C500 finally available on Orange Website with £50 credit!

Guest Rod

Just letting everyone know that the C500 is finally available through the orange website incase anyone was waiting. Also you get £50 credit if you order it from there which is a welcome suprise.

One problem I encounted while ordering though, it wouldn't let me pick any Orange World Access packages as it said the phone isn't compatible. Strange one. I'll have to ring and activate a package when I get the phone.

Rodney

I went into my local Orange earlier with the hope of getting one for my girlfriend, but their Friday delivery didn't have any. If it wasn't for the fact I want to use the 'recommend a friend' deal, she would buy online too. :)

Whoo hoo, ordered one so will hopefully be here soon. Good job I read this forum 'cause I had an email from Orange this morning telling me they don't know when the C500 will be in stock on the site.

Orange don't have much of a clue do they :)

Guest RickDawson

I went to the shop in stockport to get a c500, and change to contract from payg, but still keeping the same number, but they were out of stock...

They said that the top 30 stores will get priority of the stock. The shop in Stockport isn't one of the top 30 :x

see this thread for more info.

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=113776

can I order online, and keep the same number from Payg, and go to a contract?

Just before I posted this topic I was in an orange shop and was playing with the C500. I asked them could they match the online contracts because I had been waiting for ages and it still said coming soon. They went out the back and printed out C500 info from the orange site and told me to my suprise that they would match them. However it was from this printout that I noticed the £50 credit picture, and that the phone was now available! Quite lucky the way it happened.

He asked me was I buying it then and I said no I was gonna go home and get it online because of the £50. He put his hands on his head and cried "What are we supposed to do to be competitive!". While funny.

Guest RickDawson

I have orderd it online, its a better deal, than over the phone or in a shop. I wasn't sure if the online ordering process would let me keep my number from payg, so i phoned up and asked about ordering. she said that I could order over the phone, but not get the £50 credit. she said that I could keep my number from payg ordering online, and get the 50 credit. so I orderd it online.

The only thing is... it would not let me add a gprs bundle.

I suppose I will have to phone up once I have the phone and get it set up/ added to my account.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Yeah the GPRS thing also happened to me as I mentioned at the start. It's a strange one, of all the phones out there I think this needs GPRS more than most with PIE and Messenger.

The g/f and I went into Liverpool today on the off chance they had a C500 in stock. (I had been calling them all day yesterday and several times this morning, to check stock, but they weren't answering.) The shop was very busy but I caught the eye of the Branch Manager and asked about the C500. He said they did have some, in fact they had loads. They had duplicated the order, so received twice as many as they had expected. :shock:

To cut a long story short - an hour later we walked out of the shop having paid £79.99 for the phone; ported her number; got the online tariff (120 Minutes, 30 sms, £15 pm); £50 buyback for an old phone; and £75 between us using the 'recommend a friend' offer. So I'm well pleased! :P

We're now going to sell our E100 and E200 on Ebay! :)

Orange shops will give £50 trade in on an old phone (must switch on, no cracked screen, no charger required)

They will also give you £50 credit if a friend on Orange refers you. (They also get £25 credit)

So £25 monthly tariff (min to get phone for free) works out to be £200 per annum after deducting £100 credit. (Friend also gets £25)

Very cheap way indeed

i was just wondering (previously tried to write but page messed up) if i bought online and had a problem, can i take back to orange shop - Telford branch says no but surely they're not as backwards as O2 are, are they?

As far as Distance Selling Regulations go, they state:

Right to cancel

10.  - (1) Subject to regulation 13, if within the cancellation period set out in regulations 11 and 12, the consumer gives a notice of cancellation to the supplier, or any other person previously notified by the supplier to the consumer as a person to whom notice of cancellation may be given, the notice of cancellation shall operate to cancel the contract.

So if Orange online say the phone can't be returned to a shop, then it can't.

As for the Sale of Goods Act - problems have to be directed to the place where you purchased the product. So that would discount the shop too (if the product was bought online). Again, unless Orange online say otherwise.

I agree it isn't very customer friendly of them. If I buy a product from Woolworths in Southport, I expect to be able to return it to Woolworths in Crosby if it develops a fault. Most retailers will allow this. But the other scenario is complicated by the fact it is an internet order as opposed to simply a different store location.

Guest RickDawson
if i bought online and had a problem, can i take back to orange shop
I recieved the following in the confirmation email

If you need any help with your new phone or need any more information about Orange products and services go to www.orange.co.uk or visit a Phone Trainer at your nearest Orange shop. Your nearest Orange shop is located here

hmm interesting, thanx for the details guys. it's a toss up really by getting it over the internet and it possibly damaged in transit and sending it back thru the post (i've bought all my computer bits from t'internet, but i value my phone much more).

on the other hand i cud go into the shop, which is so much hassle........

INTERNET it is

Guest smason5

Hmm. I placed my order on Monday night and was hoping to have it by the end of the week. If you've been waiting since Saturday it'll be next week before I get mine.

Rats.

Stuart

Guest RickDawson

I have phoned Orange up to check the status of my order, and they were at the taking the payment stage (not shown on my online banking account)

I asked if it was known when I was likely to get it... she said to phone in the morning the and see if the payment has been taken, then I can get more info.

surely it does not take so long to do a credit check, and take payment (since last sat)????

got mine today, although the delay was due to me entering the wrong expiry date for my card :)

looking good so far, although i seem to have one with a large gap at the power button

Guest RickDawson
Hey Rick has yours arrived yet? Mine just arrived this lunchtime so get on the phone to them if it hasn't already arrived.
I recieved an email, and letter yesterday (thur 9th) I phoned up yesterday lunchtime, and said that the letter requires me to get a PAC code. I thought I did not need to get it, as I was still staying with Orange, from Payg to Contract (£15 / month). that was confirmed by the woman at the call center.

I also said that in the email, it says:

Dear Mr Dawson

We are trying to process your order but at present are unable to do so using

the payment details provided. Please could you call on 0500802080 quoting the

above reference, to confirm your details with us.

Kind Regards

Eric

Website Administrator

she re-entered my payment details and she said to phone back in 2 days to check that the payment has been processed... which is tomorrow (sat 11th)

So I'll phone back tomorrow, before I go to work (late shift from 12.30)

I feel as if I have been given the run arround by orange, and yet they stand to gain with me going into a contract.