Guest markhammill

Guest markhammill

[183]Alienware.gif

File Name :: Alienware

Author :: markhammill

Category :: Other

Description ::

Features

Skinned Iconbar and C500 plugin. Full version also includes missed call screen and new message screen. Extra screens are slightly temperamental due to C500 plugin.

Comments

ZIP includes CAB file and two *.bmh files which need to be copied to the /Storage/Application Data/Home directory and don't need to be replaced after restarts so they will be included in the CAB in the next release.

Icon used from Alienware's Windows Blind theme by The Skins Factory

Updated Thu, Jan 27 2005 11:18 am

View File

Can anyone explain why when I receive a message or missed call, the screens are off centre. I can press up and down and the screen becomes garbled. This is the only Homescreen that I have had that does this. Even after having applied the new Update for the C500, causing a full reset, it still occurs. Is there anything wrong or do I need to set something?

Cheers

Guest markhammill

Hi vs1979,

I'm afraid it is due to the C500 plugin.

Instead of the extra screens covering the menu they are displayed above it. Which means you can scroll down making it look naff. It should show the right screen first if the keypad is locked, but it is a bit temperamental.

I would suggest the Lite version as it has the two problematic screens removed.

So does that mean it occurs for everyone? I thought there were other C500 plugin Homescreen mods that worked without this problem. Maybe I'm just wrong.

Have to say though that I do love the overall look of this. (I actually use the alienware theme for the PC - sad I know - but it looks good)

• 2 weeks later...

Taking the risk and asking a potentially dump question:

Is there any chance or known way to have that orange c500 plugin (and hence the wonderful theme) on the

T-Mobile SDA?

Thanks in advance,

Yoko

Tanks for the (sad) info, markhammill.

I already expected that info, but was hoping...

That sidebar style orange thing looks great and the c500 has a strong community, so I was curious.

Thanks again,

Yoko

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RichieRich

Hey Mark,

Was gonna ask the same question as Bauer, coz this would just rock on my e200, as I've got the full skin already on my PC!!!!

Please, in fact pretty please, could you do one for us....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

(With sugar on top!! :wink: )

RR

Guest markhammill

I'm afraid it takes a lot more skill to do an E200 skin with icons then a C500 skin. Which I haven't got.

I have given a couple of people the images I used so they can give it a go, but I haven't seen anything yet.

If anyone else wants a go, let me know and I'll PM you what I've got.

• 1 month later...
Guest markhammill

Wow, If the bmh files are copies into the storage/application date/home folder instead, they survive reboots.

Anyone want to update my cab files :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markon

Damn man this is finer. A startup and shutdown screen with this will make the screen a nominee for best screen of O five. Well in my book at least :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Skunkchild

Excellent skin ! Just got my C500 today so this was great to find, many thanks.

Do you have any links or more info on how to customise the c500 plugin ?

post-6031-1106362415_thumb.jpg

post-6031-1106370989_thumb.jpg

post-6031-1106371053_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skunkchild

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.