Cyberon Voice Commander crashes my phone

Guest snog66

Guest snog66

To warn you guys about this.

Tried the trial version of Cyberon Voice Commander (after reading reveiw on MSmobilenews) with no (perceived) problems. So bought and installed the full version on my Mio8390. (It worked just as poorly in contrast to MSmobilenews comments)

Within a day noticed that switch off the Quick list would not appear. Then on swicth on, the enter PIN code screen would freeze. (I had to put the SIM into another phone to disable the PIN and restart the Mio again).

By the second day the phone would power on but would freeze at home screen. Tried everything, from remnove sim, remove battery etc but same result.

Does anyone know how to do a Master Factory reset ?

Else will have to take to back to Servcie Centre...what a bummer!

Guest snog66

Thanks for you quick and concise reply ! I followed the hard reset instructions and bingo ....except I didn't think to memorise where the lanmguage setting is....now its all in Chinese and I am having to fumble around !!

Thanks anyway !

Guest meatgrinder

to change hte language - (i'm not sure if its 100% the same on mio) but i would go to(in this order, of course 8-))

programs (left softkey)

settings (press 4)

regional settings (press 9 then 6 - if not, open settings, press 9, then press the number corresponding to the 3rd item from the bottom of the list)

the first box in segional settings is language - press the action button and choose the desired language

hope that helps

Dave

[EDIT]

i've informed cyberon of your problem, hopefully they'll reply with a fix, or advise how to correct this

Dave

[/EDIT]

Guest snog66

Thanks for your actions. I hope I can get my money's worth from this app yet. And sorted the language issues...thanks. Interesting that the choice of English still leaves some aspects in Chinese like band change and MMS...Mitac tells me this is so !

Drifting off subject a little.....after reset I tried to reinstall old apps. One of which Smartphonenotes throws up ''Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate"...which I never had when I originally installed this app. I have no idea what these certificates are or how I resolve this problem.....any ideas ?

Thanks in advance from a 'newbie'

Guest meatgrinder

here ya go m8:

You can unlock it at www.mitacservice.com

Click on the unlock picture

goto bottom of page and click 'next'.

goto bottom of page and click 'I agree'.

[edit]

thanks to martin for the details, i pinched them from a post in another topic

[/edit]

Guest snog66

Great ...I learn something new everyday.

Unlock instructions worked a treat.

btw your hard reset instructions worked (see later) but the official instructions I belated received from Mitac (hold volume key and END key for 4 secs) does not seem to work.

Following my reset, it seems that a few set-up features are inoperative ie. will not enter 'date and time' option, and under accessibility, no matter what value I set the 'confirmation time out ' to it goes home after 10 secs.

I guess I should be thankful the phones still working !

Guest meatgrinder

lol, sorry, i've no idea how to fix your problem with the settings menu :P

not sure if its applicable to the mitac, but (on mpx200/e200/e100/spv classic) hard reset should be carried out on a full battery charge.

i also got a response from cyberon :

"Dear Sir,

Thanks your advice.

But it's really hard to get the really problem is.

We will try to find if this is our software's problem.

If you can reproduce it step by step and tell us.

We will very appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Cyberon"

i've emailed back with your original description - hopefully we'll see a fix! :)

Dave

Guest snog66

Cyberon have emailed me and I have given them a more detailed blow by blow account. Hopefully they can find a remedy help all.

Eventually I had to get the phone Reset by the service centre. Interesting that their reset (How I don;t know) seemed to wipe the phone 'cleaner' than the method you gave me; and the factory software load slightly different; and I found further interesting facts.

>PC assistant software runs only on XP.

>The band change and MMS apps are Chinese only.

>The time and date change cannot be accessed if Regional locale set to Hong Kong (where I am!)

>Previously I had no 'SIM tool kit app'....now I have after service centre reset....and Mitac support had said that the phone did not support this feature.

>Photo ID can only access pictures through the PC assistant except for built in pics.

Hope this might help others with this phone.

Guest meatgrinder

update for ya snog66, this just in from cyberon:

"Dear Sir,

Yes, we have reproduced this problem.

But it seems to only occur on Mio8390's SIM driver.

Their SIM driver seems have some problems.

Because we have tried to enable the PIN code on other smartphone, and so far it is ok.

We will still try to find other solution to solve this problem."

lets hope they do :)

Dave

• 2 months later...
Guest supapa945

:oops: My phone also had same problem too!

But when I delete the one file in :

storagewindowsstartupdaemon.exe

:lol:

The Voice commander was working fine and nomore hanging again!