Ext Lcd Bacgrounds!!

Guest gsr264

Guest angeljo008
oh man you shouldnt have told me you're a TRUCK guy and you still have a toyota :roll: ... Time to get a new F-150!!!

LOL!!! :lol: I like Ford too, but toyota has a higher resale value--besides, I'm a truck Gal!!! LOL!!! Thanks again--looks great on my phone!! :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest arogntbastrd

alright, instead of changing the color of the outside font (which can't be done to the best of my knowledge) does anyone know of a way to just remove it entirely so that you just see the picture

Guest TigerNet

...just received a 220 to compliment my SP3 and Jam...could someone be kind enough to make an external display from my avatar and tell me where to put it in the phone to display it...

Many thanks...

Cheers

Nick

Guest TigerNet

...now if I had read the FIRST post in this thread, I could have answered my own question!!!

...DOH...

Looks great now!!!

Cheers

Nick

Guest dchester
...looks great...is there a way to keep the external screen on all the time or at least for a longer period???

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To change the timeout setting for the external display, you will need to increase the value in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Controlpanel/Backlight/CMCS_SLCDTimeout

It is in milliseconds (ex: 60000 for 60 seconds). You will have to reboot the phone after changing it for it to take effect.

Guest chrisc28
To change the timeout setting for the external display, you will need to increase the value in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Controlpanel/Backlight/CMCS_SLCDTimeout

It is in milliseconds (ex: 60000 for 60 seconds). You will have to reboot the phone after changing it for it to take effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might be interested to know that my external backlight keeps itself on all the time and it just wouldn't turn off (isn't it what you guys wanted??). I haven't applied any tweaks to make it function this way. Guess it needs a soft reset now. :shock:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mvsmith07
I set the timeout to -1 and that seems to make it stay on permanently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be careful with this reg setting. The internal LCD display is also on, although it's just a white screen, while the external display is on. This is going to drain battery power.