UFF - how great: TinyGPS - an automated LBS event handler...

Guest lutzh

Guest flashflash

still not working for Mpx200 (WM2003)!!

Im gutted, sounds a great application. Always wanted some sort of Cell ID application. Oh well, hopefully they will sort it out soon... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The new version 1.02 is supposed to have :

TinyGPS 1.02 changes:

* feature: communication with MobilOK Home Screen

* feature: cell info cache

I've installed this new version but can't find the homescreen or plugin anywhere. Is this because it's the trial version? I'm definitely running 1.02 as it says this on the about page of the program.

Shaks

Pardon me but the homescreen is a seperate download on the mobil OK page.

So far I've found two bugs:

1 - Autostart only works if the program is installed on the phone not the memory card. Is the shortcut in the startup folder wrong.

2 - If you exit the program from it's menu, the background process is also killed so all logging/monitoring is stopped.

This program is really excellent and these are all very minor problems. We just need more flexibility with what events and then we're sorted!

SHaks

Doesn't look like you can format much yet. Is it Hardcoded?

Orange UK doesn't provide Cell ID so I get a empty line in the middle followed by the location. Wish I could seperate the location part so I could put that at the bottom of the homescreen and use the MS plugin for Carrier and time.

Shaks

You're having a tough time with this aren't you :) Orange UK DOES provide Cell ID - I'm looking at it now! You may find you need to Turn Flight Mode On then Off for the Cell ID info to start showing :P

Sorry what I meant was it doesn't give you extra information for the Cell e.g. Area Code and/or city town. You only get the ID number e.g. 40634 and Area Info e.g. 156. Other operators give more info.

Shaks

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Cancel last post, it autostarts from the sd-card.

But it does not change profile when autorun off the sd-card :) so everyone install to your phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed it on my c500 and it worked well. after the trial period I registered. And then it stopped working. It is strange, the phone stopped reading the cell id.

This morning I went to flight mode, then flight mode off. And it worked. Or so I thought. It was reading the cell id only once. when I left the displayed cell id remained. How can I restart the phone or the program to read the id again?

Guest Mike Wagstaff

I'm encountering exactly the same problem. The trial version worked fine, so I went and bought the full version - and now it doesn't pick up on location changes.

I've noticed that I can force it to pick up on changes by resetting the phone (i.e. powering off / on).

What version are you running? I'm on version 1.02, whereas I had an older version for the trial. Maybe a bug's crept in?

I've emailed the support address, so hopefully an answer should be forthcoming fairly soon.

I had to hardreset the phone because I had some trouble. After reinstalling tinygps it worked great. Until I registered it. Exactly until then. I'm gonna try the support line too.

Well, they' sent me a new version. I tried it, but I still had the same problems: no cell response. I mailed back and recieved version 1.03. unfortunately the same problem. I still have a e200 somewhere. I'm gonna try it there. It still might be the phone.

Guest Mike Wagstaff

Same for me. They've just sent over a second version, which I've just installed and will be putting to the test tomorrow morning.

I'm fairly certain that it's not the fault of the phone as the trial version worked perfectly on my C500.