XPhone ROM Relesed at myxda.com

Guest mitton

Guest neildominic

I tried updating my xphone from its old 1.9.11.4 (CHT) version. (the unit was bought by a friend in HongKong and im in the Philippines) unfortunately it didnt work.

so i tried to install the Rom upgrade again but i encountered some problems (this is my first time to upgrade and i really dont know that much of what the things i see on the screens) so i did take off the battery and had to return it a couple of seconds then when i did try to activesync it, it didnt work. what i can see on the xphone screen is these!

Press any key to

enter boot loader

then upon pressing any key, it shows

Smart Phone

v1.04 doc

So what am i going to do next??? i will try to follow some of the things posted in here but am a little bit confused of what to do because of so many suggestions posted.

need your help!!! thanx

Just upgraded my Xphone last nite. Was previously using the I-Mate ROM.  

Initial impressions so far: Just as good as the I-mate.  

Although booting does *seem* faster.

Hi Eoma...were u using the LATEST I-mate ROM b4 u switched to the latest O2 ROM? Now that you've tried both ROMs, which one do you think is better?

I've been running on O2 ROM all this while and running the latest ROM version now but curious to see if the I-Mate ROM will be better for me?

Thanks! :-)

tangyp: Yes, I was using the latest Imate ROM before.

Hmm, they're both pretty even actually. The 3 main things i looked out for were:

1. Battery life : As good as Imate.

2. Speaker phone/call quality+volume : Clear and louder than Imate.

3. General Phone stability/Overall speed: Stability is Good. Speed might be a little faster but i think bootup is definitely faster compared to Imate.

Other functions, mp3/video/camera: Haven't encountered anything out of the ordinary.

Overall: Good ROM from O2.

Overall: Good ROM from O2.

Hello again Eoma...thanks so much for the feedback. Guess I'll stick with my O2 ROM for the time being...until something better gets out! :-)

Regards!

already pm you the url download both the English and Chinese rom, pls check.

there is a loophole in the downloading process which allow one to download all the available rom update, but this trick requirement you to be either a registered XDAII or XPhone user. try and see whether you can find it :wink:

hi,

can send me the url for the chinese rom?

thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Guest suggsjc

I am regisitered at myxda.com and am not able to download the new ROM. I emailed what I am guessing is the support ([email protected]) since it was nowhere to be found on the site...but still no response.

I have been using the Orange ROM, but would like to get the newest O2 ROM...any suggestions as to how I can get it? I am not sure of what the rules are about emailing/posting the ROMs, but if it isn't any trouble and is legal/whatever, could soneone send it to me? Else, I will just wait to hear back from myxda.com or take any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jonathon

Guest neildominic
I am regisitered at myxda.com and am not able to download the new ROM.  I emailed what I am guessing is the support ([email protected]) since it was nowhere to be found on the site...but still no response.

I have been using the Orange ROM, but would like to get the newest O2 ROM...any suggestions as to how I can get it?  I am not sure of what the rules are about emailing/posting the ROMs, but if it isn't any trouble and is legal/whatever, could soneone send it to me?  Else, I will just wait to hear back from myxda.com or take any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jonathon

after u have log-in try to click on the link on support then u will be redirected to a diff page. read the page where it states a CONTACT FORM, click this link and u will be in the web contact support for the O2 then fill the form then it will redirect u again to a page where u could now write ur query!

Guest mouyias

Hello i'm a new member and i want to ask some questions about the Qtek 8080

If i buy it from expansys.com which rom should i put on it??

What's the advantage of a new rom??

If something goes wrong with the rom what happens??

Is it worth changing the rom??

Guest schaggo
If i buy it from expansys.com which rom should i put on it??
:arrow: The Qtek 1.9.14.1

What's the advantage of a new rom??
what are the advantages of new operating systems? what are the advantages of new computers? it leads to the inevitable question: what are advantages of improvement and advancement???

If something goes wrong with the rom what happens??
nothing goes wrong. if YOU do something wrong with the rom: retry...

Is it worth changing the rom??
see two questions above...

Guest Twisticles

I have an Xphone, currently with 'as shipped' Chinese ROM 1.9.11.4. I'm a registered user - and according to the Xphone site, I can only upgrade to the new Chinese ROM.

So - in spite of warning that you can damage your phone and void the warranty - has anyone managed to upgrade from Chinese to English?

And if so...which English ROM did you use to upgrade 1.9.11.4? From the details I guess from 1.7.10.2 to 1.10.18.6 English Version ?

I don't really need the pinyin improced T9 input!

Guest Degogar

Have done my xphone from 02 to orange and now back to the new 02 rom

have still got all the downloaded roms from 02 if you want them.

got my xphone in singapore english rom

Guest craig4wd

I need an English Rom upgrade 1.7 from Malaysia. I'm registered on O2 but the rom I download doesn't work. Like to try a different one if someone has one I can try.

Guest martinlong1978

What are the main differences between the O2 and Orange Roms... would I see any benefit from changing to the orange, what would I gain / lose?

I upgraded the English version and my xphone is noticeably slower and the joystick doesn't work nearly as well ^_^ Battery life is much better, but I think it has a lot to do with less power to the screen...... :roll: Not ideal.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rapidz247

If I install the o2 ROM on my E200 will I be able to use o2 GPRS? (I am on o2)

because the o2 GPRS & MMS settings on this site don't work :lol:

Posted from my SmartPhone!