Post C500 Update - New bugs, issues, unresolved bugs etc

Guest pisquee

Guest pisquee

I thought that it might be an idea to have a seperate thread for posting of new bugs now that the update has been released.

This will leave the news thread for problems with installing the update, and have bugs in here. This will be a bit neater, and stop the news thread getting too big and confusing.

So post away.

Guest HurricaneDave

am i missing something here??

i know the c500 has multipress issues but i SWEAR before the upgrade i could use 2 keys together.. on the fixed eclipse i had my keys set ass folows,,

up=8 down=2 left=4 right=6 fire=#

and i COULD use 2 keys together EG: i could use 8+4 for diagonal up/left or 2+# for fireing whilst moving down but now i can only use ONE key at a time so whats up with this?

Guest shadamehr

UNRESOLVED BUG

Images used as Wallpaper on SD card do not survive a re-boot. On next boot it will display a plain white screen

(Though asking for people to post unresolved bugs might be a bit dangerous, as the update only fixed a very limited number of specific issues.

SOMETHING NEW:

The option to "add word" when typing in t9 is now, instead of bold text "add word", now italic text "add word"

GPRS 'G' is found quicker than the network itself now

the keypress bug is very frustrating, playing games was at least possible before.

i'm not sure if this is a new bug but i haven't spotted it before- the screen is flickering as i type this message. it seems to happen when t9 offers tries to predict the next word.

damn you orange. will a hard reset remove this mother of all non-updates?

on the upside, web browsing is noticeably quicker. i play california games alot more than i use gprs though.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

the keypress bug is very frustrating, playing games was at least possible before.

i'm not sure if this is a new bug but i haven't spotted it before- the screen is flickering as i type this message. it seems to happen when t9 offers tries to predict the next word.

damn you orange. will a hard reset remove this mother of all non-updates?

on the upside, web browsing is noticeably quicker. i play california games alot more than i use gprs though.

Guest chucky.egg

i find GPRS to be noticeably quicker loading pages as well as just connecting.

haven't noticed the multi-press issue... is there a freebie game that we can test it with? None of my games need multi-press!

Guest inspectorgadjet

I don't know if I managed to do something stupid, but I set up an imap account to download mail from my own webserver and it said my security certificate was not valid when I first checked mail. It still checked the mail after that, and hasn't asked again since, but I just thought that a bit strange. I'm fairly sure I didn't have any ssl or extra security features turned on.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Guest bosshogg

I can't send sms messages to my contacts any more!

If I select a contact by clicking in the "To" field, I get the following when I try to send:

The following errors occured while sending and receiving email: Message undeliverable. Make sure the SMS address is entered correctly and try again

I can reply to sent SMS messages though...

Guest bosshogg

ok, I solved it: when I synced my contacts back to the phone after the update it's imported all the mobile numbers as "441111 123456" instead of "+441111123456". If I manually add the "+" to the start of the number it works. Anyone else had this?

Guest shadamehr
ok, I solved it: when I synced my contacts back to the phone after the update it's imported all the mobile numbers as "441111 123456" instead of "+441111123456". If I manually add the "+" to the start of the number it works. Anyone else had this?

Nope,

But if you search this site, there is a tool Paul did that updates all your Outlook contacts to the correct International Format, to save you doing this one by one.

In fact, here you go:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...national+format

activesync passthough refuses to stay put

activesync to a server through passthrough doesnt seem to work

GPRS seems slower.. but the G icon shows up a lot quicker.

and each application i load, if i leave it for a while it goes back to the home screen ???.

Guest Chaser81

I dont really play games on my SPV C500, but one thing I have noticed Post-Update is that writing text messages using T9 seems slightly slower. Its not so bad as to prevent me doing it, but it IS noticeably slower than it used to be!

Guest Jasonkruys

And I still can't reproduce that "Images used as Wallpaper on SD card do not survive a re-boot. On next boot it will display a plain white screen"

Mine has been working flawlessly ever since I got it, pre and post update.

Guest Navec245

I am having a problem deleting sub folders of programs that I have removed (x-bar and several others) in the application manager folders. I get an error message stating not enough memory and having the correct rights to delete a file. Anyone notice that? Is a hard reset required?

You're right with the key press being even worse, i've just tried eclipse and now there is no multi-press even on the number pad. This means you can't scroll and shoot at the same time, making it pretty impossible to play, this wasnt a problem before the update.

So we now have the choice, either have some control and the games flicker or crash

or

the games run but we have no control!!!

Nice one orange.

Granted not all games require multipress but any remotely interesting or fast paced game is gonna rely on it, so is kinda vital.

p.s. please if im wrong someone correct me, because otherwise i've been waiting for a useless update, and convinced quite a few people to get the phone saying a fix is on its way!

Guest HurricaneDave

no you are NOT wrong ,, once again the idiots at orange have released a steaming pile of garbage that they call an update ,, HEY lets release an update that takes an already virtually unusable phone (gaming wise) and makes it totally unusable..Who ever is responsible for the update i hope you are reading this,, out of all the updates that you have released for all the smartphones you have NEVER made one that whilst fixing some issues does not create new ones..

i believe you are either mind numbingly stupid or totally ignorant to the desires of your customers

Guest shadamehr
And I still can't reproduce that "Images used as Wallpaper on SD card do not survive a re-boot. On next boot it will display a plain white screen"

Mine has been working flawlessly ever since I got it, pre and post update.

Jason...

As per the original thread on this:

1. If you set the image to use as a wallpaper, by a method such as browsing in the Multimedia Album, then finding an image on the card, and then telling it to "use as background wallpaper" this will survive a re-boot, and is already accepted - this is becuase when you do this, it creates a CACHED copy of the image, which gets saved in PHONE memory. QED, the same for images taken with the camera.

2. If you use the Orange default homescreen, and possible one or two others, again, MAYBE those xml files saved in the windows inbuilt rom folder (that is, the homescreen STYLE, not the wallpaper to use), then AGAIN, for some strange reason, if you set an image to use as a wallpaper from the SD card, then with these homescreen themes, they WILL survive a re-boot.

BUT...

3. Use a proprietory homescreen file that shows minimal information, that is stored in the 'Home' folder, NOT in the windows one, and use the Start > Settings > Homescreen method to tell it what image to use, and then choose an image off the sd card, and upon next re-boot, the image will display a blank screen.

I suspect you are doing either number 1, or number 2.

If so, we KNOW this works mate.

It's the last bit that's the problem.

Let me know if you are NOT using method 1, and are NOT using a homescreen type such as one of those in method 2 up above, and STILL finding it survives a re-boot.

If so, you are the first to get it to work - no one else can, when done the normal way, of method 3...

Guest shadamehr

NEW ISSUE/BEHAVIOUR:

The flicker adjustment mode, in the Camera application - the "Automatic" refresh rate has now been removed, and the other options of 50Hz or 60Hz are now the only two choices.

Er, what gives with this..?

And more to the point, which one should I be using?

No point asking Orange, as they wont even know this has happened.

Oh, already the "I wish I'd never updated" calls are coming in...

Mmmmm.

I've still got auto as well, this option only has an effect when looking at tv's/monitors with the camera, it will stop the flicker on the screen. the majority of british tv's run at 50Hz but more modern ones run at 60Hz with the best running at 100Hz, and pc's can vary but mines running at 85Hz. I wouldnt worry to much about it its not to important!

Guest shadamehr

It is when you REALLY haven't got Auto anymore...

I really haven't.

Mmmm - anyone else wanna check this, as it seems like it's only me so far...

Weird.

Guest sgannon

I've got auto too. You just scroll left and right to change options - it doesn't bring up a separate screen like yours. :shock:

Have you got Camera version 2.50 (Build 17036) ?

Guest shadamehr
I've got auto too. You just scroll left and right to change options - it doesn't bring up a separate screen like yours.  :shock:

Have you got Camera version 2.50 (Build 17036) ?

Er, soz mate, but it DOES if you click the action key, to SHOW all available options, just like ANY item list does.

Try it on yours mate.

ANY menu option list can be changed one of two ways... By scrolling left and right through the available options, or by hitting the action key rocker, to show ALL options at once.

A good example of this is when changing ringtones etc.

But I'm peturbed to find that EVERYONE has Auto except me.

It's not got anything to do with the Mode I am using or anything has it...?

mmmm - strange.

(And yes, it's Version 2.50, Build 17036 - very weird)