matters to most people. Sure if it was as ugly as "yo momma" I wouldn't buy it either, but HTC have to find the line between 'cool' (whatever that is defined) and 'unoffensive'.

Same goes for most things - which type of hi-fi would you buy? An Aiwa with all the flashing lights, grotesque (IMHO) speakers or a nice sleek Denon or Technics unit? Depends on your taste.

Man, I can't believe I've wasted so much time responding to this!!! ;-)

Guest midnight

surely only people who have actually used/bought the C500 can actually say whether its nice looking or not? far too many people here are going simply from the photo's of the thing, if the mpx200 taught us anything, its dont rely on the photos, see the phone in the flesh (i thought the mpx200 in photos looked very plain and boring, but in the flesh it really is a nice looking phone).