anyone got their c500 through ORA yet?

Guest davo141

... and it gets worse. It appears ORA have sent me a normal contract phone. Sim Locked to Orange, not application unlocked.

EDIT : I have just rang ORA, who gave me a number (it says XDA accessories on the recorded message!). I spoke to someone who told me that they will supply the unlock code. I'm waiting for a phone call - she told me it would be 45 mins to 1 hour.

The number is 0800 3894516.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cruro02

Well finally gave up on ORA and cancelled my order with them. The best they could offer was "possibly shipping" my order on the 19th of October (seven weeks after I placed my order). The i-Mate SP3 and SP3i are being released here in Australia on the 21st of October. Given the long delays from ORA and reports of them shipping SIM locked units and the wrong power supplies I decided they simply weren't reliable so I cancelled my order.

I've pre-ordered an SP3i from a local distributer who will ship on the 21st so I should have it on the 22nd (and have local support etc...)

Anyway - just my story....

cruro02,

The i-mate SP3 is in stock in expansys. Maybe you want to take a look.

By the way there is a new message up on ORA site.

Due to the very high level of demand for this handset and subsequent manufacturing lead times, we are currently experiencing delays in supply. Our next shipment is due in two weeks time and we will begin shipping from Monday 18-October-2004. 

We expect sufficient stock to fulfil all orders received up to at least 01-October

I ordered on 5th Sep so I decided to wait as SP3 from expansys is very expensive in Belgium.

Guest ammo_collector

Ordered early Septermber, got mine mid last week. Sent an email for the unlock code on Friday, it came on Tuesday. Still waiting for the US charger though.

Guest cruro02
cruro02,

The i-mate SP3 is in stock in expansys. Maybe you want to take a look.

By the way there is a new message up on ORA site.

Thanks Vazz, thats who I've ordered from here in Oz, they tell me they will have stock here on the 21st, so with overnight shipping i should have it in my hands on the 22nd...

• 3 weeks later...