What kinds of SP apps do you want but cannot find it now????

Guest CEO

Well i would really much like to see a program like WORD or EXEL very useful prog!!! :)
There is an app called Clearvue to view documens in ppt, doc and xls format. It is not capable of editing them, but then again I wouldn't try editing an xls or ppt without a mouse or at least a touchscreen.

It does work pretty good, opening documents and all.. but I think the screen to be too small to read documents. It's inconvenient.

I'd pay for sure if someone would come up with an app that can let you use a external hard drive or external cd/dvd-rom drive through the Mini USB of the MPx200!!!!!!!

Pigo

Guest Colonel Trouble
I'd pay for sure if someone would come up with an app that can let you use a external hard drive or external cd/dvd-rom drive through the Mini USB of the MPx200!!!!!!!

Even better : an app that would allow me to use my ipod as an external HHD for the phone for example to be used for storing movies and stuff that the phone can use as well as mp3s ...the ipods use usb as its connector to the pc , so someone should be able to modify an existing ipod usb cable and attatch a mini usb bit on the end , then its all simply down to the programming.

I agree. That would be nice aswell but I'd love an external notebook harddisk! small en a huge amount of space.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if anyone can do get this to work for me then i'd really pay you well!!!!!

Guest Osiris

I want a password manager, imn sure there are commerical ones out there but I havent come across any free ones.

Use to have a Java one for my Nokia7650 it was great, wish I could find a nice freeware one around for these phones, just something to put my passwords in etc, and be able to call em up at once in the one app. Bes tI can do is put em in textfiles and bury them in a directory on the SD or IPSM, but an app would be sweet.

Guest ZaeK-666

A FREE program to send files by bluetooth.

And a profile manager which automaticaly switch profiles when your phone is using a selected gsm antena.

Guest fozzie
A FREE program to send files by bluetooth.

And a profile manager which automaticaly switch profiles when your phone is using a selected gsm antena.

Both of which already exist! File Explorer and TinyGPS.

I would like a TV Guide app like the version for the PC http://www.digiguide.com/ but i would like it so that their is a pc side to the app where when you sync the phone it will detect net connection and automatically retreive the updates and put them on the phone so that no GPRS is involved,Im sure that in digiguide you can add to it with plugins so their could be a smartphone plugin for it that retrieved the updates.

Guest shadamehr

Both of which already exist! File Explorer and TinyGPS.

Let me clarify on behalf of the community wanting this then...

What we want is a piece of software, which, once installed, allows simple sending of files VIA A CONTEXT MENU OPTION that installs globally...

In other words, instead of having to go into the file transfer app (File Manager etc), and find the file (BY NAME - ERGH!) and send it, you instead, FIND THE FILE FIRST, in whatever way you want, say in the Album etc, in thumbnail view - then when you click the menu button while viewing it, you have an easy option to Send Via BT.

Er, pretty much like every other type of handset out there *lol*

THIS is the bit we need!

I'd also like to see something that makes it as easy to send, receive, and read simple bluetooth text notes, as say the Nokia 6230 does.

Finally, some PROPER Bluejacking software - like the one for the Symbian OS that lets you set up all your details and info etc, and notifies you every time it spots a new BT device in range - active searching in the background - sure it must kill ya battery though!

So, that's my list of DYING TO SEE software for the Smartphone that currently doesn't exist.

Guest fozzie

Ahem, 'PROPER Bluejacking software'?! Unleashing the power of the Smartphone............. :roll:

You're happy with TinyGPs though? "Thanks for the info." "Not a problem." :)

Guest pacey2g

U do know dat if u put an appointment in ur calendar and class it in th meeting category, then set ur profile 2 automatic it wil switch itself? i mean as in make an appointment 9-5 n call it work, and set the category 2 meeting, then change 2 auto profile and btween 9-5 it wil switch itself 2 the meeting profile and this works on all smartfones inc. mpx i thnk ^_^ Posted from my SmartPhone!U do know dat if u put an appointment in ur calendar and class it in th meeting category, then set ur profile 2 automatic it wil switch itself? i mean as in make an appointment 9-5 n call it work, and set the category 2 meeting, then change 2 auto profile and btween 9-5 it wil switch itself 2 the meeting profile and this works on all smartfones inc. mpx i thnk :D Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest geckolizard

a free app to go on irc ? :roll: used smartirc.net 1.6 when i was still using wm2003 on my mpx200. reverted back to wm2002 and can't use that program because it lacks .net.

Guest nickwaring

I would really like an app which recognises the phone has external power and overrides the screen power management settings.

There is an app that was developed for the iPAQ 4150... just like this

Guest stretchie

As per shadamehr above..

They hav ehit the nail on the head a SIMPLE peice of software same format as 'File Manager' with the option to send by BlueTooth would be GREAT.. After reading the review of the C500 (which I now own) I downloaded (and even registered) 'SmartExplorer' because apparantly you can do this..

well I cannot. There is no option to send by BlueTooth.

I have managed inconsistently to send a couple of files by bt through the standard File Manager after selecting 'Send by IR' then it comes up (sometimes) with other BT devices. But providing it does not lock up it does not always let you choose which to send it to, it send to the first it finds. or when you do get to pick which one (from the device number as the names hardly come up) it again fails..

aaaaargh...

After reading the review of the C500 (which I now own) I downloaded (and even registered) 'SmartExplorer' because apparantly you can do this..

well I cannot. There is no option to send by BlueTooth.

So what do you think the "File", "6 Send & Receive" options "2 Send file by IR/BT..." and "3 Send sel. by IR/BT..." do then?

Please check your facts before slating a piece of software!

So what do you think the "File", "6 Send & Receive" options "2 Send file by IR/BT..." and "3 Send sel. by IR/BT..." do then?

Please check your facts before slating a piece of software!

?!?! it only says send by ir not by bt.....

i cant send by bt either!

Well then you're not running Smart Explorer! File Manager is the one that only says 'Send by IR' but once selected, you can use BT or IR. SmartExplorer says exactly as I typed above. Sounds like you're getting your apps mixed up. What's the version of Smart Explorer?

Well then you're not running SmartExplorer!  File Manager is the one that only says 'Send by IR' but once selected, you can use BT or IR.  SmartExplorer says exactly as I typed above.  Sounds like you're getting your apps mixed up.

I am using Smartexplorer!

1 send by email

2 send by infared

3 receive from ir...