MPX220 at Best Buy on Monday!

Guest ryanworrell

Guest ryanworrell

I spoke to an employee at Best Buy (Madison, WI) He looked at his computer and said that the MPX220 has a street date of 10/3 (Sunday). He said that normally this means that it will be on the shelves on Sunday or Monday morning.

When I asked him why the computer said that there were no MPX220s at the warehouse yet, he said that there probably were. The computer just doesn't show numbers until the street day.

Here's my dilemma. Do I want for Amazon.com to get the phones? Normally phones are a lot cheaper on Amazon. But, who knows how long it will be before they show up on the site.

Monday can't come too soon!!!!!!

Guest McHale

not here in Chicago-land...

As of right now, Best Buy in Joliet and Fox Valley still are both saying Oct 14th thru 16th. They don't have any paperwork, flyers, dummies, stock, etc. and none are on tonight's truck.

So, don't get your hopes up. Not true here anyway...

-Mc

Guest Underdog_2k
not here in Chicago-land...

As of right now, Best Buy in Joliet and Fox Valley still are both saying Oct 14th thru 16th.  They don't have any paperwork, flyers, dummies, stock, etc. and none are on tonight's truck.

So, don't get your hopes up.  Not true here anyway...

-Mc

Same here in europe guess they'll have a world wide launch..

Guest bryankia

Just called Best Buy here in Oklahoma. The store employee mentioned that they received training on it last week and there next shipment is on Tuesday. So the earliest it can get here is the 5th.

Bryan

Guest ryanworrell

For those of you in areas where Best Buy people are getting trained please stop by and ask them what they are learning about the release dates. PLEASEEEEEEEE share.

so, were you able to pick one up? Most people seem to be saying Best Buy will have them on Oct 15, just wondering if perhaps the guy at the store near you was wrong... or if they do in fact have it.

Guest hodgear

No they told me they didn't have any yet. Last week I asked a different guy and he showed me on his inventory system that they should have them on 10/3.

Guest eight_tracks

The Best Buy inventory system sucks. They enter a date when the item is first put into the system and that in-stock date is never updated. Call any Best Buy (I work there), they don't even have them at the warehouse yet. The warehouse gets them and then they are shipped to the stores. Since NO warehouse (I checked them all this morning) has them in-stock, no store even has them on order yet. Looks like the earliest we may see them is about 10 days, which would be right on track with the mid-October date others are saying. Believe me, as soon as I see them being shipped to a store, or even on order, I'll make sure everyone knows.

-Eight_Tracks

I just called my best buy and the guy told me that they will be getting them tonight and they will be available tommorow. He asked his supervisor and I heard him answer in the background, he didnt waste any time, it didnt seem like a guess.

I think its funny how we are all going crazy over this phone, I hope that when it comes out its not going to be ridiculously expensive, because that would be quite disappointing. My best buy always tells me that they do not know the price..

the Best Buy on cobb had a tag of $350. I'm going to call the best buy in alpharetta again in an hour. the guy said they might selling them tonight or tomorrow. I'm not getting my hopes up, but i might as well try to get one.

Guest McHale

The Best Buy near me quoted me a price of 249. If it does go for 349, that imate sp3i almost becomes a no brainer!

-Mc

p.s. Motorola isn't really known for lots of FW upgrades where the imate seems to have them almost monthly. This is a big contributing factor for me.

Guest angeljo008
The Best Buy near me quoted me a price of 249.  If it does go for 349, that imate sp3i almost becomes a no brainer!

-Mc

p.s.  Motorola isn't really known for lots of FW upgrades where the imate seems to have them almost monthly.  This is a big contributing factor for me.

Yes but Best Buy is offering a $100.00 rebate from cingular--so it would in fact be $249.00 less taxes of course! :)

Guest McHale

ah so!

That rebate stuff is such a scam. They get you to "hurry and buy" before the rebate offer expires. Usually, when it does, they lower the price anyway because I don't know many who will pay 350 bucks for a cell phone anymore.

I'm kinda hopin' that it takes a little longer for the MPx220 to come out. Hopefully by then we will see what the price is for the iMate SP3i as well as see what's coming as far as new phones are concerned. I bet once that starts happening, we'll see that 350 drop.

-Mc

Guest angeljo008

I've never had a problem with rebates--in fact if you do it just right, you can double your rebate!! Especially with Best Buy--But you're right, it is all a matter of timing--

:)

I live in Newton, MA (12 miles west of Boston). I called every Best Buy within 50 miles of my zip (02466) and none had the 220 in stock. One store mentioned they might have it at the end of the week, another said check back next Monday.

the BB in Alpharetta did not get it in. I talked to 2 people, one guy actually knows what he is talking about. The other confused the mpx220 with the v220 or some other phone.

Guest angeljo008

Okay---talked to BB here in central Illinois and they said they do have it showing in their system, but no "street date" is listed for the release. The guy said to check back on the 8th to see if it is in then---Secondly, talked with Cingular--they sd that BB is one of their affiliates and that they sometimes will get new releases before the actual corporate stores do. I asked if I could upgrade at BB and they sd yes--Sooo---for all of you Cingular customers who don't want to wait until it comes to the Cingular stores and you are ready for an upgrade, you can go into BB and do your upgrade there. Hope this helps..

Guest McHale

Just checked in Westchester, IL and the Best Buy guy checked the entire Illinois area and the warehouses didn't have them. They had an expected delivery date of the 3rd (which has been stated much earlier) but nothing is in.

The best they could have it in, is the 14th or 15th which seems to be the going concensus...

Out of curiosity, angeljoe, where in Central IL are you? That's where I be...

-Mc

Guest angeljo008

Gibson City--The Best Buy I called was Champaign---All over Howardforums people are stating that their best buys are telling them to check back Friday morning--So it's either gonna be this weekend or next.....hopefully :roll: