XPhone ROM Relesed at myxda.com

Guest mitton

Guest HKBoySiR

Findings so far -

1) Much improved call quality and audio quality in general.

2) Speed. This ROM is much faster than the i-Mate. Key presses respond quickly, and you almost never notice any lag.

3) Bluetooth sound quality is slightly improved, though the range issue is still there.

4) Graphics appear to be sharper and easier to read, though this could just be me.

From playing around so far, I think this ROM is great!

Guest ch79ro
Make sure you are using the correct ROM upgrade

There are three ROM downloads at myxda.com

O2Xphone_ROM_Upgrade_(ENG)1[1].10.18.6_PKG_A.zip - For upgrading from 1.7.10.2 English

O2Xphone_ROM_Upgrade_(ENG)1[1].10.18.6_PKG_B.zip - For upgrading from 1.10.18.3 English

As well as a Hong Kong version.

Hi, I have confirmed I am using the correct ROM upgrade. I have tried it a few times more and I have found the error to be an "Error 117"

Anyone have any idea what this is?

Also do I have to have Active sync disabled during the upgrade?

Guest mitton

If you initiate an upgrade and it doesn't start properly leaving you a phone that starts up straight in the colorful Smart Phone test pattern screen, try the following to get the upgrade to continue

Disconnect the battery, power on the phone, press the action button to go to the boot loader menu and select 8 from the menu to erase the memory.

Then run the upgrade program.

I have had two phones displayed this problem and in both cases the procedure allow the upgrade to run.

Guest HuskerDu

couple of questions:

- The boot-loader of this rom is 1.07.1 as the I-Mate"s and Greek Qtek"s ones?

- @HKBoySiR:

Version 4.20.0 (Build 13349)

Radio Version 1.12.01

ROM Update Versions:

Operator: 1.10.18.6

Manufacturer: 1.11.18.35

Microsoft: 4.20.13349.0

Language: 1.11.18.35

File System: 4.20.13349.0

The Radio Version of I-Mate"s rom is 1.16.0 :shock: , I-mate and Xphone programmers use different radio version numbering?

Actually, the most important in rom versions is the date of the "nk.nbf" file. Can you check if it is newer than the i-mate"s one?

Downloading right now XPhone ROM, going to test it tonight at home on my Qtek8080 with the I-Mate rom

:)

Guest flatland

no one can help me ?

i can't upgrade this week

who can check hongkong on your xphone

my xphone is very slow

i have Sandisk SD card 256mb

no one can help me ?

i can't upgrade this week

who can check hongkong on your xphone

my xphone is very slow

i have Sandisk SD card 256mb

Guest ycneosg
my xphone is hongkong version

i was finished in the upgrade

but the xphone is very slow  

can i reflash the xphone now

and xphone will down sometime

help me

I upgraded from 1.10.18.3 to 1.10.18.6 just 2 days ago, it was very stable and have not experience a single 'hang', battery life was pretty good also.

Today manage to download the Trad Chinese of the new rom, after flashing have not experience the slowliness that you've described.

Is it slow only when you're accessing some files or programs from Storage Card. I suggest you do a hard reset before upgrade, backup your Storage Card and do a reformat. If it still don't help, maybe you can try the English version of the rom.

Guest zerosignull

HKBoySiR: any further inpresions you can give us for this rom? is it worth upgrading to for us orange rom using o2.co.uk payg customers and people in general?

Just upgraded my Xphone last nite. Was previously using the I-Mate ROM.

Initial impressions so far: Just as good as the I-mate.

Although booting does *seem* faster.

Guest HKBoySiR
couple of questions:

- The boot-loader of this rom is 1.07.1 as the I-Mate"s and Greek Qtek"s ones?

- @HKBoySiR:  

The Radio Version of I-Mate"s rom is 1.16.0 :shock: , I-mate and Xphone programmers use different radio version numbering?

Actually, the most important in rom versions is the date of the "nk.nbf" file. Can you check if it is newer than the i-mate"s one?

Downloading right now XPhone ROM, going to test it tonight at home on my Qtek8080 with the I-Mate rom

:)

The ROM is dated June 28th, 2004. The i-mate is dated June 4th.

Guest HKBoySiR
HKBoySiR: any further inpresions you can give us for this rom? is it worth upgrading to for us orange rom using o2.co.uk payg customers and people in general?

Well, overall, I think this ROM is very stable. So far, the most noticeable change is battery life. I flashed yesterday on full charge, and now am at 88% battery life remaining, WITH bluetooth on the whole time.

The improvements over the i-mate ROM are few, but I definitely think they are significant. In conclusion, I recommend upgrading to this ROM, at the same time, take into consideration that history shows that many people have had various experiences after flashing their devices both good and bad.

Guest flatland

anyone in hongkong ?who can tell me flash the hongkong version step by step

tell me the approach

i will reflash this CHT ROM in this weekend ;

finished i will tell you

EOma,

Could you give step-by-step procedure, thanks.

It's more or less the same procedures as HKboysir mentioned.

The following was how I flashed my Xphone (latest Imate ROM) to the latest O2 ROM ( I used the v1.7.xx to 1.10.xx version)

Pre-flashing steps: Extract the downloaded .exe file into any directory (keep on extracting till you get the voupgradeut.exe file)

1. Connect the Xphone to the PC via USB sync cable.

2. Shutdown wesccom.exe/wescmgr.exe from the task manager.

3. Off the phone (sync cable still connected). Wait 10 secs.

4. Go into bootloader/canary mode (press and hold REC button then press Power on button). Press any key to go into the bootloader mode (don't press the action key!)

5. Run the voupgradeut.com.

6. It'll take roughly ~20+ minutes from start to finish.

7. First, it'll check the phone, then ask you if it's ok to proceed, then it'll start erasing the current ROM, then finally start flashing. A progress bar will appear on the Xphone as well. See the progress bar increase at a nerve-wracking sloooow rate. Sometimes you'd wonder if it hung/no activity etc. Relax.

Guest mikeyboy

Flatland you upgrade through the myxphone website - its easy. Have you not registered - as the site explains what to do.Flatland you upgrade through the myxphone website - its easy. Have you not registered - as the site explains what to do.

Guest zerosignull

does this rom come application unlocked or do i need to unlock it? also does the rom not check to make sure the phone is a acutall 02 phone? does it not need cracking to work on other phones?

Guest HKBoySiR

It didn't perform a check for me when I flashed it in canary mode, though I don't know if it will while the phone is booted or not. I have not application unlocked it, as I haven't had any problems installing anything. So i'm not sure if it is app locked or not.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest zerosignull

I think i read somewhere on the big old web that this rom comes app unlocked but would like to make sure. Also am i remeberring correctly that with this rom you can send video via mms? i think i read that if you try to send it it converts the .avi-> .3gp

Can someone tell me if there is italian language in this rom?

i'm using the latest IMATE wich have italian in it.... I'm thinking of upgrading but knowing if there is italian language is critical to me...

thank you

Guest dt_bogor

just updated mine from i-mate.

Now cannot use the MSN homepage by Midnight !!! it is all corrupt.

any advice

UPDATE:

it is all working now, this is wierd, after installing the homepage, rjhtml plugin and restarting it was all corrupt ,then changed to O2 homepage and back to MSN by Midnight, it was OK again.

very strange.

Guest flatland

my english is very poor! sorry!

i am xphone's user! i have IMEI no.! i can login into www.myxphone.com!

who can tell me the StepByStep upgrade new version -HONGKONG !

Any version suppor chinese???????????Other???

" i-mate" ????? what is that??? suppor CHinese????? is it better than O2?

Guest samuel337
my english is very poor! sorry!

i am xphone's user! i have IMEI no.! i can login into www.myxphone.com!

who can tell me the StepByStep upgrade new version -HONGKONG !  

Any version suppor chinese???????????Other???

" i-mate"  ????? what is that??? suppor CHinese????? is it better than O2?

Have you downloaded the Hong Kong ROM yet? There is an instruction file in the zip file.

Only the HK version supports Chinese, the other versions do not.

i-mate distribute the same phone as the o2 xphone, but under a different brand - the hardware is the same, though the software is slightly different.

Sam