C500 Cases

Guest lilson

Anyone been out and bought a case for their C500 yet?

I'd like something transparent and light weight. Can anyone recommend good UK case suppliers ?

Alternatively just something to protect the nice, shiney screen would be good.

Guest mavisdavis

The Cradle is for the XDA pictured to thr right of the C500.

The cases also look like the you get with the XDA. I don't think they're is anything available yet :cry:

Guest stclive

the orange rep said the case and cradle work for the c500 aswell

the text on the magazine also says its for the c500 too :)

u cant make out the text on the picture i attatched,

unfortunately

Guest stclive

thanks bigsoft, looks like a great case, cant wait till it comes out in the uk

however doesnt anyone think using the joystick will be tricky with it or any cover for that matter

thanks

Guest bigSoft

No worries.

In regards to the joystick, it appears that there is a cut out for the joystick. I think I can see the edge of the plastic cover just above and to the right of the joystick, which I guess would solve the issue of using the joystick whilst it was in the cover.

I can't wait either, although the credit card could use a break, what with getting a new phone + software + case, the list just goes on :)

Cheers.

Guest uzi_999

i managed to fit a phone skin for the nokia 3100 (i think, or any other nokia which i cant remember) onto my new SPV C500.. and i love it.. not a bit of dust under the screen.. the screen is completely scratch free and most of all its not one of them bulky cases.. i had to cut a rectangle for the joystick and a hole for the power button though... i cut the hole 4 the power button because once the button got stuck down because of the case but now there is a hole its almost perfect.. but to get the power button functioning again i used a knife to release it back out and now my power button is battered and bruised :'-(

just a quick tip on the magazine - It says its comes with the c500 - i queried it when i got my phone in the shop and they said it wasnt in the box. I then said will you give me one when they come in to which they said yes !. I got them to add "case to follow" on the recipt with the name of the orange rep who sold it to me.. Looks like im getting a free case and you all should be eliglible for one as its false advertising otherwise...

Guest bigSoft

Hi,

Ordered the Krusell SPV C500 case today from 3EDirect, spoke to a guy called Antony who could not actually tell me when it would be available but he indicated they hoped to have them in the next week or so (here's hoping).

I needed a K700i case for my girlfriend and they are going to send that to my straight away and when the C500 case arrives they will forward it. The best part is they are only charging me for one lot of delivery. Never dealt with them before but they were one of two companies that Krusell pointed me towards in the UK (the other did not bother to reply to my enquiries).

Fingers crossed that I do not have to wait very long for it, and I will let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

Guest the_ugly_north

bigSoft,

Be careful with 3EDirect they did a similar thing with me previously. One month later, nothing, so I cancelled the order. They seem to take orders with no knowledge of when they are getting stock...

They are taking orders for the C700 already :wink:

Guest spark-x

I know how good the Krusell cases are but i'd still like something even smaller!! with no belt clip ect.. just a very line layer of something to protect against little scratches - no drops ect..

Guest bigSoft

Thanks for the heads up ugly_north, I will keep an eye on the calender and the internet to see when the cases are available elsewhere so that I can give them a hurry up if needed.

Hopefully at the very least the K700i case should turn up shortly, which I suppose is a little bit of a test of their service in the meantime.

Will pass on details of the overall experience for others.

Spark-x, the Krusell is the best looking (and snuggest) one that I have seen so far, but it would be interesting to get the same case without the flap on the back as I reckon that would be sweet.

Might be tempting to get an extra one and unpick the stitching that attaches the flap to the main body of the case :wink: although that would leave those ugly snaps.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

I dont need a case that is at my belt. - (never used that bulky belt box for my SPV anyway - dont even know why they put it with it - it's a disgrace to all cell phone cases world wide)

I want an ALWAYS-on-my phone case. Preferable 90% see through. A case that is so thin that the form of the C500 will still show.

Transparent!!!! - So I can see the screen and push the buttons!!!

The phone doesn't do me any good in the big bulky box. It needs to be protected while I use it. and while all the honeys check it out. (joke)

The current belt case makes the mobile so bulky again! and has no use. This thing resembles; what did they call it; Kangaroo belly bag??? The bag you wear below your belly with the clip-on. where you put your cash, camera and passport when you are on vacation - this is like 80s Design!!!

We need something slim that fits around the phone. not a box!!. - we need a slip-on ,-))) (hey here is a cool name LOL)

So I still can put my phone with the transparent slip-on in my jeans pocket and take it out and use it, while it is still protected agains screen and case scratches!

Hope somebody reads this and makes it happen. - Thanks, Max

I agree.

I had similar issues with the XDAII.

Big o2 flight case made the already huge XDA even bigger.

Bought a JavoSkin from USA www.javoedge.com -

Awesome quality, looks and a nice handstrap too.

Just need someone to make one for the C500.

C500 Skin + handstrap ... PLEASE

For now I've ordered a clear case from www.m-99.co.uk

Here are some sizes in mm (length width depth)

108 46 16 - SPV C500

97 43 29 - 6510

102 43 20 - 3100

105 44 19 - 7250

110 46 22 - MyX7

106 48 22 - T300

109 46 20 - S45 Siemens

orange are bringing out a cover very soon

their are some on ebay at the moment but are not really designed for the spv c500

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...6321882819&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...6321850595&rd=1

i have added an attatchement so you can see how the orange case will look like

thanks

Why is the C500 on the business section ( Page 15) on the O2-uk network?