Cool Blue

Guest RomanKeller

Guest dinoalbert

Hi Roman! nice update to your skin! I just downloaded the version 2.1 and read the instruction but I cant seem to find the Monitor folder from the fle you attached?

thanks..

Guest tedblight

hiya, i really like this skin and i'm half way there installing it but now i'm stuck

I've got the clock & monitor plugins workin fine, the media player skin is working but i'm stuck on how to edit the reg. for the remaining files.

they are currently in

StorageApplication DataHomeSystemskins

but i'm not sure how to change the reg edit (i only just managed to do it with the medaplayer)

I'm using a C500 - thanks

Guest RomanKeller

@dinoalbert

The monitor folder is in CoolBlue2_1.0.zip !

@tedblight

You have to edit the registry as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/.....

Guest tedblight

ok, i've done some but you need to give a little more info please...

please can u list all the reg than need editing as there is quite a lot in that folder. and I'm scared i mess up. thanks in advance

volume.gif = :VolDlg (i think thats right)

up.gif =

up2.gif =

down.gif =

down2.gif =

system.gif =

question.gif = :QuestionBox

oplogo.gif =

missedcall.gif =

bluedream.gif =

attention.gif =

Guest RomanKeller

Ok, I can support you with some details I know:

volume.gif = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:VolDlg/

(Open BKBitmapFile and write in value StorageApplication DataHomevolume.gif

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCONTACTS/

(Open BKBitmapFile and write in value StorageApplication DataHomecontactx.gif

question.gif = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:QuestionBox/

(Open BKBitmapFile and write in value StorageApplication DataHomevolume.gif

oplogo.gif = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:InformationBox/

(Open BannerImage and write in value StorageApplication DataHomeOPLogo.gif

attention.gif = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:InformationBox/

(Open BKBitmapFile and write in value StorageApplication DataHomeattention.gif

Guest SCIZZORS
Ok, I can support you with some details I know:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCONTACTS/

(Open BKBitmapFile and write in value StorageApplication DataHomecontactx.gif

The above file does not exist on either of the zip files. ^_^

"contactx.gif" -- roman if your reading this can you please send me the gif and also clarify this last step, there is no BKbitmap file in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCONTACTS

so do i create a new string with that value or what?

thanks

Guest mebobola

scizzors,

I have also been playing with this theme. I did have to create the new string value named BKBitmapFile and pointed it to system.gif. I also created a BKBitmapTransparent dword value of 16711935. It worked like a champ. I did this in the MSSTART key also to change the start menu. Next on to Calendar. Good Luck, Matt.

Guest SCIZZORS

mebobola,

ok kool just to verify, i dont want to mess up my resigtry so a little more detail.

The first 2 changes are made in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCONTACTS; where you created a BKBitmapFile and made it point to system.gif right?

then, you went menu, new value, DWORD

and typed in 16711935 for the value data..what was that value name?

then you did exactly the same thing for the MSSTART key? same with the dword value and name?

plz verify

Guest mebobola

Scizzors, I answered your PM. The value name is BKBitmapTransparent. It only worked for :MSStart and :MSCONTACTS. Didn't work for Calendar, not sure yet, still working.

Matt

Guest evans.rhys.gavin

i ran the exe from my pc pasted the jpeg and xml into home and all im getting with the skin is the homescreen no menus or media players anybody know what im doing wrong could it be that this skin was not designed for a c500 ??

Guest SCIZZORS
i ran the exe from my pc pasted the jpeg and xml into home and all im getting with the skin is the homescreen no menus or media players anybody know what im doing wrong could it be that this skin was not designed for a c500 ??

to evans.rhys.gavin:

this skin all all screwed up man. theres alot of registry tweeks and modifications needed to get what is shown on the main page. i really wish someone (the author MIA???) would make the extra screens (start screen, contact screen) a .cab file like they did for the stolen moblie skin.

Installed the skin following instructions, not sure what reg entries i need to change to sort the start menu background but thats no biggie for me

what is a biggie is now that i cannot lock my phones keypad with this homescreen, of unlock it once the keypad locks automacally after 5 mins, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest manocheese

It works fine on my E200, I installed it over the original orange homescreen, which I had to do one reg tweak for. Other than the one tweak it works fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.