Sending pics by bluetooth

Guest musicmen.co.uk

I've tried to send files using the default explorer. I chose send by IR from the menus. It actually searches for nearby devices (I can see the LED of my TDK Bluetooth adapter on my computer flashing because of the phone connecting to it during the inquiry/discovery process). Anyway, no device gets listed on the phone, so I can't actually send the file.

It works though with Smart Explorer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tojodick

Hi Guys, yet another who's having problems with this using my c500. I've tried via the inbuilt file manager, but never finds any other bluetooth device, & i've also tried using Smartexplorer with the same results.

A question for those of you managing to do this using Smartexplorer - when you send a file via bluetooth does it give you the option to send via IR, send via BT or both, as i only get a send via IR option.

I've used the latest version & an older install 1.05b i think, with neither working, but on saying i've used the latest version, after unistalling version 1.05b & installing the new one, it still shows up as being 1.05b in the propertys page.

I know its old news for you guys, but please, please, please help me out here, its driving me nuts.

Stewart

Scrub that, got it working via SmartExplorer after some file mods during active sync. No probs now.

Edited by tojodick

Guest jporch316

The best way I have found to send files via bluetoth is an application called - mobiluck. It works everytime I have tried - google it or search the forums for it

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sp218

Hi,

I'm new here.

I have problems sending files using BT with my C500, too.

I go to File Manager and try to send files through IR (BT), but I can find no devices around me.

The annoying thing is I try the same thing on my gf's C500 and it works!

My BT and beam setting are identical to hers.

I tried using Smartexplorer v1, but like tojodick I get no option for "send via BT".

How did you solve this problem?

I tried everything from turning on and off the phone to clearing BT devices and adding them again, but none of them seems to work.

Can anyone help?

Guest tojodick

Just a quick note an using SmartExplorer 2.02 after an install of an earlier version. I had problems with my phone still being unable to send via BT even after removing the earlier version. I had to use active sync to explore my phones files, & delete any remants of both installations before re-booting then installing the updated version before this worked.

Hope this helps

Guest sp218

Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't yet application-unlocked my phone, so can't use SE 2.02 but I will try doing that.

I still don't understand why my phone won't let the standard File Manager send files via BT, though. Anyone has any idea on this?

Guest tudor
Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't yet application-unlocked my phone, so can't use SE 2.02 but I will try doing that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think you need to app-unlock the C500 for this.

I cant send via BT to my v600 using any of the above methods.... MS sucks at BT has been so easy with other phones......

Anyone got a workaround????

Thx

Moo