my sda came in today...

Guest lutzh

hi there,

another great device made its way to me today - the t-mobile sda! as we all know it is based on the already famouse (and mostly out of stock) typhoon c500 but comes with a joystick and a little modified look like the extra keys for t-zones and mail. first impressions: even more beautiful! it looks like the screen comes with 262k resolution (can't confirm it since it is nowhere in the specs, but it looks much more brilliant and has "the mpx220-effect" - clearer, crisper, more beautifuler). any other changes? only one thing: 5 way joystick is very nice to handle and you can put other applications on soft key number two (the right soft key) that usually comes with "contacts" - make it "file-explorer", "messenger" or whatever you most like. here come some pictures made with my not so famouse office web cam. hires pictures will follow later tonight...

the phone is still a testing device and not a released version btw....

cheers, lutz

they will announce it tomorrow officialy and then i guess i'll get one :-)

i'll let you know then.

phone rocks but comes with - guess what - the gapi issue ;-)

cheers, lutz

cheers, lutz

Streuth! I guess this means we can't blame it all on Orange anymore. HTC are obviously behind the 'blunder'!

they will announce it tomorrow officialy and then i guess i'll get one :-)

i'll let you know then.  

cheers, lutz

Um..what is the gapi issue by the way? :oops:

Do the sp3i have the gapi issue?

Hey lutzh (and anyone else who might know :wink: ) , can you give

me some tips of "safe" sites that will sell the i-mate sp3i

(or is it just sp3i when it's sim-free?)

We are two people here who really like that phone :)

Really looking forward to hear what you think about it.

cheers, lutz

does it have all the other bugs of the C500 like unalbe to record video in mms, no voicedial with keypad lock, cant voicedial with wired headset, etc. Remember there is still no fix for these bugs yet. I find it amazing they are even considering releasing another phone with these known bugs, at least orange apparently found out too late, what does this say about this platform? Is it just inherently flawed or just down to HTC's incompetence? It would really be nice to have a phone which actually functions as advertised. And how can T-mob say this is a gaming phone with the gapi issue unresolved? Better battery life on its own does not make a good phone

this fone is called sda business - haven't heard anything or anyone calling the sda a gaming device - thats number one. second is: this is a prerelease with a beta rom on it, i don't know how the final rom will be or look like in that specific point. i'll give my advise to t-mobile you can be sure about that. also i know that fixes from orange are on its way, most of the issues you name here are already fixed and it is just a matter of short time until you will have your hands on the fixes.

i'll test the voice dial/key lock thing later on and let you know. because of the fact that the sda is a typhoon (and says it is a typhoon when you boot it up) i am very sure that all the bugs we namend in the c500 are there in the sda at the moment :-) question is will t-mob fix them before release or after ;-) i don't know but i know how hard t-mob was playing before they desided to release a wm smartphone so i expect the issues to be solved before the phone is released.

cheers, lutz

Hi lutzh, im sure i read some promo stuff saying something about being suitiable for gaming but it doesnt make sense to me to release a device with such a bug but as you are on a prerelease rom it may be fixed before release. Its good to hear most of the current c500 bugs have been fixed and I do hope tmob fix as many bugs before release, im a bit frustrated as the typhoon would seem to be fhe ideal devce for me but dont want to have to wait ages for basic things to work, fingers crossed that tmob and htc get things sorted, thanks for your feedback :)

you are welcome, buddy. be sure that orange is already testing something for your pain and i am very sure that tmob will integrate the fix before they release the sda. again it is called sda business. tomorrow they will announce the sda music - a smartphone that looks more like a mp3 player, is directly connected to tmobiles music service and will make all the kids go nuts...

cheers, lutz

the weather plugin comes from mobilok (mobilok.com). its not free but worth its money since it is an aboslute eye catcher for the ladies (ok not only as you can see on your self). i love it!!!

its self made buddy. looks great on the black phone but to be honest i have used it on any previouse phone too no matter what colour it was. i once had it in dark blue but now in black. it includes the weather plugin and the gprs traffic plugin and that makes it really sexy from my perspective... if you are interested i can give you the code for the homescreen and the colour scheme.

cheers, lutz

if you are interested i can give you the code for the homescreen and the colour scheme.

that would make me a happy camper! :)

(oh gee im such a dork..."happy camper"? where do I pick up with this s*it...sorry, thinking out loud now..but it's late...very.. very late..)

Guest Oscar Mopperkont

@Lutz

According to the specs the SDA is 4mm thicker than the SPV c500. Since you have a SDA, can you compare the height of the two phones and confirm that the SDA really is 4mm thicker?

I was in an Orange shop yesterday and I compared the c500 with my T68i and it appeared to me that they had the exact same height, but my T68i is 20mm thick. That's why I am questioning if the c500 really is only 16mm thick.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit
@Lutz

According to the specs the SDA is 4mm thicker than the SPV c500. Since you have a SDA, can you compare the height of the two phones and confirm that the SDA really is 4mm thicker?

I was in an Orange shop yesterday and I compared the c500 with my T68i and it appeared to me that they had the exact same height, but my T68i is 20mm thick. That's why I am questioning if the c500 really is only 16mm thick.

Yeah, Lutz,

That would be great if you could do that for us for both devices your SDA and i-mate sp3. Thanks.

Maybe you even have on of these messuring tools, which give the excact mm measurement.

Thanks, Max

Guest Oscar Mopperkont

I asked someone to measure its c500 and the official measurements aren't right:

Official: 108x46x16

Reality: 106x45x17

So now I'm even more interested in the real measurements of the SDA.

its self made buddy. looks great on the black phone but to be honest i have used it on any previouse phone too no matter what colour it was. i once had it in dark blue but now in black. it includes the weather plugin and the gprs traffic plugin and that makes it really sexy from my perspective... if you are interested i can give you the code for the homescreen and the colour scheme.

cheers, lutz

Hi mate would u be able to post the code for the homescreen in the pic with the weather plugin and the other,Also could you post the default SDA homescreen with the different font,Thanks

Hi mate would u be able to post the code for the homescreen in the pic with the weather plugin and the other,Also could you post the default SDA homescreen with the different font,Thanks

Please :lol: :) :lol: :lol: