Conspiracy theory: The pentagon and 9/11

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

My view would be that it really doesn't look like a 757 hit the Pentagon - if it did, where the hell did it go? The flipside is, if the 757 DIDN'T hit the Pentagon, what happened to it?

Maybe terrorists managed to get hold of a fighter or something, and the military didn't want to make that common knowledge. Maybe they shot down the passenger plane, but didn't want to tell the public?

P

are you sure that things like this need to be discussed here?

are you sure that you know enough to believe this or that story?

are you sure that you don't sit on the story this or that party wants you to believe in?

i am not.

cheers, lutz

Guest MorphFx

lutzh, Nothing wrong with discussing opinions, no one is actually saying this is true or that is a lie, or I believe this, I believe that! Strange as it seems I accidently came across the serendepity website a few weeks ago whilst searching for something that had absolutely nothing to do with 911 - I also use this forum due to having a E200 - it that has nothing to do with 911, but just by chance the founder of this website creates a thread that relates to what I found earlier this month - I felt impulsed to share it.

As we all know, not everything is black and white.

conspiracy: e200 -> microsoft -> 9/11 -> modaco. there must be a connection ;-)

sure i see it just like you see it. it's always possible to discuss things. i just don't like the flaming and blaming it sometimes leads through...

cheers, lutz

Guest MorphFx

Hmm, I just checked and its not on Monday but...

CONSPIRACIES... *NEW ENTERTAINMENT SERIES* ( )

Sky One: Thursday 9th September 2004 at 21:00 - 9/11 And The Evil In America

Entertainment

Are we controlled by a secret world order? Did the Titanic actually hit an iceberg? Has America practised evil imperialism for the past century or more? Conspiracies... is an intriguing four-part series sorting fact from folklore and exploring the mysteries fuelling the conspiracy phenomenon. Presenter and author Danny Wallace scrutinises alternative truths as he seeks answers to some disturbing questions. Each episode dissects a different conspiracy: 9/11 And The Evil In America; Titanic: The Ship That Wasn't There; The Illuminati: Our Secret Masters; and The Bible Code Warnings. Is our uncertain world the calculated creation of US governments? Have America's presidents conspired to kill millions to achieve global domination? Danny Wallace presents an intriguing look at unusual conspiracy theories.

(hehe too many people are thinking the unthinkable so they get a major media monster to play it up - I like the way they have already mixed the absurd and crazy conspiricies with one that might actually be for real).

In true Sky fashion, they don't seem to know what they're putting on or when.

This is the link I got my ref from:

Sky One Listings

And it says:

Monday 06, 21:00, Sky One 

1 of 4. First in a four-part series presented by Danny Wallace, in which he scrutinises worldwide conspiracy theories. In this episode he examines the premise that the conflict and destruction of the 21st century have been created by the US government in order to achieve world domination. 

Guest McHale

I've heard so many stupid theories like this one from people who don't live in the US. Unfortunately, there are people that live there and near there that witnessed it. There was footage of the plane you know...

Also, there were remnants to the plane. But, not a whole unloadable jet liner like you seem to be looking for. How much of the planes were left after they hit the WTC? Oh yah, none. Forgot about that.

So, I guess in a round about way, you're (or the nut with the SWF) insinuating that George W. Bush bombed his own Pentagon to give himself more power and pass laws that take away freedoms?

Don't let the black helicopters hit you in the ass on your way out...

-Mc

Guest Palindrome

Not to mention that during the enquiry the black box was retrieved. There is also shots of wreckage in journalist's photos when the fire was being extinguished. I would also think it is likely that the Pentagon would have some sort of reinforced walls to limit the damage in the case of an attack and considering the plane would be flying at a very high speed at the time of impact, I would not expect very much of it to be in one piece.

Not to mention that during the enquiry the black box was retrieved. There is also shots of wreckage in journalist's photos when the fire was being extinguished. I would also think it is likely that the Pentagon would have some sort of reinforced walls to limit the damage in the case of an attack and considering the plane would be flying at a very high speed at the time of impact, I would not expect very much of it to be in one piece.

Assuming you are correct, then wouldn't the damage to the pentagon wing outer wall have been more extensive with significantly more plane debris emanating outward from the point of impact into the outer lawn?

Guest Palindrome

I'm thinking alone these lines:

I assume the Pentagon wasn't designed to be an easy target for whatever possible attack the US government could envision (and who'd have thought someone would crash a plane into it!! - well, I suppose that's the issue). Therefore, it's only common sense to reinforce the walls. The fact that the hole was small and had penetrated well into the structure could be due to the full force of the front of the plane hitting the reinforced wall. The initial impact would have punched the hole but in doing so lost enough momentum to limit the damage caused by the wings as they impacted on either side. The fact the glass wasn't broken above the hole could be due to the bright spark who realised that if you're going to put a wall that is seriously sturdy you also need to install complementing reinforced glass.

Most of the plane debris could have been heavily fragmented at impact and burried in the building.

In any case, I have absolutely no expertise in any field relating to US military building secrets, plane crash site investigation or molten fragment vectoring (does anyone here?), so it's only a mental puzzle with the info I have. I suppose it's all about how much we trust the information we get given by whoever supplies it (governments, conspiracy theorists, the media, bloke down the pub etc.) And if I really wanted to be cynical I could say this is Kerry whipping it all up to get revenge for that character bashing that the Republicans have been implicated in... so I won't.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Several hundred tonnes or aluminium filled with another tonne or two (give or take) of kersosine travelling at 550mph.

Show me any building that can take that kind of punishment and stay standing...