c500 vs. SDA - the battle of the giants :-)

Guest lutzh

hi there,

now that i have both fones here i thought it would be good to bring them on one picture. now i don't tell you whats the better fone - thats up to your own taste. i only prefere the joystick instead of the c500 navigation key. get your own point of view here...

cheers, lutz

How about a reivew of the handset? would like to get some opinons on the set regarding to the overall performance and how it is compared to the buglist of the C500, I know that it is quite a project, but just in case you had the time and will to do it... :)

just 5 words, lars: its exactly the same hardware except for the joystick. and its exactly the same software except of the orange incrediences. so the same bugs :-) -> gapi issue is there. what elese do we have on the c500 buglist? multipress? how to test it?

cheers, lutz

thanks, midnight - as expected there's only one one showing up when you press a key and it goes back to zero when you press a second one, so no multiple input possible. not with keys nor with the joystick...

cheers, lutz

whats that weather prog you have on the c500 ?i prefer the c500 for the matt look as the sda looks very plasic , but has the joypad sadly no inbetween yet :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

Both phones look great with the SDA looking a little T610 for me, my question is tell me a little more about the GPS unit please, it looks as good as the phones :)

Guest londonlad
whats that weather prog you have on the c500 ?i prefer the c500 for the matt look as the sda looks very plasic , but has the joypad sadly no inbetween yet  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

except the sp3i 8)

i dont think the sda looks plasticky, but im sure grubby marks are gonna show well on it, as it did on the t610.

depends on the price but im going for the sda for the joystick and that cool thingy that you can hang a strap on the bottom right.

@peekie: its the mobileOK homescreen plug-in, that you can download from mobilOK but you need to buy the mobilOK world traveler application for the data to show up on the homescreen - nice wow factor for everyone that gets his fingers on my phone, something to impress the nokia lovers too :-)

@Shop @ MoDaCo: its the SysOn Bluetooth GPS receiver from SysOnChip. fits pretty good to the c500/sda because of the same black finish...

@londonlad: you really like to use the strap on the sda? and then hang it around your neck or carry it on your wrist? sorry, but this will look gay :-)

regarding the plastic looking front of the sda - yes i like the more stealth like finish of the c500 better but hey, thats always a question of taste.

the joystick makes the biggest difference between both phones...

cheers, lutz

Guest midnight
can the e200 handle multiple key press (joystick + keypad) ?

If you post the app i'll try it.

One good thing is, at least its not a hardware thing.

The E200 handles multipress just fine

Errrr, and it is a hardware thing, its part of the circuitry that doesnt allow multipress

Guest Jasonkruys

Nope you don't need it. Its just a more sensitive receiver.

"The XTrac software/firmware basically acquires a fix on the stronger satellites first, but then continues to attack the weaker satellite signals to build a bigger picture, and works hard at bringing in a fix for the weaker satellites. This means that TTFF time can be extended in some cases or continuous, and due to this you may experience a brief lag on a map depending on the software you use when you are using your GPS Receiver in XTrac mode. But why bring in more satellites that are weak ? Well if you're in heavy foliage or in a covered car park, you will probably not be able to receive a fix. If XTrac can sniff out the weaker signals and over time give you a better fix, then when you are under cover you may still be able to receive a fix. It's all about sensitivity"

Just the latest standard...

Pocketgpsworld has more.... http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/xtracornoxtrac.php

Guest londonlad
you really like to use the strap on the sda? and then hang it around your neck or carry it on your wrist? sorry, but this will look gay :-)

cheers, lutz

on you maybe, lol, but definately not with my nike tn one

Guest londonlad

huh? the only thing thats pink is that one little button (which ive said before, i intend to scratch out or something)

are you saying that the strap that comes with sda (if there is one) is pink or somethin?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
now that i have both fones here i thought it would be good to bring them on one picture.

thanx 4 comparison, Lutz. I have just one question though: is it possible to change language in T-Mobile SDA to English, so that all menus, etc would be in English?

(I know German a little bit, but I know English better)

hi jacek,

the sda has the following languages on board (its still a beta rom but it looks like it will be on the final release version too):

- turkish

- czech

- dutch

- italian

- francaise

- german

- uk english

- us english

cheers, lutz