MPX220 - Out in O2 UK Shops TODAY !!! (18/10/04)

Guest FAZZA

Just been to my local shop to get one!

Lovely Lady said they were out today but that they only get new stock delivered on Tuesday nights :D

So my local O2 shop should have some of these babys on Wednesday ^_^

Not sure about bigger O2 shops but they will prob. have them in. And to do a final check I went around all other makes of mobile phones shops and they dont even know what the phone is. :S

~FAZ~

Guest shadamehr

FAZZA,

I was about to add this as an entry in the NEWS section, with credit to yourself of course.

But I did a bit checking first, and the following O2 High Street Stores said:

Manchester Arndale Centre said "not in today"

Manchester Cross Street said "er, never even heard of that handset"

Birminham New Street said: "not heard of that one mate"

Metrocentre Gateshead said "we don't have any handset of that name in stock, nor have I heard of a release for it"

So I'm not saying the girl you spoke to was wrong. Just that it's not looking good so far.

And @ the other poster - the website is not a suitable indication - high street stores carry handsets for AGES before they sometimes make it to O2 Online...

(But if any of you get further information, let me know, and I'll act on it accordingly)

ah :D well this was in Middlesbrough o2 shop - I plan to go back on Wednesday as she said they dont get shipment for all phones until tuesday night.

Roll on Wednesday ^_^

went in again today to check, they looked at the order info for tonight and said there was no mpx220 on the list ^_^

I feel lied too, grr at O2.

I need a new phone!!!

Guest Grolsch

I asked at O2 in Cambridge today and they know nuffink. But there were only women working there. Looks like we'll have to wait another month for this fine "piece of ass" phone.

Well that journo hasnt done his research very well

The handset's UK networks have not been named, though sources close to Orange, for one, say that service provider is evaluating the MPx220, alongside Motorola's slimline, titanium-cased V3.

The V3 has been available on Orange for the last 2 weeks

no... saw the same lady that i saw on monday that knew about the phone... she said not its not come in ^_^ it could be sometime in Novemeber she said :D

Guess theres been another delay :S

Guest shadamehr

According to The Register, O2 have confirmed a DECEMBER release date.

Only problem is, it seems (at least for me) that The Register website is having problems, as I can't reach it...

Soon as I can, I'll post.

(And to explain how I know if the site is down - my weekly Register Email told me. Quote from it:

Motorola MPx220 to hit UK in December

US official debut this past weekend

http://go.theregister.com/news/2004/10/19/...px220_uk_debut/

As I say - soon as I can access it, I'll post more.

Guest shadamehr
Or see my link to the register story 7 posts back!

;-)

Sorry pisquee... with your post containing nothing more than a link itself, no explanation text, it was taken in the context of the posts around it, and that was seeming as if it WOULD be out.

Hence how I missed it, by not having bothered to read it.

A little teext by way of explanation would have been handy for simpletons like me ;-)

Also, thanks for the update on the Register DDoS news - I never realised!

Guest kianlo0n

i did see it in the car phone ware house catalogue... it stated it will be available this month(october) but when i ask the them, they said that phone will not be available till next month...arghh...

desparate for this phone!i did see it in the car phone ware house catalogue... it stated it will be available this month(october) but when i ask the them, they said that phone will not be available till next month...arghh...

desparate for this phone!

For the OFFICIAL release date call O2 direct on 0870 225 7879. Ask when the mpx220 is available, they will tell you, as I mentioned a few posts back, the 19th of November. No need to guess anymore