Bluetooth / active sync double trouble.. help needed

Guest sblarsen

Guest sblarsen

Ok, after lots, lots and lots of trouble trying to get the C500 to even connect to my PC and vice versa, I actually succeded after forcing XP to use the drivers that were supplied with my USB Dongle (Acer) instead of the ones that came with XP SP2.

At the moment im using the Widcomm 1.3.2.7 Drivers.

However, Active sync still won't find my C500 when i do a "get connected" search for it.

When browsing my Bluetooth neighborhood, i CAN see my C500 and it DOES show C500 serial port COM6.

When right-clicking the bluetooth icon, in the taskbar and going into "advanced configuration" and looking at the tab "local services" The bluetooth serialport is set to use COM7 - So thats what im supposed to set as default COM in Active sync right?

My C500 bluetooth settings are also configured as "Incoming: COM6" and "Outgoing: COM7"

Both my C500 and my PC is set to be discoverable.

I'm really getting sick of this.. .im not one to give up easily on things like this, but i´ve spent nearly 5 hours now, and all i want to do is to be able to sync my data with my PC... Setting up bluetooth should'nt be a problem like this.. how is it ever going to be a mainstream means of communication?.

Tnx, anyone who might be able to help.