Is it risky to use usb charger??

Guest Coolbox

Hi

I have just made a hardreset to my mpx200 with full battery and it works great(holds 3 days while I was using it alot) :) but I have read somewhere that it isn't so good to use the usb charger so I was wondering if it is safe to let the phone stay connected to my computer while working so it doesn't drain the battery?? :?

And how much does it help to let it stay connected to the computer??

yes exactly that is what I want to do but I have read that the usb charger for pc sync. wasn't so good. I will try it anyway....and if it works for the E200 why shouldn't it work for the mpx200?? :)

Its my understanding that if you were to drain the battery and try and charge off the USB, you wouldnt get quite as highly charged charge parse'

Just my interpretations of things ive read that if you want a full charge etc always use the charger, but for keeping topped up etc, while your working and that as everyone else has concluded its fine to use.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Nope, depending on the power of the USB the charge time

will change but not the final result.

I very rarely use the mains charger and still get 3+ days charge etc :)

Thanks thats perfect cause very often I am away from working for the whole day with only my laptop and phone so it is very convenient to use the usb charger....Thanks very much.

Am i the only paranoid person on here? I always like to have mine as full as poss so i charge everynight regardless of what level it's on. You never know when you might need to play Duke3D for a few hours!

When i first got my phone i always used the USB and I have no prob, but i find it that it charges quicker when attached to the wall... And what battery are you using for 3 day charge:shock: is it the stock battery or a aftermarket replacement? Cuz i get 2 day if im lucky and thats when i dont use it alot, if i use it alot its a day at best.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Standard battery with the full charge before Hard Reset trick.

remember if you are a poor to non existant reception area

ie large buildings, underground or valleys etc

the battery will last less as it will be constantly hunting for

a signal.

I have already done a hard reset with full battery because my phone was seriously messed up before, but could you recomend a good site to go to to get an extended battery becasue the reps at the ATT store by my Apt are useless lumps of human matter...

I saw this thing in the phone shop yesterday. It's just a thin strip of film, kinda looks like a camera film. You attach it to your battery and it supposedly prolongs battery life by 50%. And it only costs RM8!!! (which is about USD 2.00).

Have bought it but yet to use it. Will update later.

Guest awarner [MVP]

These battery extenders have been discussed here before, there

is no actual proof that these things actually do anything.

They appear to be more of a gimmick similar to the ariel

boosters you can buy.

Guest tehdarkstar
Standard battery with the full charge before http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset trick.

remember if you are a poor to non existant reception area

ie large buildings, underground or valleys etc

the battery will last less as it will be constantly hunting for

a signal.

I have hard-reset my phone with full battery but it isn't able to last more than two days. My home is at a poor signal area, but the major part of the day I spend at office and downtown Milan, which is very well covered.

I hope the MPx220 gets better battery life.

Cheers.

tehdarkstar: can't you just charge it at your office then?? I do that now and I am never under 2 blocks even when I juse my phone very much. I play mp3 music on bike, 8 km to the university and back again. I play games as well.

I have read that it might give some bad results if you have your phone in the wall charger when you hard reset, did you do that??

I guess the $2.00 wont hurt the wallet :?, so i will play the part as a fool and try it out. is there no available battery upgrade cuz there is not enough room for one or is it because of the type of battery.. thanks for your help.

Peace