Snes emulator

Guest ulicquel

Guest ulicquel

Hey guys,

just tried the snes emulator on the c500 (I've get picodrive working) but it just seems to crash wen im loading a rom :)

has anyone else tried this yet?

Guest mushra

Yeah i tried it same thing seemed to happen, no 'Tools' or 'options' buttons just the pocketsnes logo and the version number? are you using the same roms as on a previose smartphone (i wasnt)

• 1 month later...

I... would... kill... for.. a... phone with a snes emulator. KILL I TELL YOU!!

Edit: A joke ofcourse, unless i relly hate that person that is.. :twisted:

Does anyone know ANY good RPG games working on this phone with a snes emulator?

Guest spacemonkey

I got my c500 last night, and you are right, snes doesn't work :) but gnuboy is MUCH faster than on the e200/e100. Gnuboy runs pretty much full speed with a frame skip of 1 o/

Hopefully snes will be faster too... I'll try and get a debuggable environment working on it tonight and see why it crashes. I get the menus, then when I load rom it hangs showing the Pocket SNES background and nothing else.

Guest tefal la

ok have c500 had no idea that you could get a snes emulator for a phone. This is a whole new ball game. If you can get it to work can you post a link.

PS please tell me you can get mario cart. University memories are coming flooding back....

Guest spacemonkey

OK... it's working now... performance wise, on a 1 game test (micro machines) it seems to be running 80% of full speed... which is a LOT better than the old one used to be.

get it here:

http://www.surrealservices.co.uk/pocketsnes.html

enjoy.... still no nice installer, so it's the usual copy the exe to the phone, get roms (don't ask here), copy them to the same directory, run it.

In game Vol up/down will bring up the menus.

ok have c500 had no idea that you could get a snes emulator for a phone. This is a whole new ball game.  If you can get it to work can you post a link.

PS please tell me you can get mario cart. University memories are coming flooding back....

You might have more luck getting F Zero to work than Mario Kart ^_^ But Mario Kart would be great!

Guest karl_woodbridge

Hmmmm...you all seem to have it working but it still freezes on mine! I've tried multiple games, and they start and then freeze. If you open up the menu they then continue for a few seconds, and then freeze again, plus I'm getting no sound whatsoever. Any ideas?

Guest willhopk

Cheers. Super Mario World worked a treat.

you need to set it so the number keys are being used instead of the direction stick, otherwise multiple keys presses dont work.

Guest karl_woodbridge

Nope - am trying Super Bomberman as that is supposed to work right? It gets to the menu screen and before I press anyting it freezes until I bring the pause menu up. Also, should there be sound as I have none.

Guest spacemonkey

Ah... just having a play with mine and switching the sound on makes it jam up immediately...

The sound used to be rubbish anyway. I'll have a look at the code and see if I can spot the sound problem, but in the mean time on C500 make sure sound is switched off.

Another thing to note... on the C500 the powersaving messes things up, so if you let it go to blank screen by not pressing buttons the graphics won't resume properly until you pause and resume.

Guest phishwak

Spacemonkey - Thanks a lot, the speed of PocketSNES on the C500 is amazing, most of the games I've tried seem to be at full speed (or near enough) with frameskip set to 1.

Whatever muppet said in another thread that you had no talent needs flogging - publicly.

Sound would be nice of course but to be honest I don't miss it most of the time - the only real problem is that on games like Zelda the writing is dificult to read but I guess that resizing to the smartphone screen size makes that difficult to get around.

Just wish that the C500 had a proper 9 way joystick. Anyone tried one of those Snakebiter Nokia sticks on the C500 ?

Guest clacton crew

i have got mario world to work very good on the phone but why is there no sound?. is there another file you need to download to get the sound?. the game comes up very small on the screen.

There is a c500 version, i read something about it before, whilst on my weekly search for a snes emulator, i search some more and i find it, im too grateful for words to describe.

Guest ulicquel

Hey there guys,

funny how i started this thread and now come back to it and look how its grown! ^_^

Well pico drive has taken me time but now am back to try and get this working.

Well i've tried this new version of the snes emulator, but i still cant get it to work. I make sure everything is left on so the backlight doesnt go off or anything.

But when i load the rom all i get is a black screen and nothing seems to be happening. The games ive tried so far are international superstar soccer deluxe and chrono trigger.

Can ne1 help me with this!? please? :cry:

Guest phishwak

I remember reading that roms over 4 Meg (Mega bits ?) won't work.

I've had the following working on my C500:-

Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis Tour

Kick Off 3

Super Mario World

Micro Machines

F-Zero

Simpsons - Bart's Nightmare

Simpsons - Krusty's Super Funhouse

Legend of Zelda - A link to the past (hard to read writing though)

Super Goal

Not Working :-

Chrono Trigger

Dungeon Master (starts but freezes at the entrance)

Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest

Will try some more when I get a chance.