MPx220 Flashlight??

Guest Godfather

Guest Godfather

Just curious, since the MPx220 has a flash for the camera that really doesn't work well and in some cases is a joke, I was thinking is it possible to use it as a flashlight???? Like a tweak or program that will just turn it on. Might sound stupid but I figure hell if it doesn't work for the camera I might as well use it to find things at night and make it useful and worth the money! lol

Thanks!

Guest Godfather

Well ya i know it would drain my battery more, but it would just be cool to have. and i already have an extra battery cause i use the phone a lot. Posted from my SmartPhone!

i really want an app to turn that "flash" into a flashlight' that would be awesome. i don't care if it wastes the already crappy batterie life. that flash should be useful for something, cause it's certainly not doing anything as a flash ^_^

Posted from my SmartPhone!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest servoisgod
No nothing yet. but still hope some does make a tweak for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, this would be cool if you could asign it to a button like the camera button on the outside. I never use that for anything, but it would be a quick flashlight button from that point on :)

Aaron

Guest poulidis
You don't think that something designed to flash, if turned on all the time, would drain your battery in minutes!?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you should know, many phones out there use tha flash for recording video as well. Since you can record video for even minutes, do you think that if the battery consumption was so high , the makers of the phones would have allowed it to operate for so much time?

Just curious

• 6 months later...
Guest fluffcat1
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!  This is something I need very badly.  Get to work guys  :D

Errr, why not by a keyring maglite if you need light so badly?..... :)

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mehrzad8433

i used to have a program called Torch on my phone. It didn't light up the LED, but it would put a white image on the screen, lighting up your surroundngs.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Torch was written as a joke by Paul [MVP] in the very early days of the SPV, some muppets even tried selling it on ebay ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chookster_01
Just copy the flashlight.exe file on your phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did, but it doesnt install. Can someone post another link of it for me...?

Guest My_Immortal
I did, but it doesnt install. Can someone post another link of it for me...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't have to install it. Just select it via File Manager and it will run. ;)

Guest henhen
You don't have to install it. Just select it via File Manager and it will run.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

grrrrrrrrrr... i have a mpx220 black, flashlight.exe doesnt seem to work... i click this exe from de SP and it does nothing ;)

HELP!!!!!! :shock:

Is there any possible way to turnon this little LED when there is a incoming call???

Thanks in advance

Guest My_Immortal
grrrrrrrrrr... i have a mpx220 black, flashlight.exe doesnt seem to work... i click this exe from de SP and it does nothing ;)

HELP!!!!!!  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I cannot understand what is going on... I have a black MPx220, on 1.49gr ROM.

It could have something to do with your current ROM.