FIX! 10% upgrade hang 1.07.01 bootloader problem

Guest hardcore

Guest hardcore

Good news everybody!

After a little hacking, there is now a new VoUpgradeUT.exe that can be used to upgrade those 1.07.01 bootloader roms without getting stuck at 10%! Its a hack of the VoUpgradeUT.exe that comes with the Greek Qtek upgrade. Turns out there was a mismatched password (similar fix as florin's fixed.exe).

This can be used to upgrade phones with the Imate ROM to the O2 ROM, for example. Theoretically it should be able to upgrade any ROM with bootloader version 1.07.01 or 1.07.02. As a plus, just like the Greek Qtek upgrader, it never gives you an "Error 117"... enjoy!

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk!

1.07.01 VoUpgradeUT-GR-fixed.zip

Guest adamos168
Good news everybody!

After a little hacking, there is now a new VoUpgradeUT.exe that can be used to upgrade those 1.07.01 bootloader roms without getting stuck at 10%! Its a hack of the VoUpgradeUT.exe that comes with the Greek Qtek upgrade. Turns out there was a mismatched password (similar fix as florin's fixed.exe).

This can be used to upgrade phones with the Imate ROM to the O2 ROM, for example.

THANKS A LOT HARDCORE FOR THIS FIX!!! I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH! MORE POWER TO YOU MAN! I SALUTE YOU! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HurricaneDave

Hardcore , you rock, :) i have been waiting for this solution for ages,,

i have tried EVERY possible combination of roms and upgraders etc trying to get this sodding imate rom of my phone and have failed miserably untill now .. THANK YOU 8)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest craig4wd

Holy Cow!! Thanks!! I've tried everything and I don't know WTF just happened but now my ROMS upgraded!! lol.

I've got an O2 Malaysian ROM and have tried evertything to get this upgraded. I just copied your upgrade to one of the many failed orange rom upgrade directories on my computer, ran it, hit the bunch of question marks on the left and voila, I'm upgraded.

Top stuff, thanks again.

Guest SKOOBICE

i went from a xphone rom back to a orange rom on my e200 by booting the phone into canary mode then running the update

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/q

WHAT IS CANARY MODE?????????????????????????

To enter the canary screen hold the record and power button when starting hte phone. you will be promtped to enter a button, dont, just wait. the phone will show a 3 colour screen

• 2 months later...
Guest babasid
i went from a xphone rom back to a orange rom on my e200 by booting the phone into canary mode then running the update

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HI I TRIED TO UPGRADE MY E200 AND ITS STUCK NOW. I TRIED DOWNLOADING

RUU_v2.62_OrangeUK_2.7.1.1_Ship.exe BUT IT DOESNT UNZIP. IM GETTING A PROBLEM TO UNZIP IT.(sOME INTEGRITY PROBLEM) I TRIED TWICE DOWNLOADING THE S/W AND HAVE THE SAME PROMBLEM.PLEASE HELP ME TO DO DOWNLOAD A FRESH COPY FROM A SITE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....

Guest babasid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HI I TRIED TO UPGRADE MY E200 AND ITS STUCK NOW. I TRIED DOWNLOADING

RUU_v2.62_OrangeUK_2.7.1.1_Ship.exe BUT IT DOESNT UNZIP. IM GETTING A PROBLEM TO UNZIP IT.(sOME INTEGRITY PROBLEM) I TRIED TWICE DOWNLOADING THE S/W AND HAVE THE SAME PROMBLEM.PLEASE HELP ME TO DO DOWNLOAD A FRESH COPY FROM A SITE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest niim

Hi all

Yes, it's very perfect utility!

At last, rewriting ROM from Qtek 8080 (1.9.14.1) to Orange SPV E200 (2.7.5.1) was made very successfully! ;)/

Without it i am getting error message... Don't remember exactly, unfortunately. ](*,)

Thanks hardcore & MoDaCo :-({|=

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mortenpe

Hi,

I upgraded to a Orange firmware (the file "RUU_v2.62_OrangeDK_2.7.4.1_Ship.exe") - and that rom seemed to have an earlier version of the canary bootloader screen 1.0.6.

Now i am not able to run any update with the "greek hack" update prog anymore. Is there any way for me to go back to 1.0.7 canary? (i think i have tried 10 ROMS now and concluded that the VoUpgradeUt.exe does not work with 1.06. The transfer looks like its starting but stick on 0%)

Anyone?

Edited by mortenpe

Guest mortenpe

Strange - i just did an unlock and was able to re-apply the same Orange ROM.

Now the canary was back at 1.07.02 - and i can upgrade using the modified VoUpgradeUt.exe again ;)

Can someone explain the link between the canary and the ROM update itself? Im just wondering how i suddenly got 1.06 canary and was not able to update..

• 3 months later...
Guest jutilo

Hi,

i have a o2 Xphone with a Qtek 1.9.x.x Rom. I want to Update to the newest O2-Rom but the Phone hangs up at 10%! I have the greek-tool to flash the rom. What can i do now?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest proxy_gsm
Good news everybody!

This can be used to upgrade phones with the Imate ROM to the O2 ROM, for example. Theoretically it should be able to upgrade any ROM with bootloader version 1.07.01 or 1.07.02. As a plus, just like the Greek Qtek upgrader, it never gives you an "Error 117"... enjoy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HE ! HE ! HE!!! it works really great.thx a lot "smartphone master hardcore".

proxy_gsm

• 3 months later...
Guest -=S-B-H=-

Just registered to thank for this fix my phone arrived today off of ebay and was in a bad state... and had no OS no matter wht i tried i couldnt get it upgrade to install tried this file and voilla it worked, thanks a million its all sorted now :) just need to fix my poor or no signal problem on orange which is odd...

AS i cant get the 02 settings for wap n GPRS n MMS to work properly

thanks again

Dave

• 2 months later...
Guest conleycrew3

that file has sent my pc daft!!

the windows froze and task manafer wouldnt do anything, all the question marks started flashing like crazy too?? it was looking like a virus!!

is there a way to actually delete that boot loader and start again??

i cant revert back to orange from some philipines smart amazin mobile rubbish software that i was messing aroubd with, cant find which version it is either now, im blocked out of my phone!!

no matter what i try im stuck with it, any ideas how to change my rom back to orange please?? this fix doesnt work on my pc / phone

i now have a paper weight that lights up!!

cheers

Ben

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My bootloader is 1.05

Already tried this patch and don't work!

Could any one give me a hand here? Please...

Don't write same post in 2 3D ok? :( Look other post...

• 6 months later...
Guest kreciolboss

i have 1.05 bootloader and when i start update it stuck on 10 % , any ideas how to solve this problem ? my spv e200 is form Denmark , does somebody have original orange Danish rom for spv e200 ? my spv doesn't work now only bootloader