TomTom Mobile Review & How2 Guide Now for C500

Guest awarner

Guest russhill

To be honest, Tom Tom Mobile was installed on the phone (well the memory card) when I bought it second hand. I've only just got a BT GPS device though...

Guest awarner [MVP]
Has anyone tested this with the C600? Also what is the best gps to get?

Yes Paul has had it working on his C600, as for the best GPS? it's a bit pointless looking at different units as TomTom for the Smartphone is only available with the TomTom GPS and is not sold seperate.

Guest nickcornaglia

I boycott TomTom for their terrible customer service and for not carrying TomTom Mobile 5 with US maps. But Navigator 5 is available in the US/North America. It just doesnt make sense as they are basically the same maps. Stupid.

Guest the-jackal

OK so where is the best/cheapest place to get TTM? I have been promising myself SAT Nav for ages. Also is it worth getting it for the mobile or is just as easy to get the actual tom tom sat nav kit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TR7Nutter

Hi all,

I've been reading through this thread and can see a number of people that seem to have had the same problem as I have, but I can't see anyone has spelt out the answer - so please help !!!

I have a C500 and BT-77 GPS receiver. TomTom Mobile 5 is loaded fine, but can't seem to find the GPS receiver. The device is paired and when checking the BT Serial Port config, I can see both Inbound and Outbound are checked, but the ports both say COM6 (can't seem to find any way of changing this - ideas ??).

Anyway, any ideas to save my hair (it's rapidly deminishing through being torn out !!)

Cheers

Guest TR7Nutter
Does the TomTom GPS unit work ok?

or is it just this other one you are having a problem with?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't have one anymore - replaced it with BT-77 as I was told it was better. Certainly worked better with my old setup (as I think most have found on this thread) - so any tips ???

• 3 months later...
Guest razzler

Hi,

@TR7Nutter... Try this :-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?...ewtopic&t=12719

It appears there is a bug with the C500 COM port setup!!

One or two of my m8's have had problems with this on various navigation software/hardware configurations & this has worked in nearly all cases.... :)

In theory ANY Bluetooth GPS hardware should work with ANY navigation software....

Edited by razzler

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sameerabedi

Can someone please help...

I've had to hard reset my C600 and TomTom is no longer working!

It loads up as normal but when I select the Great Britain map it shuts down!

Any ideas how to fix this please???

thanks

It's ok, I managed to sort it out!

Edited by sameerabedi