Movies on the C500... WOW

Guest simonbratt99

Guest simonbratt99

After my E100 movies, the C500 is SOOOO much better.

(ive added a movie clip near the bottom of page 1 of the c500 playing a movie clip)

They run at 23 fps at a resolution of 320x176, which means smooth video, beautifully clear, with good earphone sound.

Still PocketTV is the best, giving lots of options (ie rotate screen etc)

So far only downloaded the trailers from pocketmovies

(get the "i robot" trailer 320x176 as a good demo tester)

any other thoughts welcome...or sites.

si

Guest simonbratt99

well the trailers ive downloaded are already for the smartphone, (320x176)

I have tried the demo of "dvd to smartphone" which worked well, i think i will buy that, http://www.makayama.com/dvdtosmartphone.html

The demo lets you encode 5 mins of a dvd as a test, i tried 3 dvds with no problem

Now just need to find a 20Gb miniSD card

They may have updated the version but there were bad reports of "dvd to smartphone" not so long ago. Maybe try a search on Modaco and see the comments?

I just use Windows Media Encoder and Windows Media Player on the phone. Just had the I-robot trailer playing out, full screen and 'wide-screen' - looked great and only 4 meg.

I've bought the DVD-Smartphoine and used it to convert loads of dvds. It has never given a major problem to me at all, it just won't play 2 files one after each other properly unles you use task master to close the application and then open it again and load the file.

I have put ICE AGE and it took 76MB, Blade runner took 112MB, so I can fit 3 FULL MOVIES on my 256MB mini sd card!!!. Sound and video playback are amazing, it plays it sideways too utilising the screen better. It even fast forwards frame by frame if you want.

I thoroughly recomend it and have convinved many people to dump their brand new nokias!.

Having said that, even my old oroginal SPV beats the 6230 Nokia hands down and it's three models and 3 years old!!!!!!!

Guest simonbratt99

hi,

well the trailers i downloaded were 320x176 which made them seem like a wide screen movie, or force them to fit the screen misses off the edges,

is 220 better? would make a smaller file i guess

Just got my C500 today :P/

I ripped this movie trailer from my DVD and coded at high quality to see how the C500 coped and WOW, no dropped frames :shock:

It's coded in stereo too :)

This phone is VERY VERY cool 8)

Guest simonbratt99

im attaching a clips (1.5mb) of the i robot playing on my c500, bear in mind its actually clearer on the phone than the clip due to clip file size.

***** CHANGE CLIP TO .WMV TO MAKE IT WORK ********

Opps learning how to attach a file, be patient

SPV_C500 Movie clip.zip

Guest Phil Lee

I just ripped and encoded the whole of Finding Nemo using DVD Decrypter and PocketDixXEncoder. I set video quality to 2 and sound to 2 (32kbps, Mono) and the movie came to 103Mb at 220x124 (16:9). I then tried it with the sound set to 4 (64kbps, Stereo) and the movie came to 127Mb. I'm currently uploading the second version to my phone.

Just to see how far I could push the C500 with playing DIVX movies I decided to continually increase the video quality of the Spiderman trailer. The file was eventually about 6 MB's in size before it started dropping frames and I have to say the quality of video was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING - far better than the one I posted previously.

I wouldn't like to code a full movie with the settings buts the trailer is great to show off your phone (especially to Nokia owners :)).

Just waiting for my 512 MB mini SD card to arrive now 8)

ive found windows movie maker the best to convert had a borat avi ( 64mb ) and now its 31mb and good in picture and stereo sound, found pockettv too slow in mpegs and now use everything in mediaplayer , saves the space on the sd card for better things :wink: :wink: :wink:

If anyone wants to know how to get an extremely high quality trailer on the C500 using PocketDivXEncoder then this is what I did. It will be quite a large file (Spiderman is 6MB :shock:) but you can always delete it afterwards. It's just to show off really :wink:

1 Extract a trailer from a DVD. I used DVD decrypter (IFO mode).

2 Load PocketDivXEncoder. I am using the latest 0.3.50

3 Select Advanced Options and then click the Archos picture (last one)

4 Select Archos AV4XX series

5 click 2 pass, XVID and make framerate=25

6 Open VOB file for trailer

7 Video quality=60, Audio quality=4, Brightness=+30%, Sound=+60%,

8 Click 'Change' and make output dimension 220x176

9 Click Direct encoding

In Betaplayer make colours default.

The main problem now is finding some good trailers :)

Guest simonbratt99

thanks for that martin,

Im not sure why thats super high quality as the trailers i downloaded are of a higher res than that (320x176) and still run at nearly 25fps

thanks for that martin,

Im not sure why thats super high quality as the trailers i downloaded are of a higher res than that (320x176) and still run at nearly 25fps

The SPV screen is only 220*176 and coding at a higher resolution will not give you better quality. In fact you will get a less quality because the player has to do work to scale the video to fit the screen and this processing time could be better used elsewhere. The only way to improve the quality is to increase the amount of data used for each frame and unfortunately this means bigger files :)

i found both trailers quite jerky (spideman and rally one) Im using betaplayer.smartphone.UNSTABLE.0.091.exe  

Should I go for the stable betaplayer ?.

Cheers

There must be something wrong with your betaplayer settings :? I am playing videos with MUCH higher quality than those two and I am still not dropping any frames.

All I can suggest is to do the following:

Delete existing Betaplayer with Settings-Remove Programs

Re-install and load up Betaplayer 0.91

Options-Settings-Select Page-Player, change Normal buffer size to 2048KB

Options-Settings-Select Page-Colors, Select reset

Options-Settings-Select Page-Advanced, change Manual A/V offset to -250

File-View-Zoom, Select 100%

That was all the changes I made (I think)

There must be something wrong with your betaplayer settings :? I am playing videos with MUCH higher quality than those two and I am still not dropping any frames.

All I can suggest is to do the following:

Delete existing Betaplayer with Settings-Remove Programs

Re-install and load up Betaplayer 0.91

Options-Settings-Select Page-Player, change Normal buffer size to 2048KB

Options-Settings-Select Page-Colors, Select reset

Options-Settings-Select Page-Advanced, change Manual A/V offset to -200

File-View-Zoom, Select 100%

That was all the changes I made (I think)

thanks martin - looks much better now - now best get coding some movies !!