Constant Network Text Messages

Guest colcraig72

Guest colcraig72

I have searched on this but nothing was found. I have an 8390 unlocked with an O2 Pay & Go SIM Card. I am constantly getting a text message from the Network with the local STD Dialling codes for the area that I am in.

I have unticked cell broadcasts as I had something similar to that when I was on Vodafone many moons ago.

Any ideas how to stop them ?? :)

Guest colcraig72

No, they don't cost anything. They just piss me off cause I am sick of deleting them and looking at the phone when it is not a text message that I want :evil:

Guest Frazzyscot

I had the same problem but created a new channel and ticked anything but english as the Language and it stops the message coming up, only problem is that when I switch off the phone I have to go through the same procedure again!! :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

The solution:

Got to:

Start - Settings - More - Phone - Channels -uncheck "ENABLE CHANNELS" - DONE.

The messages stop. But, if restart the mobile, ENABLE CHANNELS is re-checked.

Sorry for my bad English

dv98

• 1 month later...

I got that exactly same problem: my operator sends me text messages containing its name and my local area code. I called them twice and they did some changes to my line but it didn't solve the problem.

I'll try the channel tip and, if it works, you guys may wait some days for a post of mine to fix it.

thanks,

Jorge Costa

Guest colcraig72

Sorry, I should have replied a while ago. That does stop it, but everytime the phone is switched back on, then you have to do it again.

it also stopped the battery needing recharging every day. I thought I had done all this before I had posted - but obviously not.

If only now someone can help me get set up for MMS with Vodafone Call -Ya in Germany that would be more than helpful.

Thanks

Guest trademark

i am a chinese boy.so perhaps my eng is so so.but i undestand your meanings.

i have tried this envierment with you and felt really unhapply.in the end,the network messages were resolved

easily by myself.for you:

you can select ..."start"..."settins"..."more"..."phone"..."channels".....first ...then select the "enable channels" and click "done" when you restart the cell phone every time.

remember:every time.

ha ha .thank you ........ just for your reference..........

Guest trademark

the sec solution :

you can take your cell phone to the mio's local customer service center to resolve the problem if the cell phone

is new.......

the "new" meanins is not from other countries.

do you know that my meanings? because my eng is so so............

you can reply the above topic if you don't understand..... ha ha

Yep, the channel tip worked fine. I stopped to receive that annoing operator SMSs. Isn't there any registry key to completely disable the channels download ? Or do I have to contact my GSM operator and ask them to turn off channels for me ?

thanx,

JF

To eljefe (Jorge Costa),

tb sou do Brasil e to com esse maldito problema com esse Mitac. To doido pra trocar por um Mpx220 e passar esse pepino pra frente!

Qual a sua operadora ?

A solução que postei funcionou pra vc ?

Aqui funciona, ateh o momento em que troco de area ou desligo o telefone.

Detalhe. Neste momento meu celular se recusa a entrar em qualquer tela da parte de SETTINGS. Mais uma bronca pra resolver

Hi ! That's good to know there are more brazilians posting in this forum.

Your tip fixed that f* problem, but I still have to do it again every time I turn on my phone or leave flight mode (I use it when I want to play games and don't wanna be disturbed :wink: ).

Currently, my operator is Oi. A little curiosity: when I use a SIM card from TIM my phone works ok and I get no blank sms any more. Maybe it's a problem on the Oi network that doesn't talk very well with "foreign" phones, or that aren't certified by Anatel.

Man, that settings issue is really boring, another bug Mitac gave to us ? :evil: bad bad Mitac !! I solved that using the classic Windows solution: restart the phone and you'll can access the settings screen.

Definitely, MPx220 is my next smartphone. But, it's a future dream. By now, money is short :cry: . Anybody selling one for a good price :lol: ?

Cara, minha operadora é a Oi. Com a TIM, eu não recebo aquelas mensagens chatas com OI RN 84 no corpo do texto. Elas vem aos montes, a bateria do mio não durava nem um dia inteiro. Agora, chega a míseros dois, três no máximo com pouco uso.

Às vezes, eu tb não consigo ir para a tela das configurações da rede. Geralmente, o telefone trava quando vc vai fazer alguma modificação e aperta a tecla Cancel. Daí, vc tenta voltar para aquela tela mas não entra. Que telefonezinho bomba esse. É bonitinho, mas ordinário. Mas, pô, o MPX220 a 2.999 no submarino é fogo, não dá mesmo. É a entrada do carango :D .

Só uma última dica: por mais que eu saiba português e vc tb, o pessoal daqui não gosta muito que falem em outra língua. Eles encaram como falta de respeito. Se tiver dificuldade com o inglês, mande mensagens em PM que a gente conversa na nossa língua brasilis. Abraço.

JF