anyone got their c500 through ORA yet?

Guest davo141

hey, ordered the spv c500 through ORA, and was wondering if anyone else has?

i've been waiting for over a week now to receive my phone. they have all my bank details etc, and just waiting for an email telling me if i'm getting the phone or not..

is there a way or checking if they have the phone in stock yet or not? as i would rather know if they do or dont. cheers people!

ordered my C500 off the net cos i'm out 7am-6pm every weekday working and weekends i'm just lazy.

NEway i ordered it Monday (6th September) and i rang them wednesday on 0500 80 20 80 to check the status (quoted ref given in conf. email), said it needs to be processed.

Rang them again yest (friday) and they said credit checks are fine and should be picked monday and delivered tuesday.

so i cud still be waiting for a while yet too......

----EDIT----

Just rang OCS and they said its out for delivery and i should get it tuesday - was gonna cancel and get it from a store instead - but now i don't need to - roll on tuesday

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

Shop @ MoDaCo have a quantity on order from ORA as soon as they are available we will have them on our shop, prices will be the same as ORA.

We also hope to be amongst the first to have the C500 PAYG phones available, again watch he shop for details as they both will be selling like hot cakes.

Shop @ MoDaCo :)

Guest RickDawson

Too much phoning Orange up. being passed from department to department. I now know the department for checking the status of order(s)

0500 80 20 80 option 2

I've ordered a 256mb mini sd from ebuyer. It should be here by thursday.

I think it will be, as the last order I had from them came a day earlier than was stated (I always use standard shipping).

Guest TheWeasel

I ordered my one on Sep 1, they said, they wil start delivery in 2 weeks. today I sent them an eMail, no response yet. No status mail from them, no personal delivery info on their website possible. From what I read now here, it takes another two weeks until they have it on stock. Seems, they really have a lousy service :)

hey, ordered the spv c500 through ORA, and was wondering if anyone else has?

i've been waiting for over a week now to receive my phone. they have all my bank details etc, and just waiting for an email telling me if i'm getting the phone or not..

is there a way or checking if they have the phone in stock yet or not? as i would rather know if they do or dont. cheers people!

Could you please tell me what's the website of ORA? Cheers!

Here is the Ora Site

You should also read this from their website.

**IMPORTANT NOTICE **  

14 September 2004

Dear Customers

Thank you for your interest in purchasing an unlocked C500.  

Due to the very high level of demand for this handset and subsequent manufacturing lead times, we are currently experiencing delays of up to 4 weeks for supply.  

Please rest assured we are doing our best to secure supplies of the handsets on behalf of our customers but unfortunately the lead times are out of our control.

If you wish to place an order or have already placed an order please read the frequently asked questions below. If your question is not answered then please email our Developer Handset Team at [email protected] and we will respond directly.

In the meantime we will continue taking orders on this site so that we accurately forecast demand. All orders placed will receive priority allocation when the handsets are received.

Please note the following:

- YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL THE HANDSET IS SHIPPED

- YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL BEFORE WE CHARGE YOUR CARD TO CONFIRM THAT THE HANDSET IS STILL REQUIRED

We will update this information as soon as we received further information.

Thank you for your continued patience.

The Developer Handset Team

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

HOW LONG IS THE DELIVERY TIME?

Please allow 28 days. We have experienced huge demand during the launch which the manufacturer is struggling to keep up with. If you have not received your goods within this timeframe, please contact: [email protected]  

I HAVE PLACED AN ORDER BUT DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL ORDER CONFIRMATION -HAS MY ORDER BEEN RECORDED?

We have experienced some problems with the order confirmations which should now be resolved. However, if you have not received an email confirmation within 24 hours you should contact us at [email protected]

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF MY ORDER?

You will be advised by email before you handset ships. We will provide general information on the web page. For details of you specific order please email the team at  

IS THE WEB PAGE SECURE?

The URL https://www.ora.co.uk/orangeSPV is secure. Please ensure the URL begins with https:// (not http://). Some third party links to our site do not point to the https:// address above.

WHEN WILL PAYMENT BE TAKEN?

Payment will be taken upon despatch of goods.

WHERE DO I SEND THE HANDSET IF IT IS FAULTY?  

The handsets are covered by a 12 month warranty but must be returned at your cost to ORA. The handset will be repaired or replaced at the manufacturers discretion. A Returns Authorisation Number (RAN) must be supplied by ORA BEFORE the handset is returned (please contact us at [email protected] to obtain your RAN). You will need to provide proof of purchase or your original order reference number.

CAN THE HANDSET BE RETURNED TO AN ORANGE SHOP?

These handsets are certificate and SIM unlocked at the factory and are made available for software developers. They are not available through any retail shops and therefore must be returned to ORA.

HOW LONG IS THE WARRANTY OF THE HANDSET?

Warranty is for 12 months from the date of shipment.

WHAT COLOURS ARE THE HANSDETS AVAILABLE IN?

Handsets are only available in black, black or black (see images)!

IS THE HANDSET SIM FREE?

The handsets are supplied SIM free and are not locked to any network. They will work on GSM 900, 1800 and 1900 networks.

WHAT IS THE GSM FREQUENCY OF THE HANDSET?

The handsets are Tri-Band (GSM 900, 1800 and 1900) and will therefore work on virtually all GSM networks. Please check with you preferred operator before purchase. Further technical specifications for more detailed information.

Just contacted Ora and got this response: -

"Unfortunately I have to inform you that the delivery date for the SPV C500 developer handset has been changed due to manufacturing changes, delivery has been delayed. We are expecting to receive a bulk delivery on the 19th of October. This means that you should expect to receive your order within a week of that date. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this delay may cause. Payment will not be taken until your order has been despatched" :)

This despite being told originally two to three weeks (from the 2nd of September). :x

Having said that I am still going ahead with the order as it will be some time before these appear here in Australia.... :roll:

Guest TheWeasel
Just contacted Ora and got this response: - 

"Unfortunately I have to inform you that the delivery date for the SPV C500 developer handset has been changed due to manufacturing changes, delivery has been delayed.Having said that I am still going ahead with the order as it will be some time before these appear here in Australia...

Well, maybe this means that they already reacted on th first reported hardware issues --> dust under the screen, and we will get at least a 2nd release version of it.

You didn´t ask them what the "manufacturing changes" mean in detail, did you?

You know what happened don't ya. Paul bought the whole stoke for Modaco from Ora.. so now they have no more for their waiting list.

=P

Ps. i got my silver spv c500 hahahaha (sorry.. i just felt like saying it)

The law of sod has just hit home. My C500 from ORA has just arrived (ordered on 2nd Sept).

Only problem is that I had gotten fed up waiting and bought another from the Modaco shop!

..and to make matters worse I emailed ORA to say 'stuff it' this morning too.

Fortunately I have a colleague who has bought it from me, so it's not all bad.